RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

Inters night 3

Even better.my only wish is to attract a few more people and keep them.when u have Aidan Ridley on  not knowing they were on.well. He mused about the domestic meetings thought Auckland was on Saturday.we have to get out there we have a superior entertainment product than galloping.top facilities night entertainment  etc.

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

Even better.my only wish is to attract a few more people and keep them.when u have Aidan Ridley on  not knowing they were on.well. He mused about the domestic meetings thought Auckland was on Saturday.we have to get out there we have a superior entertainment product than galloping.top facilities night entertainment  etc.

Stop making sense tim, I have a non racing brother now going to addington every now and then he didn't realize how good the facilities were and how inexpensive it was along with free entertainment. 

Excellent night of Harness racing.

Ultimate Sniper's race was brilliant , some 6 lead changes during race.......great weather,great tactical driving ,great commentary ,the Aussies came to play and added a lot , great time and the favourite won narrowly after looking in trouble.

Amazing win.

Hey guys anyone know what time draws are out today? and has anyone got news on Habibi?.....Winterfell was so switched on the other night twernt funny, done it easy; The Sniper was the ultimate; and Marcoola again trotted his legs off; and The Belle, well whataya say there.....:rcfe-happy-2:

Do they not have PR Officers at HRNZ and or Alex Park? and who's job is it to publicise these events? just thinkin Addington didn't seem to have much trouble with ads etc re NZ Cup, just really sad this is The Inters and no one knows about em, I asked at a couple of events I went to last week here in Puke, Papakura and Auck and only a couple out of a around 40/50 odd people knew they were even on, even me neighbour asked when we were fencing 2 days ago 'Interdominions, when are they on'? ah dude they nearly over, Finals are next Sat.....The Inters are the World Cup of Australasia for cryin down the drainpipe!!!! there used to be ads both Newspaper and TV even in the local paps, now nothin? gawdsakes.....

Cheers Iraklis

3 hours ago, Iraklis said:

Hey guys anyone know what time draws are out today? and has anyone got news on Habibi?.....Winterfell was so switched on the other night twernt funny, done it easy; The Sniper was the ultimate; and Marcoola again trotted his legs off; and The Belle, well whataya say there.....:rcfe-happy-2:

Do they not have PR Officers at HRNZ and or Alex Park? and who's job is it to publicise these events? just thinkin Addington didn't seem to have much trouble with ads etc re NZ Cup, just really sad this is The Inters and no one knows about em, I asked at a couple of events I went to last week here in Puke, Papakura and Auck and only a couple out of a around 40/50 odd people knew they were even on, even me neighbour asked when we were fencing 2 days ago 'Interdominions, when are they on'? ah dude they nearly over, Finals are next Sat.....The Inters are the World Cup of Australasia for cryin down the drainpipe!!!! there used to be ads both Newspaper and TV even in the local paps, now nothin? gawdsakes.....

Cheers Iraklis

A lot of hoop and holler there Iraklis.

As a matter of interest what is your contribution / involvement in the battling Harness industry.

I think I read on here that you don't bet , you obviously not a member of your local club [ the ATC ] and I think you sometimes attend race nights which has free entry !

Just wondering ?

Are you kinda a Harry Hopman or 'Ideas man' ?

3 hours ago, tim vince said:

I like the idea of ads on back of buses but not sure cost.with Auckland traffic plenty of time to read them.could put promos etc on there.example all tap beer 5 bucks 5 to 6.

Set up a float like the santa parade with something creative on the back and run it up Queen St everyday this week around lunchtime, question is who and where are your target audience :rcf-rich-1: Surely Auckland Council wont mind it is an international event after all :rcfe-like:

Tasman, hoop and holler or not! whether I bet or not, or am a member or not, or entry is free or not, has absolutely nothing to do with anything!...what I am sayin (and I aint the only one in here talkn it by the way) there has been mention of past big race nights and the attendance at them where you had to fight for space to stand an you couldn't move without upsettin someones chips or beerseys etc and now theres enough space to swing a horse! what do you think got em there?.....I have pointed out that the one thing I have noticed this time around, regarding the Inters the series doesn't seem to have the coverage there used to be, and perhaps this is somewhere harness racin needs to up their game, good ol publicity! if the sport is to gain back that fan base and get more to the track etc, which by the way is not only the domain of the punter, but owners, trainers, breeders, and enthusiasts of the sport of all types!...people used to attend because they knew about these race nights, and they felt included, standard advertisin stuff allow the public to 'buy in' (yuh gotta sell it to em) to any particular event! and yuh do that with TV, radio, newspapers, local papers whatever it takes......

