RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Wood

Interviewer?

I just watched the interview that was conducted with Clayton Chipperfield obviously a day or two out from Raceday.

The questions that were asked were so left field, does this Kate lady have any understanding of the racing industry?
I felt embarrassed for Clayton, surely there must be someone out there that has basic racing knowledge, that can ask the relevant questions!

kate gourdie has extensive knowledge of what counts in racing e.g fashion in the feilds ,facinators,champagne lawn ,whips and spurs ,te akau...mind you chris ,the utterly inane things that come out of rodley's mouth when talking to your peers is on a par with miss gourdie ....mark claydon would do a good job ,but he aint as pretty as kate ..sorry claydo ...and you know what mark rozzo would also be a good choice ,but same as claydo .

19 minutes ago, Chris Wood said:

I just watched the interview that was conducted with Clayton Chipperfield obviously a day or two out from Raceday.

The questions that were asked were so left field, does this Kate lady have any understanding of the racing industry?
I felt embarrassed for Clayton, surely there must be someone out there that has basic racing knowledge, that can ask the relevant questions!

No is the short answer Chris.....just fluff.

1 hour ago, Chris Wood said:

The interview made me cringe, no basic racing knowledge, irrelevant questions, who appoints these people?

Agree. However the other extreme is Bevan Sweeney. His questions are just answers and trainers are too polite to disagree. TV viewers want information FROM trainers and not just "Yes Bevan".

its pretty simple ,claydon is a knockabout bloke ,very well known and very knowledgable...the audience on tv and radio can tell straight away whether the host is legit or a tryhard...mark is one of the few who is genuine and not trying to suck up to others ,or trying to be everyones buddy......most of these on air tools seem to forget that the majority of the audience are racing people who know the business ,more than they do...yet they still talk rubbish or talk down to us.

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Being pretty doesn’t necessarily make for a good Interviewer. First prerequisite would have to be a intimate knowledge of Racing. Think Bruce McIvaney, he has no peers when it comes to sporting knowledge - including Horse Racing. 

Tell Channel 10....:rcfe-like:

6 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Chris, there is a bloke who is head and shoulders  above, based in Hong Kong!:rcfe-like:

6 hours ago, Trump said:

Being pretty doesn’t necessarily make for a good Interviewer. First prerequisite would have to be a intimate knowledge of Racing. Think Bruce McIvaney, he has no peers when it comes to sporting knowledge - including Horse Racing. 

Over the years the old saying its 'who' you know comes into play regarding racing presenters..most are probably on 100k a year.

When KFE first started she was embarrassing but ...goodlooking..same as um,er AR ..but they persevere and some eventually become..adequate.

Total cringe material unfortunately. I along with my mates just do what you have to turn it off but unfortunately that just adds to the reasons why the Racing Industry is failing big time. 

She was employed by inept people with regard to racing so can't really expect that much from her.

Someone posted the Industry needs younger people so that might be a start by replacing her with someone a lot younger.

Just viewed the interview below in question from Sky Sport News which seemed a typical normal interview we are accustomed to on mainstream TV.

No different to TV1 or TV3 coverage of the past for non-racing folk. Take it for what it is.

The 2 panelist's are hardly knowledgeable enthusiasts in the racing field either....are they?

I say any positive coverage we get in the media has got to be good for racing!

In saying that...if they appear on TAB Trackside...we're in trouble! :lol:

'A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do. "Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?" The blonde said "How about 50 dollars?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and other materials that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?" The man replied, "She should, she was standing on it." A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money. "You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats." Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. "And by the way," the blonde a dded, "it's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."

15 hours ago, poundforpound said:

I’ve had a message from Kate 

She’s hurt and I can see why. 

That interview wasn’t for racing people, it was oriented toward the wider community and hence the questions might not have been as racing focused as you’d ideally like

Be nice though team, everyone has feelings and Kate means well, and she’s good for racing 

Kate is a good sort , any coverage for the industry is good coverage 

Not a bad interview at all imho  for mainly non racing audience, generic as it should be , wouldn't pass on trackside but it's horses for courses  . Covered build up to big race etc . At least neither said horse would , eat the line , eat the distance or eat the opposition.  Craig Williams said Vow and Declare would eat the two miles after Caulfield , a good  call and comment , it now appears every bloody meeting someone on TV or commentator says a  horse gonna eat this and that . All I want a horse eating is their feed.

On 11/12/2019 at 9:28 AM, Red Rum said:

Not a bad interview at all imho  for mainly non racing audience, generic as it should be , wouldn't pass on trackside but it's horses for courses  . Covered build up to big race etc . At least neither said horse would , eat the line , eat the distance or eat the opposition.  Craig Williams said Vow and Declare would eat the two miles after Caulfield , a good  call and comment , it now appears every bloody meeting someone on TV or commentator says a  horse gonna eat this and that . All I want a horse eating is their feed.

Haha ... so true, and why do we copy everything the Aussies say or do. What's with this spruik thing now, they all get on board with it this horse has been heavily spruiked etc ...for god's sake just say it's been punted Rodley, Popplewell and Simon. Stop trying to be clever