RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
flockofewes2

~ R2 Ellerslie...

40 minutes ago, flockofewes2 said:

Protest upheld reminds me why betting on NZ races is ...laughable.

The new winner had every chance to run the leader down and was not good enough.Tangerine dreams ...indeed.:rcf-sad-5:

Agree what a joke

without hanging the winner had 1.5 lengths on the 2nd horse

Contact was only made 15 m from the line as can be seen on the head on and the jockey still last hit the horse 20 m from the line

The 2nd horse was far from certain to beat the winner .The only  reason it got close was the winner being corrected and losing momentum as a consequence.

It stinks

When the protest went up (I didn’t have a bet on the race) my immediate  thought was that the winner had safely held the 2nd horse and that there was no show of the protest being upheld. How wrong was I ! I always thought that the consideration was whether or not the protesting horse would have finished ahead? Bit of a joke imho. 

I will reply to this a later date, but to give some idea what i think,The JCA AND THE RIU MUST BE REPLACED, THIS IS CRIMINAL. 

I will lose my licence if this comes about,but this is the worst decision i have seen and i will voice my opinion and being a licence holder,i am up tp lose it,but i did it  once before and won the case, i will make sure justice is done,i will read all reports and then i will put my opinion up to make sure justice is done, unbelievable this has happened. have a look at the winner's ears pricked 50m before the line.The best horse won without a doubt.

33 minutes ago, tim vince said:

A friend won 26k on the day.lost it .he was none 2 pleased.monday I think result reversed.memory plays tricks but I think j Hayes might have been one of the riders.

Gubelini will have more id suggest 

935C660E-ECA5-4966-910F-584B45942275.png

My Apologies, Not sure there is much more to expand on Midget, the benefit of birdseye with a superimposed line would help but even with our limited exposure youd be a brave person to categorically call the red hot Tangerine $1.30 fav a cert beat :rcf-rich-1:

The promoted winner was edging left the straight as well and by doing so at one point made one on outside shy away slightly  , all the horses were green and shifting slightly in and out . That would imho in most places be appealed  . The Te Akau horse had length of straight to go past , that interference never cost it race and Johnson done everything to keep horse straight.  Mad stuff .

only person gulity here was the jockey of the disqualified winner as she tried too straighten the horse,if she didnt the horse wins by half a length and be lucky too even be a protest....

im no gallops expert but would have to be the worst jca decision for a really long time the only reason the margin was so little was by jockey discression next time just ride them out carve the rest up but punter/owner gets paid.......

The argument the fav had its chance to get past doesnt sit , it was 1100m after all so was entitled to use this to its entirety, so its completely on point of contact and momentum,and with the fav being ridden out to that point and taking into consideration the head margin was that enough ? The Side on video  is all you need. Placings stand

Beaver Boy won the 1985  Rotorua Cup but was relegated to sixth place. On appeal he was reinstated. 

Final result:

1. Beaver Boy Roy McKay

2. Joal Warwick Robinson

3. Dreamawin Cathy Costin

4. Mr Duthie Brian York

5. Kotare Chief Lance O’Sullivan

6. Mister Lumlee John Hayes

11 hours ago, gubellini said:

Pity race day judicial decisions are final. In the old days this decision would be reversed on appeal.

Yes, you are correct, but can you name any other Judicial Body that doesn't have an appeal process in place.I mean you can commit murder and appeal the decision.

So what this says to me ,is the JCA is NEVER wrong and there is no need for any recourse by way of an appeal to any decision they make.WRONG WRONG