RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guinness

Matamata Race 5 False Start?

The starter did not open the gates immediately after calling clear. Some horses crashed into the gates and lost  the jump.I heard the protest siren sound but left the track in frustration and never heard the outcome. Can anyone inform as to the outcome please. A large sum of money down the drain, Shouldn't the starter be held accountable and offered retraining or at least horses scratched. I know the jockeys discussed why it wasn't a false start as some thought it would be. I am guessing this will be swept under the carpet and the general public will be none the wiser. Sad, very sad. Where do I find the stewards report please. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Guinness said:

The starter did not open the gates immediately after calling clear. Some horses crashed into the gates and lost  the jump.I heard the protest siren sound but left the track in frustration and never heard the outcome. Can anyone inform as to the outcome please. A large sum of money down the drain, Shouldn't the starter be held accountable and offered retraining or at least horses scratched. I know the jockeys discussed why it wasn't a false start as some thought it would be. I am guessing this will be swept under the carpet and the general public will be none the wiser. Sad, very sad. Where do I find the stewards report please. Thanks.

Be uploaded with results later , it will be on there . Only had quick look in passing , I think one charged gate.  Winner dominant from back in that one . But as I say not given it good look , others will know better .

1 hour ago, Guinness said:

Stipes report up now on NZTR site with results .

29 minutes ago, Gruff said:

The first two looked good Guiness, not ideal all the same. 

Gravitelle looked very handy once she put her head down   and got rolling in last 100 in later race . Comes from Lord Derby's stud , damside has Ouiji Board appearing in it  , a globetrotting superstar and has produced a Derby winner as well as a few high priced yearlings . Good staying pedigree as Frontiersman who Godolphin brought  another good stayer from family .