RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

trot races show day

Only asking the question  why 5 trotting races show day ? I know its dominion day and perhaps 2 other trots  but near half!!! My group only bet on pacers as the squaregaiters more unreliable (see stipes reports) although did have a good bet on the amazing Oscar (:rcf-sad-5: 

I've not done the stats but it seems to me that we are are getting more higher rated trotters than pacers available to fill fields. The proportion of trotters being bred is increasing and fewer of them get sold overseas. You only have to look at the typical Auckland fields to see the new norm. It does add another dimension for punters - as a long time trotting owner I would have said Oscar, while highly talented, was not a good value bet. He had little experience against that class of horses and starting amongst the field, not out the back by himself.

Perhaps a sign of the times (aargh) with horse numbers dwindling (or should that be tumbling) with many pacers supposedly unable to back up the same week (an ever used excuse from trainers/drivers to the stipes) .    Now that Aussie are showing greater interest in our trotters than before these numbers will also dwindle makedly over the next 5 years or so to the extent that 12 race cards will be a forgotten legacy of the past.