RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Raceform

On 12/15/2019 at 9:12 PM, tim vince said:

when me and a matee got one at about 15 being the little shits we were we were surrounded by punters and we turned it off with a furlong to run.the  mob none to pleased.we didn't do it again. Too scared.great days but well gone now.some say I'm still a little shit.hard to argue

Reminds me when I was of the same age... my mate had a flash new digital watch that had a remote control function to operate TVs. 

We would often tag along together to the races with the old man. Lots of punters would be gathered around the tv screens ontrack showing teletext divis, and races from other venues. 

When punters least expected it, usually about furlong out from the end of a race being screened on TV, my mate would point his watch to the telly and push a button on his watch.... zip... blackness. The ole standby button hahaha fark it was funny as, loved getting the punters angry as F. I must see if I can track another one of those watches down and relive my youth. Bloody greyhounds on a Sunday arvo at my TAB. Be great entertainment doing that again. 

40 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Reminds me when I was of the same age... my mate had a flash new digital watch that had a remote control function to operate TVs. 

We would often tag along together to the races with the old man. Lots of punters would be gathered around the tv screens ontrack showing teletext divis, and races from other venues. 

When punters least expected it, usually about furlong out from the end of a race being screened on TV, my mate would point his watch to the telly and push a button on his watch.... zip... blackness. The ole standby button hahaha fark it was funny as, loved getting the punters angry as F. I must see if I can track another one of those watches down and relive my youth. Bloody greyhounds on a Sunday arvo at my TAB. Be great entertainment doing that again. 

And do the USA races while your'e at it please

Is there an edition for todays and Saturdays racing ? .. not in my TAB, they said they dont know what's happening. Waste of time if it has Fridays fields in it if it arrives. It's really Deja Vu, same old issues as before.

4 minutes ago, drewandjo said:

next issue out December 30 as stated in editors column of 23 December issue

Tried to buy one today. My first attempt to have a look. So, no issue covering today's or this weekend's racing? Agency didn't seem to have any idea. Not a very auspicious debut if that is the case.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Tried to buy one today. My first attempt to have a look. So, no issue covering today's or this weekend's racing? Agency didn't seem to have any idea. Not a very auspicious debut if that is the case.

Agree, it seems to be just make it up as you go along .. they just dont get it, if you are committing to producing a weekly racing paper, then do it properly or don't bother. It's just like previous so annoyingly inconsistent.

2 hours ago, Everton said:

No raceform at my TAB, Des Coppins radio advert states out every Thursday ????

I briefly spoke with Editor Dennis Ryan at Ellerslie yesterday and told him of the confusion about distribution days , giving the example that TAB staff at a busy outlet were being asked and did not know.

He said that he emailed all retail outlets i.e. TAB's that it was out on Monday 30 December .

I also said I ,along with others had experienced "sold out' situations.

Obviously the outlets need to sort their ordering out.

We were interrupted and I missed the date of next distribution but am confident it not today.

Maybe a good idea if it included in each edition ,as in good old days.

The articles in the 30/12 edition were very good and track comments too....nice piece from BGP boss .Note they now have a billboard near Sylvia Park ,NZ's busiest mall.

I also note teeshirts around and Ted and Bert had their badges on.

Good stuff happening !

I have just spoken to the Editor.

There is no Raceform for this weekend, as with the fields closing on New Year's eve it was impossible to get anyone to print and distribute yesterday/today.

Next addition Jan 9..... back to normal. 

However I don't know if back to normal also means A4 size. I guess that we will have to wait and see. 

I believe that they will soon get on top of the teething troubles, 

Same old same old, bloody frustrating. How comr they make things happen in Aussie, but it's the same old excuse here that it's impossible... in this age of technology ?????. Thank God for the papers they seem to be able to sort something, otherwise there would be nothing. And why have Coppins advertising on Trackside radio that it is out EVERY Thursday ?? When you can't keep promises or just dont even communicate accurately people wont bother anymore, and then the publication will say it's not viable and will be finishing up. Then some months later something new and wonderful comes out, fails and so on and so on.

