ivanthegreat

B.P's BIG DAY AT PUKEKOHE

38 posts in this topic

ON THE PUNTERS LOUNGE BP OUR RESIDENT NORTHERN TIPSTER HAD THE FOLLOWING SELECTIONS BY RACE.

RACE 1   7 , 1 , 6 , 3

RACE 2   7 , 3 , 9 , 1 

RACE 3   1 , 5 , 3 , 7

RACE 4   4 , 2 , 1 , 11

RACE 5   3 , 1 , 5 , 7

RACE 6  10 , 11 ,4 , 5

RACE 7   3 , 1 , 4 , 5

SO HOW WOULD WE GET ON IF WE FOLLOWED THIS ADVISE. ( NOTE THERE WERE ONLY THE 7 BRACES COVERED )

WE WILL PUT $100 TO WIN ON THE FIRST PICK , $100 A PLACE ON ALL 4 RUNNERS IN EACH RACE , ALONG WITH $1 BOXED ,  QUINELLA  , TRIFECTA AND FIRST FOUR WHICH IS $554 PER RACE.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GOT THE OTHER PICKS OFF THE TAB WEB SITE........... AS FOLLOWS

 

ON THE PUNTERS LOUNGE BP OUR RESIDENT NORTHERN TIPSTER HAD THE FOLLOWING SELECTIONS BY RACE.

RACE 1   7 , 1 , 6 , 3

RACE 2   7 , 3 , 9 , 1 

RACE 3   1 , 5 , 3 , 7

RACE 4   4 , 2 , 1 , 11

RACE 5    3 , 1 , 5 , 7

RACE 6    2 , 7 , 14 ,13

RACE 7    10 , 11 ,4 , 5

RACE 8    3 , 1 , 4 , 5

RACE 9   20 , 21 , 11 , 5

 

SO HOW WOULD WE GET ON IF WE FOLLOWED THIS ADVISE. ( NOTE THERE WERE ONLY THE 7 BRACES COVERED )

WE WILL PUT $100 TO WIN ON THE FIRST PICK , $100 A PLACE ON ALL 4 RUNNERS IN EACH RACE , ALONG WITH $1 BOXED ,  QUINELLA  , TRIFECTA AND FIRST FOUR WHICH IS $554 PER RACE.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                                                                                  RESULTS

 

ON THE PUNTERS LOUNGE BP OUR RESIDENT NORTHERN TIPSTER HAD THE FOLLOWING SELECTIONS BY RACE.

RACE 1   7 , 1 , 6 , 3       $2.10 + $1.30 = $340/$554 = LOSS $214

RACE 2   7 , 2 , 9 , 1       $1.60 = $160/ $554 = LOSS $394

RACE 3   1 , 5 , 3 , 7       $1.60 + $350 = $510/$554  = LOSS $44.00

RACE 4   4 , 2 , 1 , 11     $1.30 = $130/$554 = LOSS $424

RACE 5    3 , 1 , 5 , 7         $1.40 + $1.80 = $320/$554 = LOSS $234

RACE 6    2 , 7 , 14 ,13      $2.00 + $2.90 + QUIN $20.50 = $510.50 = $510.50/$554 = LOSS $43.5

RACE 7    10 , 11 ,4 , 5       = LOSS $554

RACE 8    3 , 1 , 4 , 5           = LOSS $554 

RACE 9   20 , 21 , 11 , 5   $1.80 +$1.30 + $2.00 = $510/$554 = LOSS $44

 

ONE FIRST PICK WON ...............NETT LOSS  $2505.50

 

WE  PUT $100 TO WIN ON THE FIRST PICK , $100 A PLACE ON ALL 4 RUNNERS IN EACH RACE , ALONG WITH $1 BOXED ,  QUINELLA  , TRIFECTA AND FIRST FOUR WHICH IS $554 PER RACE.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

                                                                                                  RESULTS

 

ON THE PUNTERS LOUNGE BP OUR RESIDENT NORTHERN TIPSTER HAD THE FOLLOWING SELECTIONS BY RACE.

RACE 1   7 , 1 , 6 , 3       $2.10 + $1.30 = $340/$554 = LOSS $214

RACE 2   7 , 2 , 9 , 1       $1.60 = $160/ $554 = LOSS $394

RACE 3   1 , 5 , 3 , 7       $1.60 + $350 = $510/$554  = LOSS $44.00

RACE 4   4 , 2 , 1 , 11     $1.30 = $130/$554 = LOSS $424

RACE 5    3 , 1 , 5 , 7         $1.40 + $1.80 = $320/$554 = LOSS $234

RACE 6    2 , 7 , 14 ,13      $2.00 + $2.90 + QUIN $20.50 = $510.50 = $510.50/$554 = LOSS $43.5

RACE 7    10 , 11 ,4 , 5       = LOSS $554

RACE 8    3 , 1 , 4 , 5           = LOSS $554 

RACE 9   20 , 21 , 11 , 5   $1.80 +$1.30 + $2.00 = $510/$554 = LOSS $44

 

ONE FIRST PICK WON ...............NETT LOSS  $2505.50

 

WE  PUT $100 TO WIN ON THE FIRST PICK , $100 A PLACE ON ALL 4 RUNNERS IN EACH RACE , ALONG WITH $1 BOXED ,  QUINELLA  , TRIFECTA AND FIRST FOUR WHICH IS $554 PER RACE.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They try their best , everyone has there favorites I suppose . I really only listen to Steve Davies,   The Dufficy and the people on Get On  . I did used to like Luke Radich . He talks sense .

