RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Blossom Lady

Tough times at Karaka

10 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Looking at top end the breeders  / pinhookers in that area of market will be looking closely how the political situation in HK plays out . Those HK buyers must be quite confident it will settle down. 

HK buyers certainly have more confidence than the Kiwi's.

Once they have sold off all the land, sold the TAB ,alienated the punter(still more to do in that area)excluded the people that are actually interested in racing/training/breeding a horse the whole game will be fixed and all of a sudden the persons that weren't interested in horse racing or breeding or buying a horse they all of a sudden become interested in horses and they go to the sales and purchase a horse and start punting,no more pass ins at that sales after that and the Australians return in droves buying our product ,everything sorted ...it'll happen in front of your very eyes like magic! 

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Perhaps I should have said a notable lack of confidence from Kiwi buyers.

Sadly one couldn’t have expected anything different, given the state of our racing and the extremely slow pace of RITA. 
Of course it’s not necessarily their fault (RITA’s) given what they have inherited. 
I blame that fairly and squarely on the previous management and the Board made up of mainly National Party lackeys’. 

The lack of a weekly Racing Publication in New Zealand since the demise of the trusty ole Friday Flash which catered for all in the wider community, not just those in the industry at the coalface, has had a bigger impact on racing than some realise.

The replacement weekly publication wasn't as attractive, nor did it have the brand name association to racing that people recognized to buy with those who had a casual or general interest in racing, including horse sales - people outside of racing knew they were on & were welcome.

Remember the Blue & Yellow logo & colour on the front cover page of the Friday Flash?

It stood out on newspaper stands.

One always knew that the Friday Flash was available in diaries, petrol stations, airport bookshop for those traveling through, & supermarkets not just the TAB.

To attract people to racing, including horse sales, one has to look outside the square.

There's been a tragic & sad snowball effect on racing in NZ since the demise of the Friday Flash in the mid 2000's which came about from disruptive behaviour by people who have too much time on their hands.

Horse racing networks internationally have not been the same since.

One knew our weekly bible had a bit of everything to bond the community.

Horse sales are down as a "consequence" due to the Snowball effect of acts that should never ever have happened that some should be very ashamed of having done to people innocently going about their lives.

Just now, meomy said:

The lack of a weekly Racing Publication in New Zealand since the demise of the trusty ole Friday Flash which catered for all in the wider community, not just those in the industry at the coalface, has had a bigger impact on racing than some realise.

The replacement weekly publication wasn't as attractive, nor did it have the brand name association to racing that people recognized to buy with those who had a casual or general interest in racing, including horse sales - people outside of racing knew they were on & were welcome.

Remember the Blue & Yellow logo & colour on the front cover page of the Friday Flash?

It stood out on newspaper stands.

One always knew that the Friday Flash was available in diaries, petrol stations, airport bookshop for those traveling through, & supermarkets not just the TAB.

To attract people to racing, including horse sales, one has to look outside the square.

There's been a tragic & sad snowball effect on racing in NZ since the demise of the Friday Flash in the mid 2000's which came about from disruptive behaviour by people who have too much time on their hands.

Horse racing networks internationally have not been the same since.

One knew our weekly bible had a bit of everything to bond the community.

Horse sales are down as a "consequence" due to the Snowball effect of acts that should never ever have happened that some should be very ashamed of having done to people innocently going about their lives.

Some good points there Meomy - But from what I've seen from the working class people (which includes myself) and their perception of the racing industry there are many more problems holding us back - some of the problems our own doing and some out of our control - 

EXAMPLES - Many Generation Y people have had limited to NO exposure to horse racing - more so if their parents weren't horse racing followers/owners.

Jockeys/trainers behaving badly ( Drugs/ sex scandals/ groping in public etc) doesn't help the cause.

Dodgy Trainers selling on dodgy/f.cked horses and/or over inflated sale prices (via Kickbacks etc) for the sake of hiking the price payable to enter a syndicate.

So you could say some participants have "Shit in the nest" 

SOCIETY PROBLEMS AFFECTING THE INDUSTRY - EXAMPLES

People struggling the either pay the rent, save deposit for a house or if they are lucky enough to be paying a mortgage  - on top of rising food/power/fuel and living costs - Makes racehorse ownership the last thing they will be thinking about.

I wish I had the answers to make the industry thrive, so as many people as possible could experience the thrill of having their horse cross the winning line first - but hard to see a radical change happening with our small population and how we have already lost at least two generations of owners/punters.

How great would that be, parade ring coverage, prelims all shown beforehand, the wrap up afterwards.  Instead now we have to cut away the minute the race finishes to another venue.   Take a leaf out of the like of racing.com coverage.   

Reality for me these days, unless I am on course, I am more likely to bet on AUS racing thanks to the like of racing.com free coverage which includes the things I mentioned earlier.