RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Why TAB has to change

How can the TAB stay relevant in its current operational format or offerings, when compared to its competitors? For example, one corporate bookmaker is offering in the Melb Cup, CONSTANTINOPLE to place TOP TEN in the MC at odds of $3 for a max bet of $25. That’s a huge attraction for the little punter - if they like the horse to back it on normal punt and use this Option as a Saver. 

Yes, and I’ve heard of one even better than that.  Apparently there’s one giving money back on some races provided your horse doesn’t run last!!!

I won’t talk on, apparently someone else’s (the little punter) behalf, I will have the courage to say that I think that is good. 

5 hours ago, Pickel said:

Yes, and I’ve heard of one even better than that.  Apparently there’s one giving money back on some races provided your horse doesn’t run last!!!

I won’t talk on, apparently someone else’s (the little punter) behalf, I will have the courage to say that I think that is good. 

This is only on bonus bets - I backed three horses in the named races yesterday and none ran last and I got nothing back

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

This is only on bonus bets - I backed three horses in the named races yesterday and none ran last and I got nothing back

Me too the other day. Backed two after clicking on the ad link. Both lost. Neither ran last. Nothing. Can't be bothered.

You don"t get your money back. You get bonus bets for the same amount as you invested. eg If you $5 on the stated race and it doesn't come last, next time you place a win bet with bookies on that day it comes up do you want to use your bonus bet for next bet, eg you get $5 win bet again. But it must be placed on the same day. if the bonus bet comes in, they take the$5 off your winnings.

1 hour ago, Pottsie said:

You don"t get your money back. You get bonus bets for the same amount as you invested. eg If you $5 on the stated race and it doesn't come last, next time you place a win bet with bookies on that day it comes up do you want to use your bonus bet for next bet, eg you get $5 win bet again. But it must be placed on the same day. if the bonus bet comes in, they take the$5 off your winnings.

OK. Thanks. I wouldn't have been back on there till the next day, after placing bets that morning. So the bonuses would have disappeared............?

I can see how time limiting bonus bets would appeal to marketing depts trying to increase 'engagement'. 

They assume though that punters care about their service enough to remember. They don't.

Its hubris. Im picking they aren't being sneaky dicks in this instance. Perhaps theyll note the feedback and put a sensible time limit on the bonusses, and also send punters a notification before bonus bet expiry. That would be the classy thing to do.