RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Bryce Stanaway

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Last chance for Bryce to attract an Everest slotholder to bid for one of his speedsters tomorrow , running for the big bikkies in last at  Ballarat in Australia's worse race , 75k race , 799 starts in total  by field , nil wins .

Circa $680k won in prize money between them , averaging $850 per start , that's why they are still going around .

7 minutes ago, nomates said:

Circa $680k won in prize money between them , averaging $850 per start , that's why they are still going around .

We have open class horse's here in NZ that have struggled to win that amount of stake money ! 🙈 :rolleyes:

Australian Maiden Class 0 Wins = $115,658 AUDimage.png.7cdb60f85eb816ceb29f9e56896a8d38.png

I see Costano Mille started its current racing campaign on 27th October 2018 and has been racing every month since - so coming up to a “2 year campaign”! Perhaps the Owner/Trainer’s luck would change if he changed the poor mare’s name to “Iron Lady”? One things for sure, the trainer is giving new meaning to the phrase, “flogging a dead horse”.

9 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

We have open class horse's here in NZ that have struggled to win that amount of stake money ! 🙈 :rolleyes:

Australian Maiden Class 0 Wins = $115,658 AUDimage.png.7cdb60f85eb816ceb29f9e56896a8d38.png

That’s because very few horses in NZ (if any) get the chance to accumulate it by having over 110 starts!! 

Remember Not so 🤔

Many said over raced, pile of good wet runs  then produces a 1075 win  at Counties that rates sub 1.08 ... Allgrit  /Bad news .  Avondale pre Abandonement they ran a 32.1 last 600 😳.... your shittin me 🤠

6 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

He has three in that last race today......204 starts between them and not one win.......

He’s consistent I’ll give him that.......🙄

Didnt he train at the southern end of Pakiri beach just down the road from the handlebars down Neil Brady? Met his mother one day having smoko at Takapuna   beach said she mortgaged her house to defend in his court case on milkshaking 😔 Very nice Lady

One of his in the last is TAKAHE. It started racing in Vic in March 2019 and has raced (if you can call it that) continually since then, every month, and today will be having its “45th”start since March ‘19. Amazing. 

1 minute ago, Trump said:

One of his in the last is TAKAHE. It started racing in Vic in March 2019 and has raced (if you can call it that) continually since then, every month, and today will be having its “45th”start since March ‘19. Amazing. 

Only time it ever breaks out of a Canter is Raceday 😜

37 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Didnt he train at the southern end of Pakiri beach just down the road from the handlebars down Neil Brady? Met his mother one day having smoko at Takapuna   beach said she mortgaged her house to defend in his court case on milkshaking 😔 Very nice Lady

What ya smoking Gruff ?

Are you stuck on bridge between jobs ?

A rat a tat tat of jovial posts and you introduce Neil Brady of harness and rugby fame into a B Stanaway thread ......who's mother and who milk shaking?

3 x deep breaths and clarify ?

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Hanaki Warrior made debut March 2018 , 73 starts later he has not spelled , only one fresh up run ever and ran every month of year bar one month since then . His horses like an old footballer , just look after themselves . Picks up some money here and there to tick over and Costano 2nd in race last year . 

Compare them to Lethal , 1.025 million , 8 runs and 4k in bank. At this rate 2000 plus runs to recoup outlay , or Tennessee Rock, Go Racing 75k Karaka , 6 runs for them , nothing at all returned . Gavel house just over 1k resale and got the win for the hobby trainer today .

He must be some horseman Stanaway to keep these old pluggers going .

Goldchi trialed last week, 52 for 0 and 10 years old , he might be best battling maiden here in NZ , backed him once last year as quite liked it's form leading in but done me dough .

23 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Should have had a comp on this race...how you could back anything with confidence beats me.

I’ll have a go with Equinox, Amazing Grace, Superior Rose and Nievre my four......🙏

Pacific Crest , Amazing Grace , Neivre and Zoeesy 

4 hours ago, jeepers said:

Do you New Zealanders realise that most country races pay $550 for running tenth and many races don't have many more than this number per start. Not a bad way of scratching a living if one owns the horse.😃

Bernard S keeps telling us that it’s been a great move to pay all runners for going round, but I think there needs to be more discussion on this.

Perhaps coupled with restricting the entrants in better races (eg no maidens in open class races) it might be ok, but at the moment he seems preoccupied with field sizes at all cost, and I think a bit more refinement is required to avoid “paying for mediocrity”.

Other thoughts on this?

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

$20,000 first four RR.....what a bloody lottery that was. Bryce will be happy with Takahe 4th and Pacific Crest was steaming home about 6th...

Good on Bryce , yes Pacific Crest went home well after almost tailing off , almost an Arazi but not quite . Was it me or was that an awful commentary , I know it ain't easy but it was stilted and just average in end , disappointing for such an iconic race in world racing . FFS the comments bloke after said winner by Chinese stallion,  blimey they've been on the drink there today . Chilean stallion .

37 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Good on Bryce , yes Pacific Crest went home well after almost tailing off , almost an Arazi but not quite . Was it me or was that an awful commentary , I know it ain't easy but it was stilted and just average in end , disappointing for such an iconic race in world racing . FFS the comments bloke after said winner by Chinese stallion,  blimey they've been on the drink there today . Chilean stallion .

commentary was a shocker alright.2grand for allrunners and takehe 4th stake.decent cheque for bryce.

2 hours ago, Peter R S said:

Bernard S keeps telling us that it’s been a great move to pay all runners for going round, but I think there needs to be more discussion on this.

Perhaps coupled with restricting the entrants in better races (eg no maidens in open class races) it might be ok, but at the moment he seems preoccupied with field sizes at all cost, and I think a bit more refinement is required to avoid “paying for mediocrity”.

Other thoughts on this?

It's a must to continue paying a starters bonus IMO . Just got to stop taking it off the winners prize , brain dead decision that one . It shows that all owners are respected for helping put on the races . We were on of the few jurisdictions that weren't doing it . 

You are not rewarding mediocrity , all horses are helping promote turnover , as stakes increase so must this payment , they go hand in hand .

6 minutes ago, swampfox said:

commentary was a shocker alright.2grand for allrunners and takehe 4th stake.decent cheque for bryce.

I see he had Compulsive in at Hamilton tomorrow but it was canned , hes a brother to Harlech who goes in the Toorak . He had some million buck cast off called Laheeb I think it was last year . Got a win out of him after it had been through the big yards . He has a few in over next week or so to keep the cash flow going. 

14 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

What ya smoking Gruff ?

Are you stuck on bridge between jobs ?

A rat a tat tat of jovial posts and you introduce Neil Brady of harness and rugby fame into a B Stanaway thread ......who's mother and who milk shaking?

3 x deep breaths and clarify ?

Well said Tassie, you mix Scotch Whisky and Captain morgan and anythings possible 🙄 🤒  Neils mother and the rest is inconsequential 😐

13 hours ago, Red Rum said:

It was a pretty awful commentary, but the horses all wore some sort of weird club colours, not their normal colours. Bit like that silly Dulux Wgtn Cup of a few years back and that stupid interprovincial thing at New Plymouth. Shows how well Tony Lee did in those races, all things considered.