RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

Interim CEO to be appointed ...

If it’s good enough for Aust to appoint a kiwi to run Rugby Australia and also a kiwi to “Coach” the Wallabies, then an Aussie to run NZ Racing is a fair swap huh? After all, compare the state of racing in Oz with NZ racing! A million $ race, The Gong, at a country meeting in NSW this weekend! 

Reading their statement of intent they are planning to "save" 10% on staff costs this year.  $55m vs $61m last year.  I guess there is a cleanout going on.  Usually these SOI's are a big set of future promises that hardly eventuate, so when they say they'll increase profits this year by~$30m then you know that they'll be lucky to get half that.  As if!  When have they ever successfully delivered $30m more?  Liars.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:47 PM, LightsOut said:

this week, $1.01 it will be another Australian and only money back the NZRB will be outsourced. That's a moral. 

I obviously missed who was appointed last week, can you enlighten us Lights Out

Greg

I obviously missed who was appointed last week, can you enlighten us Lights Out

An Australian connected to an online  Corporate betting Company was the word from Australia. I got told last Wednesday so thinking a pleb like me would get that info before reading about it in NZ I thought in 24 hours it must come out but obviously I gave the NZRB too much credit. I think we can all agree they are not that quick in releasing relevant Information to the Industry.  

2 hours ago, LightsOut said:

Not much change like i say when a pleb is getting the info before its released to the Industry.,

Your the one making all the claims, albeit you were wrong in this instance re appointment time frame.

Greg

Well at least it's only the date that I got it wrong regarding the latest CEO unlike the NZRB over the last ten or so years who got it wrong regarding the people appointed to take up the actual role.

Maybe I didn't get the appointment time frame actually wrong maybe it's just the fact that as usual the NZ racing Industry doesn't exactly get kept up to date with what is exactly going on. If anyone disagrees with that they obviously (unlike myself) feel that the NZRB and now RITA are totally transparent when dealing with the NZ Racing Industry :rcf-thinking:

There is no info??? Can you name who has been appointed???

The info was that it is an Australian who works for a Corporate Betting Company. The actual naming will be done by RITA when they get around to doing it. I didn't get given the name and I didn't ask if the person knew as it would mean nothing to me. He said it should be announced in 24 hours but remember he is an Australian and that's one thing they do better in Aussie eg release info early on situations like this so understandable I guess the timing was out.

1 hour ago, LightsOut said:

The info was that it is an Australian who works for a Corporate Betting Company. The actual naming will be done by RITA when they get around to doing it. I didn't get given the name and I didn't ask if the person knew as it would mean nothing to me. He said it should be announced in 24 hours but remember he is an Australian and that's one thing they do better in Aussie eg release info early on situations like this so understandable I guess the timing was out.

My info is no one has even been appointed yet...maybe you should check your source.

I'm only a punter so the politics of racing is not something I want to get into but what would be  wrong with someone like Micheal Dore perhaps his knowledge and experiance on racing and TAB is something they are not looking for ,but as I say I'm only a punter, Cheers BH

51 minutes ago, Patiti said:

Why wouldn't they simply appoint internally if they need an interim CEO.

Surely one of the current leadership team could step in.

You are kidding. The reason for RITA has been the overinflated under performing RBNZ management group. Have a look at the historical cost blow outs in recent times.

Im picking they will employ a cost reduction change management type with gambling experience. At least that's what they should be doing , putting their own house in order so to speak.

Greg

15 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

I'm only a punter so the politics of racing is not something I want to get into but what would be  wrong with someone like Micheal Dore perhaps his knowledge and experiance on racing and TAB is something they are not looking for ,but as I say I'm only a punter, Cheers BH

Too much knowledge. I think the outsiders in all the top jobs get embarrassed by others who know much more than them. They will go with "the tried and true" approach of appointing someone who knows nothing about NZ Racing.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Too much knowledge. I think the outsiders in all the top jobs get embarrassed by others who know much more than them. They will go with "the tried and true" approach of appointing someone who knows nothing about NZ Racing.

Historically you may be on the mark. Somehow i think this board will ensure no repeat of previous disasters so lets wait and see. i might add that i would say its not the most enticing job to apply for given what they are inheriting :rcf-injured:

Greg

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Historically you may be on the mark. Somehow i think this board will ensure no repeat of previous disasters so lets wait and see. i might add that i would say its not the most enticing job to apply for given what they are inheriting :rcf-injured:

Greg

You do have to question the intelligence of anyone who would seek and accept such a thankless job.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, Charlie Bukowski said:

Can't McKenzie just do it....

Saving $2,000,000 over 3 years...

He would probably be the best candidate by a mile but dual CEO and Chairs are very rare in NZ Still who knows it might be a goer in the short term.

As long as its not another Ozzie reject .

Greg

My info is no one has even been appointed yet...maybe you should check your source.

About 15 years ago one of the best ever racing administrators in Australasia was 'appointed' by the Board of the NZ TAB as it's CEO. If he hadn't been locked in a room by an Australian State Racing Board until he accepted the role as their CEO I have no doubt the Industry here would be in a far stronger financial position today had he crossed the ditch as he well intended to do until made to change his mind.

I heard the same line back then from people in the Industry here who thought they had the correct info that no one had been appointed when told they were wrong. The same Australian source back then was 100% on the mark so I'm not concerned about checking the validity of it.  

Re-boot your satellite dish your source of info and mine are obviously way out of kilter.

1 hour ago, LightsOut said:

About 15 years ago one of the best ever racing administrators in Australasia was 'appointed' by the Board of the NZ TAB as it's CEO. If he hadn't been locked in a room by an Australian State Racing Board until he accepted the role as their CEO I have no doubt the Industry here would be in a far stronger financial position today had he crossed the ditch as he well intended to do until made to change his mind.

I heard the same line back then from people in the Industry here who thought they had the correct info that no one had been appointed when told they were wrong. The same Australian source back then was 100% on the mark so I'm not concerned about checking the validity of it.  

Re-boot your satellite dish your source of info and mine are obviously way out of kilter.

Well I KNOW that nobody has been appointed if you KNOW one has lets hear his name...

Well 'hello' obviously it's all innuendo until the actual person is named publicly.  Innuendo is termed as meaning a hint eg based in Australia and currently working for a Corporate wagering Company. That innuendo is based on partial information i had to substantiate my hint. Innuendo is not based on actual fact and how one perceives to determine it's worth as to considering or not is up to the individual.   

George W Bush made an innuendo based on his information which was ultimately proven to have no substance so not all are finally proven correct but I will be surprised if my info was wrong.

With regard to the date I did say he would be appointed a week ago.  Boards sometimes inform a new CEO he has been appointed and then advise shareholders or staff at a later date so technically re he was appointed a week ago may well be the actual case.  

I posted above I didn't get the name and didn't ask for it as it would have meant nothing to me. Oh well I will bow to your superior inside information say I am wrong and look forward to seeing the new CEO who isn't Australian and also doesn't work for an Australian Corporate wagering Company.