Red Rum

Bryce Stanaway

Recommended Posts

Anyone know anything about Bryce Stanaway trainer in Country  Victoria  . He had three in the slugfest at Ararat today one scratched now , between them 275 odd starts for 4 wins , on Tuesday he has three in a Hamilton highweight 2200 maiden , one a 94 start maiden another 44 start maiden, He has Crafty Cruiser 157 starts still going at 12 . No one can accuse him of giving up on a horse , very slow horses  but he must take really good care of them. He has a Zoustar maiden as well , he has only 2 convictions.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

From memory trained out of Paeroa.

That makes sense , scrolling through his runners he has mostly NZ bred . He must really know a horses legs ,imho  that's some real care shown to keep that many going for so long as they must get vetted well before race, Crafty Cruiser a mandatory vet check pre race  under the rules at 12 . Problem is they are very very slow . As has been said before the slow ones look after themselves  a bit .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Pretty sure he got into a bit of strife in Aus because he scratched 3 horses from Pakenham when there were no sandwhiches available in the trainers room.

May or may not have also got into strife in nz.

Now that's a guy I'd have a horse with , brilliant although rest assured under this case of scratching if it were my horse  I'd shake his hand but the  costs would come off what I'd owe him..  The economics of it all wrong  , he must have past a subway on the way for a sub of the day . Hope he gets one of these old pluggers home next few days sounds a good character .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Pretty sure he got into a bit of strife in Aus because he scratched 3 horses from Pakenham when there were no sandwhiches available in the trainers room.

May or may not have also got into strife in nz.

Yep I remember that The sandwich plate in the trainers room was empty so Bryce spoke to I think the club president of Pakenham?? to see if they could get the plate refilled , from what I can remember the Club President reacted rather negatively and told Bryce if he didn't like it take your horses and get out and Bryce said sweet az and did just that . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a look at Laheeb , his 44 start maiden  . Dam Reggae had couple starts for Aiden O'Brien under Jamie Spencer before export to OZ  , couple of her siblings were pretty good for Ballydoyle . Laheeb went through ring at Easter Sales for 700k. The Snowden 's clearly from his 5 trials rumbled he weren't rapid so Bryce not guilty of training  the speed out him .700k would buy some sandwiches . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Anyone know anything about Bryce Stanaway trainer in Country  Victoria  . He had three in the slugfest at Ararat today one scratched now , between them 275 odd starts for 4 wins , on Tuesday he has three in a Hamilton highweight 2200 maiden , one a 94 start maiden another 44 start maiden, He has Crafty Cruiser 157 starts still going at 12 . No one can accuse him of giving up on a horse , very slow horses  but he must take really good care of them. He has a Zoustar maiden as well , he has only 2 convictions.  

i see one of the runners in hamilton maiden having 1st aussie start full brother to harlech.previously with c chipperfield according to formline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Yes his father Ian trained horses at Dargaville. Bryce trained and rode his jumpers from Paeroa before moving to Australia. Matthew Faber was apprenticed to him. Comes over to the later days of the Karaka sales sometimes.

crafty cruiser being aimed for the jellico no doubt.2nd in it last year.stakeswinner of amillion plus.isee his 95start maiden constano milie has won over 100k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swampfox said:

i see one of the runners in hamilton maiden having 1st aussie start full brother to harlech.previously with c chipperfield according to formline

1 4 6 boxed should cover the trifecta in first  . He looks like he's got Laheeb going a bit , that ex Kiwi looks like there is  a  bit of life in  him and top one  going  ok . 

He filled last two places at Ararat today , both backing up Hamilton , maybe doing an Aiden O'Brien Magic Wand style job on them for Tuesday just clearing the lungs  .Winner San Remo , Frankel half brother to French Guineas winner and another good one , spent couple years at Ballydoyle before going round and round Ararat .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of characters there Gubes! Was it Bryce who used to deliver horse feed in his horse  truck, dressed in bin liners and track suits (sweating for the ride)and always running  somewhere even with a bag of oats on his back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

A couple of characters there Gubes! Was it Bryce who used to deliver horse feed in his horse  truck, dressed in bin liners and track suits (sweating for the ride)and always running  somewhere even with a bag of oats on his back?

sounds like bryce new him well in paeroa.nothing for him to haymake all night then load the horsefloat and go to the track.a battler but a good bugger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bryce is Celebrating His 60th Birthday Today - along with His Daughter Anita 30th - Wishing you Guys All the Best For Today - Cheers :-)                                          

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just caught an interview on Country Racing on the Aussie racing channel (note this is free to air!) - seems Bryce pulled all his horses out recently because the track was too hard, must have been incorrectly described before he left home, but he makes no apology for his decision and claimed very few of the runners that day have raced since. Hard case fellow, who knows how to look after the horses he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.