RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Raceform

Memo Toblerone: 

I hope you have read the Editorial by Dennis Ryan in today’s Raceform. I was not alone in criticising the non arrival of the first issue last Thursday. I quote Dennis: “ We fielded a flood of phone calls, texts and emails, mostly wanting a please explain”. On a more positive note the second issue is outstanding. My local TAB ran out of copies before lunchtime.

And that’s the point... for goodness sake over deliver and let no one go away empty handed!

Idiots organising the distribution volumes of the Best Bets had no idea. 

Dennis and team make sure that everyone can buy a copy, even on a Saturday morning.

If it don't fit in my back pocket with half a pencil behind me ear no go.kids we used to imitate the old timers and it was a habit till the demise of the old best bets.of course a transistor was good so u could listen to the double races from other meetings,the  bloke withh th transistor was king.when me and a matee got one at about 15 being the little shits we were we were surrounded by punters and we turned it off with a furlong to run.the  mob none to pleased.we didn't do it again. Too scared.great days but well gone now.some say I'm still a little shit.hard to argue

They should set up a virtual printing program. A $99 two sided printer can be positioned in each outlet. Each outlet should be supplied with the paper. Each printer should be sponsored into the outlet by a friendly party. As these printers operate very quickly, rule should be set at a default that when last copy sold (all printed on site), new one automatically printed. Very quickly you would learn numbers needed. If a deluge of people want a copy (heaven forbid that ever happening), then copy will only take 2 minutes to print. Much like waiting for a Big Mack. This process would allow holiday populations to know they could get a Raceform where ever they are and there wouldn't be the mystery for Raceform as to where they should send what number to what outlet. In the end a lot cheaper for both Raceform and the buyer. Everyone happy all the way round.

1 hour ago, Berri said:

They should set up a virtual printing program. A $99 two sided printer can be positioned in each outlet. Each outlet should be supplied with the paper. Each printer should be sponsored into the outlet by a friendly party. As these printers operate very quickly, rule should be set at a default that when last copy sold (all printed on site), new one automatically printed. Very quickly you would learn numbers needed. If a deluge of people want a copy (heaven forbid that ever happening), then copy will only take 2 minutes to print. Much like waiting for a Big Mack. This process would allow holiday populations to know they could get a Raceform where ever they are and there wouldn't be the mystery for Raceform as to where they should send what number to what outlet. In the end a lot cheaper for both Raceform and the buyer. Everyone happy all the way round.

Not only that but they could be edited/updated on the run.

The printing "network" could be extended to other material not just racing so that there would be outlets everywhere.

The order is placed by mobile phone app and charged to the customer. Pick up by handing over coupon or some form of ID. Ideal for service stations, convenience stores etc. If large numbers participating each sheet of paper could have some small advert or even targeted advert for that customer.

Even if one does raceform research on the internet some printed material is handy and can exist side by side.

2 hours ago, Big Boned said:

You could have free internet at the TAB and the racecourse. 

Exactly. Why the TAB don't supply computers or at least Wifi is a mystery.

With so many internet cafe's going out of business a smart business orientated TAB person could have spotted an opportunity. Instead we have grossly overpaid morons skimming the the extra percentages from the long suffering punter and living the high life. 

7 hours ago, puha said:

Well done on week 3.Massive improvement love it .

Are you for real? The "RACEFORM" has reverted to BestBets. A5 size. Everything slimmed down if not eliminated.

THere is a need for a publication but Dennis Ryan has got it all wrong.

4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Are you for real? The "RACEFORM" has reverted to BestBets. A5 size. Everything slimmed down if not eliminated.

It’s temporary while the printer sorts out some major problems, so Dennis’s editorial said, or maybe it was the guy at the TAB where I bought it. 
Either way, if that’s fact then the printer needs to sort it out bloody fast as I won’t be buying the A5 size long term. 

7 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Exactly with a little bit of editorial. Least I can read it again plus it fits in the back pocket .If it reverts to a larger size i will be out .