RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
flockofewes2

~ R2 Ellerslie...

I have watched the replay 30 plus times and I feel sick for the connections and it is beyond belief there was a reversal of placings.

The onus has always been that any horse promoted, must be in all likelihood, would have finished in front of the interfered horse . Clearly, on this occasion, that is NOT THE CASE.

In the Stewards report, it states the interference happened inside the last 100m,I believe the minimal interference happened inside the last 20m when Taroni was looking at the winning post and lost concentration...Bordequx Le Rouge and Taroni has been together almost the entire race and were head to head at the straight entrance and yet despite Taroni getting on one rein and having a big bo-peep at the winning post, she never looked like getting beaten and had her ears pricked at the winning post. i would say that this decision is even worse than the relegation of Magic Briar and that takes some doing.

Lee is it possible to run a poll to get Cafer's opinions on this wrongful decision. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is the only way some justice can be seen to be done on this tragic and unjust relegation.

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Yes, you are correct, but can you name any other Judicial Body that doesn't have an appeal process in place.I mean you can commit murder and appeal the decision.

So what this says to me ,is the JCA is NEVER wrong and there is no need for any recourse by way of an appeal to any decision they make.WRONG WRONG

Never heard  any racing jurisdiction that cannot appeal raceday stewards ,  never occurred to me that there wouldn't be appeal process . Is OZ the same ? .

No appeal strikes me as no confidence in panels ability , same as if you as licence holder cannot criticise authorities , blimey most trainers in UK and Ire be red carded if that was case . Sounds draconian and very old fashion . When you try to shut people up its a sign of weakness .

9 hours ago, Gruff said:

The argument the fav had its chance to get past doesnt sit , it was 1100m after all so was entitled to use this to its entirety, so its completely on point of contact and momentum,and with the fav being ridden out to that point and taking into consideration the head margin was that enough ? The Side on video  is all you need. Placings stand

He was hauling first past post in  slowly down straight  so doubt the minor interference in final strides cost him chance to get by I was trying to argue but yes you dead right , if it's a 1100 he don't have to be in front until post .

if not a te akau horse would it be the same result ?..it is now karaka qualified..due to total incompetence by stipes..will anyone in media challenger them ?..will the weigh in crew say this is bullshit?will des copout say ,this is bullshit? ..yeah/nah...so it will eventually flitter away ,while so many punters are burned and scarred...hope karma is a bitch for te akau

Interesting to note the last inquiry at Ellerslie involving Two year olds ,Trident and  Devotion in motion was instigated by connections unlike this Stewards objection :rcf-rich-1:  one could argue Tridents was the more obvious interference further from the winning post 

1 minute ago, voice of reason said:

if not a te akau horse would it be the same result ?..it is now karaka qualified..due to total incompetence by stipes..will anyone in media challenger them ?..will the weigh in crew say this is bullshit?will des copout say ,this is bullshit? ..yeah/nah...so it will eventually flitter away ,while so many punters are burned and scarred...hope karma is a bitch for te akau

Hey Voice you have fair points but can you blame Jamie Richards crew? Karma should be exercised on the deserving :rcfe-like:

35 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Never heard  any racing jurisdiction that cannot appeal raceday stewards ,  never occurred to me that there wouldn't be appeal process . Is OZ the same ? .

No appeal strikes me as no confidence in panels ability , same as if you as licence holder cannot criticise authorities , blimey most trainers in UK and Ire be red carded if that was case . Sounds draconian and very old fashion . When you try to shut people up its a sign of weakness .

Pretty sure they can't appeal them in Aussie either. The Jewel certainly wasn't appealed, or Poetic Prince. Although I can vaguely recall He's Remarkable's connections considered an appeal but not sure if it actually happened.

Owner of demoted will get money back if promoted winner goes and wins Million with sire on his stud roster , it's all just a money merry go around at top end as the horses life cycle turns and passes between hands   , money slushing around .Backers of first past post ones been done up like a kipper .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

The Ky Derby was the same this year wasn't it? No appeal provision. Attempt declined.

I think this maybe the rule 

The new rule will mean connections of a horse protesting a race result will have to convince a judicial committee that their horse would have finished ahead of the horse who caused the interference.

Her's the problem as I see it.

The interference actually benefited the 2nd horse thus reducing the winning margin to a head as the winning horse lost momentum to avoid contact..

e.g So if the 2 horses swapped lanes and the 2nd horse had a straight run to the line and the winner, although shying was able to continue being ridden with momentum it is almost certain to have won by a far greater margin.

