RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

One of the reasons racing is failing.....

Went to Elerslie for the Cup with a bunch of Auckland women and a few men in the gaggle. Paid our $30 to get into the members bar on the 5th floor. So this is what we experienced:

1. Couldn't buy proper champagne;

2. Could only get Stella and Krona for pale and 1 draught beer;

3. Had the choice of 1 gin;

4. Had no chardonnay when we asked and it took 15 minutes for someone to get it. When it arrived it wasn't cold;

5. Food available was pies, sausage rolls, a brisket, or ham sandwich with cold slaw;

6. The top door didn't open so couldn't go outside from a normal exit. Told the lock had broken;

7. Could only open two windows from 8 because all the latches either broken or the windows were painted shut;

8. Air conditioning didn't work;

9.  Television screens required guests to either block the view of others or use a set of binoculars to see image;

10. Sound wasn't turned up enough to hear properly;

11. Probably nice people but some of the staff had us thinking we were in a half way house.

None of the guests present on Cup day will ever go back. We're in 2019.......

Shouldn't we be embracing the CUP, going all out to get people at the track and into racing. This experience was absolutely appalling. Why don't they learn?

6 minutes ago, Berri said:

Went to Elerslie for the Cup with a bunch of Auckland women and a few men in the gaggle. Paid our $30 to get into the members bar on the 5th floor. So this is what we experienced:

4. Had no chardonnay when we asked and it took 15 minutes for someone to get it. When it arrived it wasn't cold;

5. Food available was pies, sausage rolls, a brisket, or ham sandwich with cold slaw;

6. The top door didn't open so couldn't go outside from a normal exit. Told the lock had broken;

7. Could only open two windows from 8 because all the latches either broken or the windows were painted shut;

9.  Television screens required guests to either block the view of others or use a set of binoculars to see image;

11. Probably nice people but some of the staff had us thinking we were in a half way house.

Shouldn't we be embracing the CUP, going all out to get people at the track and into racing. This experience was absolutely appalling. Why don't they learn?

You haven't been to Te Rapa then? :rcf-poo::rcf-monkey::rcf-laughing-2:

1 hour ago, Berri said:

you shoulda gone to HQ instead..plenty of champers and cold Chardonnay..there.:rcf-tongue-1:

2 hours ago, Berri said:

Disappointing indeed Berri...I too spent some time in that area and both there and throughout the place there seemed to be plenty of folk enjoying the place. I was taken by the number of TV 'stations' in close proximity giving excellent viewing.

Toilets excellent , barista coffee top quality , yes limited food  probablyOK for a racecourse ,would have gone to Silks for the best food , bar possibly limited but a gin is a gin but a cigar is a good smoke. I passed at least 3 x Board members during the day ..Sing ,Nakhle and Hutchison so I hope you communicated with them.Facilities certainly comfortable a good view of parade ring and race course .

Shame your friends not going back , as I'll take a screw driver next time to attend to those troublesome locks/windows  which I never experienced on the day..saw a bit of pigeon shit outside.

Racing seemed pretty good .......I guess the bar choice not up to it.

As you seem very passionate about racing I hope your feelings are communicated to the right folk .

On 11/8/2019 at 3:55 PM, Berri said:

Point 4: never drink a Chardonnay cold , it kills the complex aromas. 

Point 10: really gets me as if you can’t hear what’s the point of being there, especially given point 9!

On 11/8/2019 at 6:51 PM, TurnyTom said:

Go to Riccarton they have 35 inch TVs bloody ridiculous 

I offered to the club to buy new TVs myself for the Phar Lap room BEFORE the current "upgraded" ones went in.....  as I was so sick of the old ones.  The things are so cheap these days why wouldnt you go for size