RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richie

Colin Reeves

Ex Jockey and my uncle Colin Reeves passed away on Friday.

Some older "cafers" may remember Colin from the 60s/70s.Colin was based around Timaru and Ashburton and rode for many good stables of the time.

He was a very good apprentice and rode both flat and jumping races.Rode a few winners in some of the better winter carnivals and was top SI apprentice one year.

Unfortunately Colin had a chequered career and was dogged by weight and alcohol problems,after a couple of assault charges at different racecources he was banned from all racecourses in NZ..After retiring as a Jockey he lead a colorful life with stints on the run from police and subsequently a couple of lags in the klink.He worked until 70 as couldn't afford not too and retired to Taumaranui a few years ago.Unfortunately his life was controlled by alcohol and shagging.Alcohol ruined his first marriage and since then he has left quite a few kids to a lot different woman.

RIP Colin

43 minutes ago, richie said:

Ex Jockey and my uncle Colin Reeves passed away on Friday.

Some older "cafers" may remember Colin from the 60s/70s.Colin was based around Timaru and Ashburton and rode for many good stables of the time.

He was a very good apprentice and rode both flat and jumping races.Rode a few winners in some of the better winter carnivals and was top SI apprentice one year.

Unfortunately Colin had a chequered career and was dogged by weight and alcohol problems,after a couple of assault charges at different racecources he was banned from all racecourses in NZ..After retiring as a Jockey he lead a colorful life with stints on the run from police and subsequently a couple of lags in the klink.He worked until 70 as couldn't afford not too and retired to Taumaranui a few years ago.Unfortunately his life was controlled by alcohol and shagging.Alcohol ruined his first marriage and since then he has left quite a few kids to a lot different woman.

RIP Colin

He was worth the mention :rcfe-like: Must of loved the drama aye  :rcf-tongue-2:

4 hours ago, richie said:

retired to Taumaranui a few years ago.Unfortunately his life was controlled by alcohol and shagging.Alcohol ruined his first marriage and since then he has left quite a few kids to a lot different woman.

That's disgusting! - 

surely there are better places to retire than Taumaranui ;)

Condolences to you.

On 5/18/2020 at 10:31 AM, Shontelle said:

Learned things I didn't know about my dad from this post. Googled his name and this came up, I knew he was a jockey but didn't know why he stopped. Thank you :rcfe-star:

Shontelle Colin was my uncle so if he was your dad then you my cousin.I dont think I have heard of you but know Colin was a ladies man and very fertile.

Can I private message you