RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Triple

I don't think anyone has mentioned the triple dead-heat at Otaki yesterday. A rather unusual occurrence in this day and age. Talk about squeeze the ultimate value out of a stakes race, lots of black type. Just think, back in the bad old days the 1st and 2nd place prices would have been hammered. 

I think the Westport trotting club have the record for the first ever triple winning dead heat in the world, long before my time, but two of the horses were whimpy and knight owl.may have been 1957, but was a world first and the club were rewarded with one thousand pounds,so the story goes.

poundforpound that race you dead heated for first was the 1975 Tapanui Cup. Moocher Wright was on Willie Knows. Third was Orette ridden by Ellis Winsloe. Both the dead heaters were chestnut stallions. Blend by Pakistan 2 out of Belinda’s Flight and Willie Knows by Whistling Willie out of Hot Dog.

On 11/30/2019 at 1:04 PM, rdytdy said:

There was a triple dead heat for first at Waverley in the Brewer Memorial Handicap on 9 October 1968.

Monastic, Unsurpassable and Grey Knight. 

Monastic - trained by Don Grubb at Feilding and was in work for “two years” at one time! Unheard of these days.