That's a poor performance today , 1.80 winner , we all have bad days at the office  I  suppose The reality is anyone who takes a decent interest in form , stable news , riding engagements etc etc  usually has their own ways of punting and most punters  no better or no worse than the tipsters on TV bar a few standouts tipsters and punters  .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

             

 

45 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

He’s only doing his job, and no Trackside presenter is ever going to get it consistently right, they’ll have the odd good day but like every other punter they’ll have far more bad days than good so I can’t quite see the point in this thread.

 

Cheers ,  Here's to mediocrity ............... we live in a results orientated world , how do you measure tipster performance ?

            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pukekohe today.  My gripe is always a bit different.  In the last race Swords Drawn was balloted out #4 on the ballot.  This was a very much in form horse as the tote showed; he started 5 to 4 on favourite.  Once upon a time the Club's ballot committee would decide which horses would be balloted out.  In those long ago days there is no way they would have had a horse like that at #4 on he ballot.  If he was going start at $20 that is understandable, but "odds on"!!!  The second horse was #5 on the ballot, but he ran much better than his form had disclosed, and his odds accordingly.

Swords Drawn won paying $1.80 to win.  Whoever did the ballot on that race knows a hell of a lot more about tramping in the Tararua Ranges than they know about horse racing.  But, when we give that job to mountaineers from Petone, we get a ballot like we saw.  It would have been a travesty if such a good looking up and coming racehorse was denied a start today.  The ballot is decided from the ratings. 

There are some rare times in life when one must grab a cup of coffee, a writing pad and a pen and say;

"The ratings make this look stupid."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Pukekohe today.  My gripe is always a bit different.  In the last race Swords Drawn was balloted out #4 on the ballot.  This was a very much in form horse as the tote showed; he started 5 to 4 on favourite.  Once upon a time the Club's ballot committee would decide which horses would be balloted out.  In those long ago days there is no way they would have had a horse like that at #4 on he ballot.  If he was going start at $20 that is understandable, but "odds on"!!!  The second horse was #5 on the ballot, but he ran much better than his form had disclosed, and his odds accordingly.

Swords Drawn won paying $1.80 to win.  Whoever did the ballot on that race knows a hell of a lot more about tramping in the Tararua Ranges than they know about horse racing.  But, when we give that job to mountaineers from Petone, we get a ballot like we saw.  It would have been a travesty if such a good looking up and coming racehorse was denied a start today.  The ballot is decided from the ratings. 

There are some rare times in life when one must grab a cup of coffee, a writing pad and a pen and say;

"The ratings make this look stupid."

It was a rating 65 horse  racing out of its grade so what do you expect t when it’s one of the lowest rated horses in the field ? It’s formline is irrelevant. Your suggestion of a clubs committee would be open to the looking after your mates syndrome and doing favours etc no thanks .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, poundforpound said:

He’s only doing his job, and no Trackside presenter is ever going to get it consistently right, they’ll have the odd good day but like every other punter they’ll have far more bad days than good so I can’t quite see the point in this thread.

 

The problem that you have is these blokes only talk about betting and the merits of bets and their so called tipping prowess. If you sell the program on betting, then you'd like to capture your audience because you're good at that. They're not so they should keep away from it and concentrate on the horse. If you market placing bets on tips given by so called experts, and in 28 chances you only get 14 in the frame, and this has been a norm, then stop it. Sell the program on the horse, breeding, people and the love of the animal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Berri said:

The problem that you have is these blokes only talk about betting and the merits of bets and their so called tipping prowess. If you sell the program on betting, then you'd like to capture your audience because you're good at that. They're not so they should keep away from it and concentrate on the horse. If you market placing bets on tips given by so called experts, and in 28 chances you only get 14 in the frame, and this has been a norm, then stop it. Sell the program on the horse, breeding, people and the love of the animal. 

Sort of agree......but if it’s magazine style warm fuzzies as described by you where does the revenue driver come from ?

From a tipping perspective NZ Trackside is no different to other racing jurisdictions is it ?

Anyway you should be doing your own homework if you’re punting ......then you only have yourself to blame if you lose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

             

 

Cheers ,  Here's to mediocrity ............... we live in a results orientated world , how do you measure tipster performance ?

