RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

B.P's BIG DAY AT PUKEKOHE

Useful comments all round............ In explanation I was reacting to the Trotting CUP Day programme that covered the whole day during which Mick G did his usual talk over everyone talk all day in a thoroughly condescending fashion act once more together with Greg O'C and the Whale. The fact that Mick with $100 to spend on 12 races only " jagged " 2 favorites and a couple of $1.30 / $1.80 places after all his hyperbole frankly annoyed me.

I tabled several TFC programmes and they were shocking as well , so I just decided to cover Pukekohe in detail. I can assure you most racedays are the same.

Maybe these presenters should be licenced like stock brockers ?

Although the TAB are clearly overjoyed when we are all misdirected.

7 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Useful comments all round............ In explanation I was reacting to the Trotting CUP Day programme that covered the whole day during which Mick G did his usual talk over everyone talk all day in a thoroughly condescending fashion act once more together with Greg O'C and the Whale. The fact that Mick with $100 to spend on 12 races only " jagged " 2 favorites and a couple of $1.30 / $1.80 places after all his hyperbole frankly annoyed me.

I tabled several TFC programmes and they were shocking as well , so I just decided to cover Pukekohe in detail. I can assure you most racedays are the same.

Maybe these presenters should be licenced like stock brockers ?

Although the TAB are clearly overjoyed when we are all misdirected.

Ive seen a few of the Sharks picks during the money back scheme that made me feel like  the Shark was a guppy :rcf-sad-1:  If anyone spends enough time studying they may not find winners but certainly will those that shouldnt :rcf-shocked-3:

What those picks miss in my view is the need for value, partly a function of selecting for every race. If you had say six bets on a Saturday and 50% come in then you need your win or place return to cover your costs once all bets are accounted for. 

So yes, MB to win livamol is a given but 1.80 returns won't get you into the black. But the second horse in that race paid I think 3 to place and that is your value if you can snag it. 

As someone else said....selecting and picking for the punt almost two different things. 

On 11/27/2019 at 6:17 AM, Houlahan's Dream said:

What those picks miss in my view is the need for value, partly a function of selecting for every race. If you had say six bets on a Saturday and 50% come in then you need your win or place return to cover your costs once all bets are accounted for. 

So yes, MB to win livamol is a given but 1.80 returns won't get you into the black. But the second horse in that race paid I think 3 to place and that is your value if you can snag it. 

As someone else said....selecting and picking for the punt almost two different things. 

A couple of months ago Ben Asgari the 'analyser' on racing .com was lauded far and wide for picking 8 out of 9 at mooney valley BUT his recommended punting stategy chasing 'value' meant that he only backed ONE winner..... go figure

'You know the odds, now beat them ' used to be the call but if we're trying to pick a winner in every race on the card we might as well be pushing the proverbial uphill as the odds are way against us. I recall a fairly well heeled guy , early 70s made $700 off a Brian Smith runner in the first at Te Rapa with a $100 bet, fairly handsome for the day. I thought it was a fortune, but he actually ended the day $700 down. It's all risk and reward.

Would you really follow every trainer interview? I mean REALLY ??? No trainer ever says his horse hasn't got a show or is just there to run around. Every horse mentioned has "been working well."  In many cases that is the truth but by the same token longshots do come in. I personally put little credence in those interviews but it's all part and parcel of the TV coverage.

No , I wouldn't follow every trainer interview . Only a fool would . I am not looking for tips or advice. I do listen and watch and work it out for myself .  I do like listening to what a trainer of a horse I am interested in says , and what they don't say .  I only wished to thank BP for interviewing the trainers of the horses I was interested in.  I found it helpful .