50 minutes ago, Everton said:

Same old same old, bloody frustrating. How comr they make things happen in Aussie, but it's the same old excuse here that it's impossible... in this age of technology ?????. Thank God for the papers they seem to be able to sort something, otherwise there would be nothing. And why have Coppins advertising on Trackside radio that it is out EVERY Thursday ?? When you can't keep promises or just dont even communicate accurately people wont bother anymore, and then the publication will say it's not viable and will be finishing up. Then some months later something new and wonderful comes out, fails and so on and so on.

Agree with your frustrations.

But this age of technology does allow you to easily print any meeting off.

And if you at home ,where a lot of study and betting takes place you have all the information ,and more, at your fingertips.

Not to mention what you youngsters can get via your phone !

This publication is in early stages , the guys are working hard at getting it up and running so give it a chance....tricky time of year with so much racing and nominations being left open etc.

I don't think it was better when the book cost a shilling [ 10 cents ].

On reflection the Friday flash was a great publication but up to date info nothing like it is today and fields for Saturday racing came out on Monday nights.And even the Flash had a 'break' over this busy holiday period !

No digital /on line info back then.

15 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Agree with your frustrations.

But this age of technology does allow you to easily print any meeting off.

And if you at home ,where a lot of study and betting takes place you have all the information ,and more, at your fingertips.

Not to mention what you youngsters can get via your phone !

This publication is in early stages , the guys are working hard at getting it up and running so give it a chance....tricky time of year with so much racing and nominations being left open etc.

I don't think it was better when the book cost a shilling [ 10 cents ].

On reflection the Friday flash was a great publication but up to date info nothing like it is today and fields for Saturday racing came out on Monday nights.And even the Flash had a 'break' over this busy holiday period !

No digital /on line info back then.

Understand all the other avenues for form etc, but not everyone has that, plus the point is if you are going to put something out there for the racing people then do it properly .. not half arsed, and then say "but you can go on this website or use that avenue" when we stuff up again.

On 12/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, rdytdy said:

I love this weeks edition, just wish it would be permanent. Fits into the bookcase perfectly also. 

Is a race form due out today ? 

3 hours ago, Insider said:

No.....see my post of 23 hours ago.

Thanks for that .Hopefully stays at the reduced size .Was at the Naki last week and most people I talked to preferred the size that fits in the back pocket.

1 hour ago, Trump said:

No probs in Oz. Best Bets available at all NewsAgents and newspapers have fields in for today and the weekend. Winners galore! 

Ha nothing changes ! Best you post us a couple of winners ? We are reverting to the dark ages .

5 hours ago, Trump said:

No probs in Oz. Best Bets available at all NewsAgents and newspapers have fields in for today and the weekend. Winners galore! 

No probs in OZ...not according to TV news.

The place is on fire ,dozens of lives lost , thousands of homes burned to ground ,millions of acres incinerated.

Meanwhile the PM goes on holiday then hosts the cricket teams and hopes the game can proceed in the smoke !

No doubt the Govt that 24 million Aussies elect will continue to fund the Racing industry which a significant of population still love and support.

meanwhile our nearly 5 million people don't like or trust racing and believe its corrupt and causing much harm hence the government offers very little.

Can you see the difference .....chalk and cheese !

As with the Victorian fires of about 8 years ago the horses are merely moved to a paddock not raining sparks and embers and the trainers plan detours for their floats to get around the catastrophe !I was there ,saw it !

The show must go on.......business as usual .

No probs in OZ...she'll be right maaaaaaate , put another shrimp on the barbie and crack open another XXXXXXX.

8 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Yes Gaz as long as the Best Bets is available at the Newsagents that haven't burnt down. 

These fires are a disaster and I notice the Anzac spirit is alive with our Govt sending 155 fire fighters to help. Thoughts are with all the people affected. 

Happy New Year Memphis.......I hope you safe and well !

Absolute catastrophic and so close to home !