         Just out of curiosity, how well did santas picks go now that they are back until xmas across all codes.A single pick per race, easy peasy for all punters  , new and old and has had good results historically

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, poundforpound said:

He’s only doing his job, and no Trackside presenter is ever going to get it consistently right, they’ll have the odd good day but like every other punter they’ll have far more bad days than good so I can’t quite see the point in this thread.

 

Correct. If you think BP is bad I suggest you NEVER listen to J Chapman tips in HKG. And she would be paid mega multiples more than BP. IMHO

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to these guys they have to pick 4 horses in every race even if they don’t like the race.The Get On programme from Aussie do it best .They talk about each race but only tip one if they think it’s worth a bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, how many of us would bet in every race on a programme and hope to do well? Some of those rating 65 or early 3 yo maiden races are just.....impossible. And even with the exposed form something like Yearn comes out and pays $10. 

But I suppose the format of the job means you cannot say 'look, this race is a minefield, keep your money in your pocket!'

Interesting discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Let's be honest, how many of us would bet in every race on a programme and hope to do well? Some of those rating 65 or early 3 yo maiden races are just.....impossible. And even with the exposed form something like Yearn comes out and pays $10. 

But I suppose the format of the job means you cannot say 'look, this race is a minefield, keep your money in your pocket!'

Interesting discussion. 

 

They got to fill time I know but it's the bullshit they come out with , mapping this  and that.  , presents well this and that . In old days you look at field ,  go right that horse a front runner , that comes  with late rattle . How will draw/track  suit . Now every horse has to get mapped in a exact science in order .They no better selecting than most of us but fair credit to people that earn a living out of their hobby , good on them.

When I head to races I sometimes after meeting  go threw the selections grid , it's reassures me they are just as hopeless as me . Cheers me up no end  after a poor day , misery loves company .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Selecting every race every day is not easy and BP has been in pretty good form from memory.

One day in isolation is pretty tough and it probably wasn't the easiest of days at Counties.

Best Bets had two selectors picking on the day with four selections in each race :

R1  One had Justamiz as 4th selection

R2  One had Magnum as 4th selection

R3   Neither had Unition

R4   Neither had Raposa Rapida

R5    One had Yearn as 4th selection.

R6   One had Familia first selection

R7   One had In A Twinkling as 4th selection

R8   Neither had It's Destinys Child

R9   One had Sword's Drawn as 2nd selection

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

But I suppose the format of the job means you cannot say 'look, this race is a minefield, keep your money in your pocket!'

Their job is to encourage betting, so more often we hear

“so if you like one, get into it.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isnt the best way to encourage betting or ‘having a play’ or ‘playing into’ to show the viewer you can back up the talk with some results?   Not getting at BP he does a good job generally, even the great Lance Osullivan calls himself the worlds worst tipster so what chance do others have  :rcf-thinking:The best approach is to break down the field and stay out of labelling one unless your confident, and BP does a good job at this.... and if you didnt back Peace train yesterday you need to start paying more attention , these results show that with some invested time you can improve your chances in a sport of many variables. BP will probably pick the card on Wednesday at Rotorua :rcfe-like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Sort of agree......but if it’s magazine style warm fuzzies as described by you where does the revenue driver come from ?

From a tipping perspective NZ Trackside is no different to other racing jurisdictions is it ?

Anyway you should be doing your own homework if you’re punting ......then you only have yourself to blame if you lose 

We've seen racing's fortunes go down the gurgler in slow motion and the arrest is not in sight. One thing in common is that the television (or computer) is the shop front window for the sport. Universally the horse is referred to as the "product" and that betting has taken centre stage. Is there something wrong with my brain, or you tell me, if something doesn't work, aren't you meant to fix it? If this attitude of using the "product" in a particular way to sell betting isn't working, wouldn't you change it? 

The racing industry is all about the horse and the people associated with it, with the owner being King Kong. My memory is slowing becoming toast and in the yesteryear I knew the pedigree, breeding and colours of all the horses racing. My brain was sort of able to imagine the matrix of which horses matched which horses. The reason I got this is that I worked in a stable, or did the barriers, or went to the races, or owned a number, and that provided me with continuous imports of data which made me remember horses enough to maintain an interest. There was also an emphasis on who bred them and owned them, and these data entries helped me remember. Every little bit of info is another chance of prompting my memory to remember a particular horse. The expression familiarisation comes to mind.

Now we've lost all of that. Don't even have the owners in the TAB race card. The drone of monotone syllables and sentences with no passion, talking about betting and some weird interpretation on race form is not capturing my  imagination or interest.

I don't get why nobody doesn't get that. Maybe I should be committing myself to some sort of health clinic while the industry continues to make a success of itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trackside TV presenters invariably put the race favourite top of their selections.Give or take favourites win 35% of WFA or fixed weight races and 25% of handicaps. Little wonder they have trouble picking winners just like the rest of us! Another batch of stats: About 20% of winners win their next start. About 16% of second placers win their next start. About 12% of third placers win their next start. These stats exclude first starters of course.Stats don’t lie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now