RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Red Rum

Bryce Stanaway

Stanaway still battling away , two in first today Geelong , 125 runs between them no wins , won't change today as Yulong Wall should hose home .He has lots of entries next few days so winner must be soon,he has an  ex Te Akau called  Faltonius in , he must be OK as he has been shipped over after two average runs here late last year . 

25 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

I would be guessing you will see alot more of the team out in the next couple of weeks! Warnmambool in 4 weeks 

He has loads in at different meetings up to Bendigo next Tuesday  he has another ex  Te Akau unraced horse in Twilight Zone in at Werribee Saturday . 

Takahe is  due to have its 33rd start since 31st March last year , no wins from 37 .

Most of these horses probably keep a bit to themselves but he amazes me how well he keeps these horses going , they must be in good nick because vets would give them a decent look the amount of times they turn out . 

46 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

He has loads in at different meetings up to Bendigo next Tuesday  he has another ex  Te Akau unraced horse in Twilight Zone in at Werribee Saturday . 

Takahe is  due to have its 33rd start since 31st March last year , no wins from 37 .

Most of these horses probably keep a bit to themselves but he amazes me how well he keeps these horses going , they must be in good nick because vets would give them a decent look the amount of times they turn out . 

has he retired crafty cruiser.hasnt gone around for some time

12 hours ago, swampfox said:

has he retired crafty cruiser.hasnt gone around for some time

Shown as Active on the RISA website but 12 so has to retire this year . Last raced Nov 2019, 158 starts and over million in prizemoney . Amazing horse and that's some serious care been given by the trainer . Saw it in race card once thought that name reminds me of a  horse going round a few years back, it was the horse from a few years back .

Three in tomorrow Bendigo, 164 starts between them, no wins . Two drawn the outside gate , the 105 start maiden drawn midfield . 

Anyone known the OZ or NZ start record for a maiden , I know that old pacer went round for nearly 200 I think, Kelly Evander it's name  but 105 for a galloper that's a lot .

On 4/3/2020 at 7:22 AM, Chris Wood said:

They get paid to line up in Australia, that obviously keeps the wolf from the door, well done BS, always been a bloke that has stood up and been counted!

Yep, looks like Bryce might be content to make a living owning and training slow racehorses. 

For his maiden that can't win he gets $630 for running 6th - 10th in the country. And if noms are really bad might even sneek the odd $1575 for running 4th

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Three in tomorrow Bendigo, 164 starts between them, no wins . Two drawn the outside gate , the 105 start maiden drawn midfield . 

Anyone known the OZ or NZ start record for a maiden , I know that old pacer went round for nearly 200 I think, Kelly Evander it's name  but 105 for a galloper that's a lot .

In the 70s there were 2 Half brothers stabled and racing in the Gisborne , Wairoa area. Mokapuna and Morgangaba.

I can not remember if they won a race.

I stand to be corrected.

2 hours ago, Craig hitchcock said:

Was Mokapuna trained by Bob McCosh ?

Yes the above horse was trained by Bob. Bob McCosh latter moved to Matamata and then To Peter and Nancy Izett's farm near Turangi.

Plenty of Standardbreds still maidens with more than 50 starts. I guess if you are the owner, trainer, and driver and it’s a hobby, it’s no big deal. TB Goldchi a 52 start 9 year old maiden still trying for that elusive win. Gee Bob McCosh is a blast from the past with his cowboy hat. He certainly raced his horses very regularly!

On 4/6/2020 at 12:08 AM, Red Rum said:

4 in today Red Rum! His High Chaparral in the first, a chance for a place 100/1 .Other 3 are in the 2400m

3 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

4 in today Red Rum! His High Chaparral in the first, a chance for a place 100/1 .Other 3 are in the 2400m

Hi Swoopa ,  Ex Te Akau but drawn wide, second up from spell  and OM put that   Boom Boom Becker up  last time and he was home in half a stride so looks good today , almost a winner without a penalty job. He will get a win out of Faltonius at some point ,  run had some merit first up from spell , might throw a coin on for insurance as will ruin my it wins or places  and I've missed it . That race Hanaki Warrior in has got me beat all ends up, who's turn is it race that one , I've put line through it as just cannot decide .

Have half a look at his  105 start maiden next up  ran ok last week , there's plenty slower horses than that one , I honestly can see it nabbing one .

Good luck to Bryce today .

8 hours ago, Swoopa said:

Ran a good race I thought Swooper  , drawn out wide came home hard from back for 5th of 13 , SP 91s . Longer trip next up won't be 91s that's for sure . 

8 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Hi Swoopa ,  Ex Te Akau but drawn wide, second up from spell  and OM put that   Boom Boom Becker up  last time and he was home in half a stride so looks good today , almost a winner without a penalty job. He will get a win out of Faltonius at some point ,  run had some merit first up from spell , might throw a coin on for insurance as will ruin my it wins or places  and I've missed it . That race Hanaki Warrior in has got me beat all ends up, who's turn is it race that one , I've put line through it as just cannot decide .

Have half a look at his  105 start maiden next up  ran ok last week , there's plenty slower horses than that one , I honestly can see it nabbing one .

Good luck to Bryce today .

3k after expenses for his time today:rcfe-happy-2:

Mokopuna won  good few races, normally at long odds.

Kaipipi was another of Bobs, along with Hasty Count, Partons Mistake and his best one Bobs Luck, who he won the GN Steeples with GN ( Snow) Scanlon on board.

Good bloke Bob, a mans man!

On 4/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, Swoopa said:

That run Monday hasn't been missed , Ladbrokes 5.50 and 2.15 Sunday Terang  the big hit has sailed on him . 1850 trip , draw  fine , 3rd up and by looks not as good field as Monday .

On 4/17/2020 at 6:15 AM, Red Rum said:

That run Monday hasn't been missed , Ladbrokes 5.50 and 2.15 Sunday Terang  the big hit has sailed on him . 1850 trip , draw  fine , 3rd up and by looks not as good field as Monday .

6 prong attack today Rumbo!

1 hour ago, Swoopa said:

6 prong attack today Rumbo!

Twilight Zone is another Te Akau/ Ellis purchase but looks limited .

I'am taking out a small  insurance policy on Hanaki Warrior in Cup , he ran on ok last week at Sandown and has a bit of ability . Field just  average . A throw at stumps from boundary .

Faltonius a real show today on Mondays run .He went through line hard at Sandown .

I thought he was some hope but Faltonius no speed at all. Ran into fourth under sufferance. $230k yearling shows our experts don't know it all. Twilight zone is just a niller plain and simple.

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

I thought he was some hope but Faltonius no speed at all. Ran into fourth under sufferance. $230k yearling shows our experts don't know it all. Twilight zone is just a niller plain and simple.

Yeah wee bit disappointed with Faltonius however for me he showed just enough to chase my money next time  .

Stable picked up 20k or so in prizemoney so far this month , best place finish couple 4ths so he ticks over as a stable . 

10 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Yeah wee bit disappointed with Faltonius however for me he showed just enough to chase my money next time  .

Stable picked up 20k or so in prizemoney so far this month , best place finish couple 4ths so he ticks over as a stable . 

And here endith the lesson , " how to keep more horses in work to help increase turnover in NZ racing " . Start paying starter incentives , a no brainer .