RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Unbelievable

1 hour ago, Stables said:

Absolute rubbish, name them

Certainly Stables

Painfully clear you like to fire off missives without doing any homework

It was Ken Barron and Rob Lawson up until recently (along with Peter Larkin who to my knowledge hasn't had a licence)

Mark Purdon has apparently been added, or is going to be added, which will be very good, he can at least read and write

The Committee could only be described as dysfunctional. I don't think that any of the silly decisions that have been made can be blamed on either Handicapper.(sorry Tim!).

If you think that the Handicapper has had any influence on the direction or decisions you are wrong, but hearing this won't suit your agenda so you won't accept it

As a disclaimer, I am no friend of the Handicappers and haven't spoken to him in over 3 years

Mikie

Edited by Mikie
keeping up to date with Stable's rantings

5 hours ago, Mikie said:

I don't think that I raised any general statements other than my comments about people being reluctant to join the Committee. The rest of my post , I thought, was about your original post which was running 2 meetings on the same night. 

On 11/24/2019 at 3:43 PM, eljay said:

this coming Friday Addington are running a meeting in direct competition to the first night of Interdom heats

Nothing about general run of the mill meetings on the same night

I am not interested as to whether you are talking or not talking to the handicapper, all I am interested in is changing a handicapping system that is forcing owners to sell promising horses to Australia or the States.It is not possible to race them here due to an oppressive system that penalises young talented horses that happen to win one or two races early in their careers. If you are right and Mark Purdon is added to this "dysfunctonal" structure then we will be stepping even further into the mire. His knowledge of the difficulties imposed on horses that are not in the superstar category would be minimal

Dear Stables

I think the present handicapping system is hopeless

i am pointing out that you are blaming the wrong people

I stated that Licenceholders were on the Handicapping Sub-committee, you said that was “absolute rubbish” and asked me to name them which I did

Man up, you had no idea who was on the Handicapping Sub-committee did you?

Mikie

3 hours ago, tim vince said:

There is a hand8capping sub committee that makes all the decisions on handicapping.i think

That’s right Tim

My understanding is that it’s completely dysfunctional with the Chairman who is, or was,  KB bullying JB and PL into submission in the days leading up to a meeting

Mikie

Dear Lloyd

I can understand why people join, then leave the Site

Are you so desperate to get the last word in that you feel the need to focus not on a spelling error, but an obvious typo?

FFS, I agreed with you about NZMTC racing on the ID night. Imagine if I had the temerity to disagree with you

Mikie

Yeh now see Mikie, I been reading through this thread, and I've noted a few things; firstly your original reply to Eljay was fairly brusque to say the least, and you were mistaken in what he said; 'I have not had time to sift through all the points you have raised' is what was actually said and no that doesn't constitute Eljay didn't read your post properly; your posts since still carry that edge, would suggest you lighten/loosen up and perhaps you may find it alot more enjoyable :rcfe-money: and as to why people leave this site, dude posters come and go, its just how it goes, mostly in here everyone pretty much minds their manners, and personally don't think you need to be punctuatin your posts with trite little quips like 'boomer'.....come on now we all adults in here, chill and enjoy! besides the Inters start this Fri, and I for one plan to be front and centre, oh yehhhhh :rcfe-like:

Cheers Iraklis

Dear Iraklis

Surely “I have not had time to sift through your points” is in the same realm as “not having read it properly”

I may have been brusque in your view. To me I was merely making the observation that it is no use debating with someone whose opening gambit, excluding their initial statement, is that they don’t have time to sift through someone else’s post

Mikie

Like I said Mikie, slow yuh roll right, did it occur to you that Eljay may have been workin at the time of reading your vast post, as he did start with 'wow a lot there and I have not had time to sift through all the points you have raised' that suggests someone very busy, doesn't mean he didn't read it properly at all, Lawyers and officials of all kinds sift through information at great rates to glean what they need, it's called speed readin!

Lastly I believe Eljay made a statement in his first post and thus encouraged a discussion, but, as you state you are in agreeance with him anyway then what is to debate? just sayin.....

Cheers Iraklis

Iraklis

What was to debate was a possible solution

However Lloyd seems to be happy with 2 Clubs racing on the same night unless it is an ID night. It appears from his reply that diverging into a wider discussion on the merits and alternatives to racing on the same night is straying too far from his original post and therefore I’m guilty of introducing a completely new topic.

In future if I’m in “agreeance” I just won’t post. 

Mikie

Oh come on guys get out your dictionaries, look it up, you'll find it! and yes it is actually a word, perhaps not used as much now but is appropriate in certain contexts: 'agreeance. Noun. (uncountable) (obsolete) A state whereby two parties share a view or opinion; agreement'. :rcfe-money: you hear it more in council or legal meetings.....

Mikie, that is entirely your choice to post or not to post if and when in agreeance or not.....

Cheers Iraklis

24 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Iraklis

What was to debate was a possible solution

However Lloyd seems to be happy with 2 Clubs racing on the same night unless it is an ID night. It appears from his reply that diverging into a wider discussion on the merits and alternatives to racing on the same night is straying too far from his original post and therefore I’m guilty of introducing a completely new topic.

In future if I’m in “agreeance” I just won’t post. 

Mikie

Easy Mikie - start a new thread.

On 11/25/2019 at 12:10 PM, JJ Flash said:

His reply/answer makes perfect sense to me, perhaps you are trying to shoot the messenger rather than listen to the answer. Globally ,Gross betting revenue is the key metric where F/O are offered.

Greg

Glad it makes perfect sense to you mate. His response does make sense, but the fact remains he did not answer my questions. 

My point (which perhaps you have missed) was turnover figures (both tote and FF) were once published weekly, but not anymore. 

He'd make a good politician that gentleman. 

On 11/11/2018 at 3:30 PM, Sickopunter said:

On 11/26/2019 at 6:33 PM, Iraklis said:

Yeh now see Mikie, I been reading through this thread, and I've noted a few things; firstly your original reply to Eljay was fairly brusque to say the least, and you were mistaken in what he said; 'I have not had time to sift through all the points you have raised' is what was actually said and no that doesn't constitute Eljay didn't read your post properly; your posts since still carry that edge, would suggest you lighten/loosen up and perhaps you may find it alot more enjoyable :rcfe-money: and as to why people leave this site, dude posters come and go, its just how it goes, mostly in here everyone pretty much minds their manners, and personally don't think you need to be punctuatin your posts with trite little quips like 'boomer'.....come on now we all adults in here, chill and enjoy! besides the Inters start this Fri, and I for one plan to be front and centre, oh yehhhhh :rcfe-like:

Cheers Iraklis