Hence the JCA decision ......would have finished ahead of the horse who caused the interference ....is not valid IMO

23 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

That’s a ludicrous comment.

Firstly I think it was a bad decision too..... but the Te Akau horse has already earned 4500 his first start so if he’d finished second yesterday he’d definitely have made the KM field with 8300 earnings ( there’s never been a KM field yet when 8300 didn’t guarantee you a start )

Stick to the facts champ and forget the bizarre hysterical disinformation 

Agreed, the relegated horse is owned by the Lindsays and if we are going to get into conspiracy theories then it could be argued that they are much bigger than Te Akau and could have more influence. Quite simply just a poor decision.

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Owner of demoted will get money back if promoted winner goes and wins Million with sire on his stud roster , it's all just a money merry go around at top end as the horses life cycle turns and passes between hands   , money slushing around .Backers of first past post ones been done up like a kipper .

Fantastic  for them, but what about the punter?? 

2 hours ago, Huey said:

Fantastic  for them, but what about the punter?? 

I must say, none of the connections of Te Akau Racing had any input into this relegation or inquiry

I am told that the rider was quoted as saying, we were beaten on our merits.

If this was the case then surely it is time to have a serious look at the competency of the RIU and the JCA  in this instance. This is not good enough in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Midget said:

I must say, none of the connections of Te Akau Racing had any input into this relegation or inquiry

I am told that the rider was quoted as saying, we were beaten on our merits.

If this was the case then surely it is time to have a serious look at the competency of the RIU and the JCA  in this instance. This is not good enough in my opinion.

I see you have been brought up to speed.

Who exactly were the officials who...instigated the inquiry and arrived at the decision to relegate...names please.

19 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

Who exactly were the officials who...instigated the inquiry and arrived at the decision to relegate...names please.

J Oatham was the Steward, but will not know who was on the JCA panel until that information appears on their website

9 hours ago, Leggy said:

The Ky Derby was the same this year wasn't it? No appeal provision. Attempt declined.

Secret Gesture lost the 2015 Beverley D in Stewards room, connections went back and had two day appeal hearing , still lost but appeal and chance to put case to higher authority none the less . Yanks racing rules all over the show state to state as you know .

22 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

Question remains would the connections of the runner up put in a protest if the Stipes hadnt ? Unless that fact is already known :rcf-thinking:

•  
1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Question remains would the connections of the runner up put in a protest if the Stipes hadnt ? Unless that fact is already known :rcf-thinking:

You could just read the JCA report. http://www.jca.org.nz/race-days/auckland-rc-thoroughbred-racing-30-11-2019/auckland-rc-30-november-2019-r-2-instigating-a-protest-chair-mr-a-dooley/?query={"portal_type": ["OldSiteHearing", "Hearing", "NonRaceDayHearing", "ProtestHearingDecision", "RequestRulingHearing"], "SearchableText": ""}

The Information indicated that the Protest had been instigated by Mr P Richards on behalf of the connections of BORDEAUX LE ROUGE. However, Mr Ellis the Principal of Te Akau Racing told the Committee that he did not wish to pursue the protest. At this juncture Mr Oatham advised the Committee that the Stipendiary Stewards would be the Informant and proceeded on that basis.

Make of that what you will.

Sam Collet had nothing to say  :rcf-thinking-1: Her opinion would  of been the difference surely. Secondly, when is shifting out a relegation offence?  There was a classic at Morphetville a few years back where two horses eyeballed each other from the turn going from the rail to almost the outside fence , protest was dismissed after 5 minutes :rcfe-happy-3: and as far as loss of momentum goes in this case there wasnt any, the side on video was conclusive.Danielle stopped riding not Sam Collet which should of been the main focus given the head margin ,which is Ultimately why the protest was upheld and the only reason the fav got closer . If this was their first day on the job you could understand :rcf-thinking:

Without head on back on hard to tell.the jc a have rules they have to adhere to.the opinion it was going to win if  it went straight is not relevant.it didn't.the jc a has to adhere to rules.they don't make them.very experienced and competent panel.would be nice if all information and film made public.thennexplanations from the top.im not at all surprised by the decision as I believe the back on and headons might reveal the damage.lets  c them.back on extremely important in these sort of enquiries sometimes it is surprising what they show.better or would help.