RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WOODBINE

Melbourne Cup and Lotto

In three days the Melbourne Cup will be run.

The Melbourne Cup is probably the only race that businesses run a sweepstake on a horse race.

For some years I have been an advocate for the TAB to develop a gaming product with Lotto to run on the Melbourne Cup. This would bring racing into the Lotto community and also give the  sweepstakers an opportunity to win a major prize. 

I have raised this suggestion at several John Allen sessions only for it to be brushed off with the line we will consider it.

NZ Racing is devoid of any growth ideas and strategies and it now may be too late to turn it around.

Sadly we are now a sunset industry.

21 hours ago, WOODBINE said:

In three days the Melbourne Cup will be run.

The Melbourne Cup is probably the only race that businesses run a sweepstake on a horse race.

For some years I have been an advocate for the TAB to develop a gaming product with Lotto to run on the Melbourne Cup. This would bring racing into the Lotto community and also give the  sweepstakers an opportunity to win a major prize. 

I have raised this suggestion at several John Allen sessions only for it to be brushed off with the line we will consider it.

NZ Racing is devoid of any growth ideas and strategies and it now may be too late to turn it around.

Sadly we are now a sunset industry.

Tried until the cows came home. No one wants to challenge the lottery.

Not even talking about Race-O. I'm talking about the DIA/ NZ Government making sure the lottery gravy train isn't messed with. That's the fund where the fat cats, social mis-fits and community bribes are sourced. Any challenge to that is not looked upon favourably.

Gets one thinking....why doesn't the NZ government give the tote back to racing (it stole it in the first place) and let racing organise who should be doing what? I don't see a minister of Rugby, appointments to Rugby being OKed by the Minister of Sport, and that the NZ rugby has to have the minister OK the accounts?