Cheers Iraklis

Draws for the finals....

PACING FINAL, $500,000, 2700m mobile          

1: My Kiwi Mate

2: Sicario

3: Ashley Locaz

4: On The Cards

5: Ultimate Sniper

6: Mach Shard

7: A G’s White Socks

8: Triple Eight

9: Chase Auckland (2nd line)

10: San Carlo

11: Cruz Bromac

12: Classie Brigade (em)

13: The Fixer 

TROTTING FINAL $150,000, 2700m mobile

1: Big Jack Hammer

2: Winterfell

3: Destiny Jones

4: Majestic Man

5: Monty Python (em)

6: Valloria

7: Bonnie Highlander

8: Marcoola

9: Temporale (2nd line)

10: Habibi Inta

11: Tough Monarch

12: Paramount King

13: Massive Metro

7 hours ago, tim vince said:

I like the idea of ads on back of buses but not sure cost.with Auckland traffic plenty of time to read them.could put promos etc on there.example all tap beer 5 bucks 5 to 6.

Tim I've pushed the idea of harness stickers being produced by hrnz and given to all owners , trainers, etc but probably just makes far to muck sense. 

27 minutes ago, tim vince said:

Free is good.i know it ain't easy but it seems the marketing has lost its way or maybe  not worth it.just hit nz cup and summer grass and realise the rest is buggered and don't spend the m9ney..

There are 10,000 registered owners , thats 10 000 free bill boards . To simple , throw in some large horse floats , nah makes to much sense. 

1 hour ago, westview said:

There are 10,000 registered owners , thats 10 000 free bill boards . To simple , throw in some large horse floats , nah makes to much sense. 

Yet it seems most of them prefer the TV at home to watch the races ,often when their own horses are running !

Maybe some detailed research on what could change this would be worthwhile .

I'm a galloping person [ obviously ]  but I do enjoy harness racing,  but if it wasn't for the discusions here and elsewhere I wouldn't know they are on.

My dad was on the committee at the old Canterbury Park,  I've followed the trots for years,  and the Interdominions were huge.  What's happened ?

I've always felt that the harness code manages its piece of the funding ' pie '  far better than the galloping one,  but the ball has been dropped for this series.

Hear hear Pam, this series could've been huge for ATC and Harness Racin in general had it been marketed right; yes there is alot of competition here in Auk for sporting attention, and you do have Sky TV racin channels to compete with (ie. gettin the peeps out to the Track instead of stayin home to watch on TV) but guys we all know there is nothin, absolutely nothin! like goin out there and watchin it live! it's so so very different to the sanitised version we see on Sky; not only the atmosphere, it's the best for a great night out with family and or friends, meetin new people, the camraderie with other horsey people, the awesome equine athletes in the flesh, and in this instance above all else, we the best against the best in Australasia goin head to head! right on our frickn doorstep, and no one knows about it whaaaaat!....

so come on Tasman, he who thinks you have to have some kind of monetary input to have right of say, or critique, or opinion on anything harness.....where do you think advertisers/marketers go to to canvass for opinions and gauge feeling and or sentiment on any given product (Harness Racin is a product) in an effort to up sales and or gain more interest in it? jo bloggs public!

Cheers Iraklis

I'm getting too old to worry about this now (or am I)

My impression of the carnival to date (heats) is that it is they are just another premier race night - no new thinking, same on course hosts doing what they always do, most of emphasis on filling function rooms rather than creating queues at the tote windows, in fact there seems to be less of these anyway but I may be wrong.    One day to go - the finals - let's hope they have something up their sleeves to surprise us (and delight us) with.     Doesn't seem to be much mention of the superb hall of fame either.    A visit there pre races is a must for out of town visitors.    Open from around 4 pm on race night.

24 minutes ago, eljay said:

I'm getting too old to worry about this now (or am I)

My impression of the carnival to date (heats) is that it is they are just another premier race night - no new thinking, same on course hosts doing what they always do, most of emphasis on filling function rooms rather than creating queues at the tote windows, in fact there seems to be less of these anyway but I may be wrong.    One day to go - the finals - let's hope they have something up their sleeves to surprise us (and delight us) with.     Doesn't seem to be much mention of the superb hall of fame either.    A visit there pre races is a must for out of town visitors.    Open from around 4 pm on race night.

Would not be holding your breath for something new  Eljay given the overall lack of marketing for the event. You wont get any new blood entering the game by advertising events on Trackside as they are already converts

Greg