Catalano

Il Paradiso

27 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Catalano said:

How does it make the field?

Two race winner, maiden and a handicap, 3/4 in a Group 2 (albeit a nice run) - just curious how it gets in ahead of any number of locals.

 

Rated in Ireland few kilos above Downdraft and he brained them Saturday under 59 kgs . Debut as 2 year old was 3/16 within 4 lengths of Circus Maximus a real  high class horse , won his  maiden this year  3rd home Yonkers already a winner in OZ looking very promising for Chris Waller , won handicap cruising by 12 lengths over 2 miles , bombed out at big odds in Irish Derby . Was close up behind Stradivarius and Dee Ex Bee over 2 miles  at York  . Then the Leger run starting to look better .Winner Logician a serious horse , IL Paradiso finished in front of Technician, he has won next two when sent to France beating some of Frances best Group 1 winning stayers, the second of two wins was French Leger. Technician has three wins out three when sent over this year . Wasn't that keen on him a while back but his form looking solid . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Red Rum said:

He received the allowances in that race at York but was actually wrong in on ratings  to those top horses as opposed to handicap conditions .

He is worth some ew money  imho ,  gone ok on heavy as well .

Small fields though RR...only 6 when he won and 4 in the Straddie race. How will he cope with a big field knocking him around ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Small fields though RR...only 6 when he won and 4 in the Straddie race. How will he cope with a big field knocking him around ?

Couple big field maiden races at 2 but yes it's a question mark in the hustle bustle of big one . Wayne Lorden fresh off big win for Joseph O Brien in Breeders Cup Sunday morning , rode a beauty of a race .

Iam going to have each way  go and box up Cross Counter , Raymond Tusk, Prince of Aaron , Constantinople and I'll Paradiso . It was a tough one who to leave out as it should be in a race like this .My one thing with Raymond Tusk is my bias against the Hannon yard training stayers ,he so well known for 2 year olds and sprinter milers and thats their thing in the main but RT got solid form. Was gutted after Ebor as clear run he wins that race at good odds .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Couple big field maiden races at 2 but yes it's a question mark in the hustle bustle of big one . Wayne Lorden fresh off big win for Joseph O Brien in Breeders Cup Sunday morning , rode a beauty of a race .

Iam going to have each way  go and box up Cross Counter , Raymond Tusk, Prince of Aaron , Constantinople and I'll Paradiso . It was a tough one who to leave out as it should be in a race like this .My one thing with Raymond Tusk is my bias against the Hannon yard training stayers ,he so well known for 2 year olds and sprinter milers and thats their thing in the main but RT got solid form. Was gutted after Ebor as clear run he wins that race at good odds .

 

RT won't know himself on 54kg after running around with 60-61kg....I'll be throwing in the lightweights for value.....good luck....:rcfe-like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

RT won't know himself on 54kg after running around with 60-61kg....I'll be throwing in the lightweights for value.....good luck....:rcfe-like:

Same to you , yes weights way lighter than Europe .Cross Counter only 9st 1 .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put D Oliver on IL Paradiso or Master of Reality and IL Paradiso wins the Cup....work it out. Dettori once again found out in Oz and gets 9 weeks. Costs IL Paradiso a certain win imho. Loved the final Quinella though!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trump said:

Put D Oliver on IL Paradiso or Master of Reality and IL Paradiso wins the Cup....work it out. Dettori once again found out in Oz and gets 9 weeks. Costs IL Paradiso a certain win imho. Loved the final Quinella though!!

Dettori a clown

Was on the best horse and handed up the trail to Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Trump said:

Put D Oliver on IL Paradiso or Master of Reality and IL Paradiso wins the Cup....work it out. Dettori once again found out in Oz and gets 9 weeks. Costs IL Paradiso a certain win imho. Loved the final Quinella though!!

I'll Paradiso as NH 3 yo gave winner pound as well. Winner only scraped in after Ispolini and Marmelo had the scans and rubbed out . Good tough win though, good ride .  How good must John Gosdens unbeaten Logician and Stradivarius be . Logician put over 5 lengths on him in Leger without being put under real pressure and Stadivarius put him away at York giving over stone away . Looking at the way Kew Gardens went the other week beating Stradivarius 58kgs might have been light for him if he came over .He's Ballydoyles best stayer .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gruff said:

Cert beat

Mullins was at his most gracious in defeat , the same as when the Queens horse beat his in Gold Cup. It's good for racing his thoughts,  inside he would have been pissed . Wouldnt be surprised if Mullins puts Max over fences this year . Hope he don't but Faugheen going that way too and he needs a paddock after his issues .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Treat said:

went pretty good!! Quite amazed to see looking through the field pre race, that there were 11 stallions in the cup!

The Ballydoyle horses never gelded , they accounted for 4 colts in race  if you include recent sales Southern France , Constantinople . The latest returns from UK and Ireland have four of their National Hunt division stallions filing top four places covering between 240 and 275 mares . Idaho came out last year but didnt race covered 220 odd and Mahler who raced in Cup years ago covered 225 both in their NH division . I'll Paradiso and Hunting Horn will likely end up there printing money for Magnier .

Sire of winner also raced out of Ballydoyle , the money they must have rolling in is mind boggling .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much did the bump from behind from Il Paradiso help Vow and Declare cross the line in front? The overhead shot showed him slowly edging closer to Master of Reality, but Il Paradiso seemed to give him that extra little boost to nose him out. I wonder if they'd of reversed the result if Master of Reality crossed the line 1st? 

 I thought Surprise Baby was the run of the race, considering it covered about 3300 metres.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

How much did the bump from behind from Il Paradiso help Vow and Declare cross the line in front? The overhead shot showed him slowly edging closer to Master of Reality, but Il Paradiso seemed to give him that extra little boost to nose him out. I wonder if they'd of reversed the result if Master of Reality crossed the line 1st? 

 I thought Surprise Baby was the run of the race, considering it covered about 3300 metres.....

Williams said that when he got bumped by IL Paradiso, the horse wanted to go on with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trump said:

No - he was outridden by Michelle Payne wasn’t he? Didn’t she take the gap at the Clock Tower that he wanted and then had to wait? She out rode him.

She won he didn't so you are dead right I reckon ,  she out rode him that day . He has had a decent year to be fair to him, 19 group 1s I think  but missed the Arc and today  . His best ride no doubt all year though  was the  Criterion at Longchamps last week, 2 runner group 1 , no problems with gaps closing on him  in that match race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now