RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Melbourne Cup should be renamed

3 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

Hold it in the UK, save them all having to travel.

It is pretty embarrassing though. The iconic race of Australia and they can't/won't produce horses to compete. 

That’s easily fixed. Reserve 50% of the spots for Europeans and 50% for Aust/NZ breds. This would give the race a “State of Origin” type of feel and I think it would really generate a “Us v Them “ theme and rally the public around the Aussies and kiwis. 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

That’s easily fixed. Reserve 50% of the spots for Europeans and 50% for Aust/NZ breds. This would give the race a “State of Origin” type of feel and I think it would really generate a “Us v Them “ theme and rally the public around the Aussies and kiwis. 

May put the euros off coming because it would be hard to get a run. What about the oz trained horses that were bred in the UK? Who would they run for? 

Just now, Trump said:

No- but the missus is so that means “more golf!” :rcfe-cool-1:

What chance Youngstar Trumpy ? I've been following her since Queensland and apart from that St Leger run, where she was unlucky, her form looks pretty bleak. Waller wouldn't have her here, on 52kg, unless she was showing something and I liked the comments this week.

18 minutes ago, Trump said:

Youngstar has absolutely no chance of winning and if by a miracle it did, I would give up punting forever! It’s going to rain tomorrow and maybe thunderstorms in the afternoon - if that helps you. 

Will certainly help her......I just don't think Waller would have her here, she didn't run Saturday once she was in....if she was going badly. Think she has been set for this...only 5 lengths behind Cross Counter last year and meets him 6kg better off. And Finche might not handle the wet ground either so worth a punt.

10 hours ago, poundforpound said:

It should be selected on multi criteria including, but not limited to, stakemoney won.

Those NH plodders from the Ebor etc...have typically only won $300k and shouldn’t be in the field.....

Greg Carpenter is clearly out if his depth ( wouldn’t have to be very deep ) and cannot interpret NH late autumn three year old form, like Constantinople, and keeps gifting them the race with luxury weights.

As for the O’Briens having seven runners......you want to see a race being manipulated and corrupted.....you’re setting it up for exactly that to happen 

Bottom rated of 20 odd runners in Ebor this year was 105 , Downdraft was rated 98 at that time , he absolutely pissed in under 59kgs Saturday at Flemington .

Baghdad gave 5lbs and put 3 lengths on Downdraft at Ascot in June , albeit Downdraft slightly impeded .Baghdad only beat home 5 or so horses  in Ebor and two were pulled up .

Caught a race few nights back  after a late one  from France on Trackside , OTI owned  called Mr Satchmo , they were going into it up  to their knees and he swam through it like Mark Spitz.

On 11/3/2019 at 9:59 PM, Ohokaman said:

Will certainly help her......I just don't think Waller would have her here, she didn't run Saturday once she was in....if she was going badly. Think she has been set for this...only 5 lengths behind Cross Counter last year and meets him 6kg better off. And Finche might not handle the wet ground either so worth a punt.

True Self QE2 Saturday , good draw, perfect trip , Moore up , Mullins polish on ., in form. Bonus prize I  recall for those balloted out of Cup . Bet of the carnival  OM .

Magic Wand backing up in Mackinnon , stable  don't mind racing them often .

Appleby has pulled out Setting Sail, could be one to consider in Zipping Classic next week as running out of races .

1 minute ago, Red Rum said:

True Self QE2 Saturday , good draw, perfect trip , Moore up , Mullins polish on ., in form. Bonus prize I  recall for those balloted out of Cup . Bet of the carnival  OM .

Magic Wand backing up in Mackinnon , stable  don't mind racing them often .

Appleby has pulled out Setting Sail, could be one to consider in Zipping Classic next week as running out of races .

They will kill that Magic Wand the way they are running her, Cox, Cup now Mackinnon ??

True Self form franked yesterday, doubt you will get rich though RR.....;)

5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

They will kill that Magic Wand the way they are running her, Cox, Cup now Mackinnon ??

True Self form franked yesterday, doubt you will get rich though RR.....;)

Cox Plate 10th in Cup Mackinnon to go with more air miles this year than US president .She's tough , might poke into place . MB got 16 gate .

TS , 250 opening price ? 

33 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Cox Plate 10th in Cup Mackinnon to go with more air miles this year than US president .She's tough , might poke into place . MB got 16 gate .

TS , 250 opening price ? 

Should be better than that looking at the noms.

If Hartnell, Homesman,Melody Belle, Cape of GH, Humidor, 50 Stars, KW Dream, Setting Sail and co turn up she should be 8-10/1...

32 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

If Hartnell, Homesman,Melody Belle, Cape of GH, Humidor, 50 Stars, KW Dream, Setting Sail and co turn up she should be 8-10/1...

Sorry meant True Self in QE2 guessing around 2.50  , she was nom'd for three races but they have chosen QE2 . 

37 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

I was wrong  with 2.50  , I'd get knocked over on the boards chalking that up, 2.20 opening Ladbrokes .