RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Can the RIU miss Tina dropping her Hands

Bugger all the apologists out there but she should get a month plus for her ride on the big shortner in the first at Riverton. Had it all sewn up and decided that riding it out to the actual finish line is what others do. Its not the first time she has done it either, i know shes an apprentice but has been around for ages and should have some idea how to ride a finish by now, even if its only hands and heels.

And no, i did not punt it but know plenty that did on both islands.

Greg

She's a senior now,  not an apprentice.

She has a very good record,  but isn't flash with the stick ;  I've often wondered why she bothers using it at all,  she seems to lose her way when she flaps about with it.

With the whip debate going on,  I think she'd be better to try and develop a more vigorous pushing style and forget the stick altogether.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The RIU missed the whole episode if you look in the Stewards report. How Frickin blind are they, no wonder people dont bet down south and you cant blame them.

Greg

Hey  Flash it looked to me the horse maintained its tempo through the line ? If i backed it i wouldnt of been blaming Tina and although Moseley got busy late i would even suggest he didnt really need to :rcf-sad-1:  Just my observation and like you nothing on 

11 hours ago, swampfox said:

off the subject jj watched the replay what concerned me was the clerk of courses horses just about a collision after winning post

Yes I also saw that. The meeting was an amateur shambles. IMHO

Greg

12 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Yes I also saw that. The meeting was an amateur shambles. IMHO

Greg

Your opinion is one thing Greg and you are entitled, but is that opinion really worthy of slagging Tina? Id suggest you watch the tace a few more times and then apologise :rcfe-like:

15 hours ago, Gruff said:

Your opinion is one thing Greg and you are entitled, but is that opinion really worthy of slagging Tina? Id suggest you watch the tace a few more times and then apologise :rcfe-like:

Dont talk absolute rubbish , she dropped her hands 50 metres from post and clearly did not ride it out to the finish line. Also, Im not alone as a few prominent trainers all agreed with me about the performance. I figure the apologists out there would stick up for her but whats the point in having rules if you dont police them them .

I am just so pleased i did not punt it.

Greg

1 hour ago, arjay said:

She sure stopped riding, no doubt, saw the other horse coming too late, did try to push late for 2 strides, and I was on the winner.

Thanks Arjay, the head on gave it away as much as side on but RIU never saw a thing, incompetent on this occasiion IMHO

Greg

Flash you are correct she did drop her hands, I dont know why the RIU didnt get involved maybe, with the way things are going for them at the present time they are taking a back seat. Look at harness racing, Mark P fined only 300 for not driving a horse out at the finish then is caught again maybe involved in team driving in the ID heats nothing has come out about that at this stage. I think that the decision on race 2 at Auckland is another cock up the RIU and the JCA seem to be hellbent on trying to be nice people but they are letting down the owners, punters and race goers and it needs to be sorted out ASAP. I understand this is one of the issues that RITA was going to have serious look at.

34 minutes ago, badger said:

I dont know why the RIU didnt get involved maybe, with the way things are going for them at the present time they are taking a back seat.

Well if that's the case then perhaps it time for a change of culture at the RIU and that starts at the top. The recent Ellerslie decision was another shambles and nearly as bad as the Vieneta  case.

Greg

8 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Dont talk absolute rubbish , she dropped her hands 50 metres from post and clearly did not ride it out to the finish line. Also, Im not alone as a few prominent trainers all agreed with me about the performance. I figure the apologists out there would stick up for her but whats the point in having rules if you dont police them them .

I am just so pleased i did not punt it.

Greg

Im no apologist. This horse was flat out, you make it sound like it went to the line with something up its sleeve, it did not. If this was worth a month off others weve seen deserve years. Mountain out of a molehill 

9 hours ago, arjay said:

She sure stopped riding, no doubt, saw the other horse coming too late, did try to push late for 2 strides, and I was on the winner.

Watch from the 2.24 mark on the video,you cant beat that for a close-up.... no wonder the stipes didnt miss Tina ‘dropping her hands  :rcfe-happy-3: 

8 hours ago, Gruff said:

Im no apologist. This horse was flat out, you make it sound like it went to the line with something up its sleeve, it did not. If this was worth a month off others weve seen deserve years. Mountain out of a molehill 

Ok Mr RIU.  You'll get a bonus for this effort

We will just have to agree to disagree

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Ok Mr RIU.  You'll get a bonus for this effort

We will just have to agree to disagree

Greg

We all make mistakes Greg, and the RIU make more than their fair share

This incident looked uglier than it was , and mainly because the winner hit the line looking like it could of gone around again . Good to see you post opinions on matters like these all the same  Greg,. All the best