RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WOODBINE

Kolding - record Stakes win for a NZ bred racehorse

In three days the Melbourne Cup will be run.

The Melbourne Cup is probably the only race that businesses run a sweepstake on a horse race.

For some years I have been an advocate for the TAB to develop a gaming product with Lotto to run on the Melbourne Cup. This would bring racing into the Lotto community and also give the  sweepstakers an opportunity to win a major prize. 

I have raised this suggestion at several John Allen sessions only for it to be brushed off with the line we will consider it.

NZ Racing is devoid of any growth ideas and strategies and it now may be too late to turn it around.

Sadly we are now a sunset industry.

6 hours ago, Trump said:

No need to. Watch the price of Ocean Park yearlings go thru the roof at Karaka - including the Stud Fee next year! Another WaiKato Stud gold mine! 

Yes one quality horse can make a stallion with some 140 shots a year but the poor old breeder only gets one chance that's something Chittick forgets in his adds promoting  his stallions. 

2 hours ago, Crow said:

Yes one quality horse can make a stallion with some 140 shots a year but the poor old breeder only gets one chance that's something Chittick forgets in his adds promoting  his stallions. 

Pathetic remark. OP is leaving top horses all over the place.

N.Z.-bred through Ocean Park, who descends from the wonder mare, Hunza. His Mum is as Aussie as Sharlene.

Woodbine - agree with you about publicity but we failed with Winx, Black Caviar et al. Probably more success in Australia with N.Z.-bred stallions now.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:56 PM, fitzy said:

Pathetic remark. OP is leaving top horses all over the place.

Get real yes he has left winners but if your so bright work out the percentages for a stallion compared to a mare 140 per year stallion 1 for mare fact. Easy to name good horses how about name all the slow ones

Crow I was always told to not waste time arguing with idiots but in your case I will make  an exception.

If you knew anything about stallion performance you would understand how good OP is going.

To date he has 116 individual winners from effectively only 2 crops to race. 15 of these are Stakes performers, with 6 having been Group 1 performers.

Fortunately good judges like Chris Waller know more than you and the top trainers keep buying them. I forecast he will get plenty of stakeswinners over the next 12 months and look forward to your being proved totally wrong.

42 minutes ago, fitzy said:

Crow I was always told to not waste time arguing with idiots but in your case I will make  an exception.

If you knew anything about stallion performance you would understand how good OP is going.

To date he has 116 individual winners from effectively only 2 crops to race. 15 of these are Stakes performers, with 6 having been Group 1 performers.

Fortunately good judges like Chris Waller know more than you and the top trainers keep buying them. I forecast he will get plenty of stakeswinners over the next 12 months and look forward to your being proved totally wrong.

Great retort!

2 hours ago, fitzy said:

Pity you didn't read the posts before spurting out all your bravo but the context of my first post is a stallion gets 140 opportunities to produce where the breeder with the mare get one. Pity you couldn't understand simple English , hopefully you can pick up on it along with Donald

8 hours ago, flockofewes2 said:

the wonderful thing about breeding and stud fees is..that it  is all about percentages ..they never let you down...not purely a numbers game...the Hogan's and Messara's of the world succeed because they know the value proposition.

Wouldn't more numbers (foals) on the ground increase your chances for stallion to succeed though that was obvious

On 11/9/2019 at 5:41 PM, fitzy said:

Oceanex wins G2 Matriach stakes at Flemington today. 
Point at least partly proven I think.

:rcf-tongue-3:

Jonny Russ 4th 2100m mdn Hastings  You slow to pick up on what my post was saying about breeding. Wasn't about so much the stallion as such but the breeding game. Enjoy