poundforpound

Is he a worthy Minister For Racing ?

336 posts in this topic

He’s in the High Court next week, suing Paula Bennett ( and for all intents and purposes the National Party ) for defamation, because they told the truth about his benefit chicanery

For those who don’t know he claimed a higher benefit by ticking the box claiming he “didn’t have a partner”, even though he’d been living with Jan Trotman, in her St Mary’s Bay house for well over ten years.

His defence ....” I thought it meant was I still married to my long gone ex wife ....”

To me he’s guilty of chicanery and arguably fraud, and on that basis my question is this, is he a suitable candidate to be Minister For Racing ?

and if he is found to be a fraudster will he be better qualified for the job ? particularly in his capacity working with Australia ?

2BEF6F5F-EBB3-435E-9C54-B604D5590185.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Stables said:

Too early to judge. Wait till the racing bill is passed

So you don’t care whether he’s a liar ( yet to be proved ) or benefit fraudster ( to be determined ) or if he has any integrity ??

If you don’t care can I presume you’d give free license to every racing participant to abide by the same values ?

21 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

So you don’t care whether he’s a liar ( yet to be proved ) or benefit fraudster ( to be determined ) or if he has any integrity ??

If you don’t care can I presume you’d give free license to every racing participant to abide by the same values ?

And therein lies the problem. The whole industry would be guilty by association sucking up to him out of self interest and ignoring all the baggage that comes with him.

Whether he is a liar on this issue or not - the way he conducts himself and the trainwreck his Party is inflicting on us all should make us all think about supporting him 

Racing people hitting on Winston Peters is bit like scoring an own goal.

Fraud has to be accompanied by intent. Ticking or not ticking by oversight is not fraud. In fact I had the same thing happen to me except in reverse. Ended up with a healthy four figure payout.

Labelling someone as a fraudster without the facts or knowledge is dangerous. At least Winston had a winebox of evidence when he took on Fay Richwhite beacons in the National Party.

I think your political leanings are clouding your views too.     All I know is he promised big sweeping changes if he got in - all we've seen is name changing with no improvement for the industry over the two years.      As they say, if bullshit was music he'd be a brass band!

No one has yet mentioned the FACT that he was officially censured by his peers in Parliament in 2008 ...so it's hardly surprising that false and misleading information is all part and parcel of the mind games Winnie plays with everyone - from the media to fellow politicians to Grey Power to the NZ Racing Industry. He is Trump-lite imo ..narcissistic (hence easily able to bristle the likes of p4p), too clever for most (including himself) ... and the last laugh will be on him when his party implodes because he has not created a framework for its survival when he is gone. So there.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10533684

from Sept 2008 Herald article

Winston Peters was defiant to the last minute of a two-hour debate in Parliament today but at the end of it MPs voted 62-56 to censure him over the $100,000 donation from billionaire businessman Owen Glenn.

The privileges committee called for him to be censured in a report it released last night, saying the New Zealand First leader must have had some knowledge of the donation which was made in December 2005.

The committee decided he had knowingly misled Parliament by not declaring the donation, and was therefore in contempt of its rules.

29 minutes ago, Stables said:

So you've advanced from your earlier post whereby you stated that it was as yet to be proved that he is a liar

My initial post pertained to this latest event where he claimed to NOT be in a relationship ......he’s under oath next week.....we’ll ascertain then whether he’s lying 

That case in the High Court at Auckland would be worth seeing.  Geoff Venning, the judge, reminds me in a way of John Wayne, who starred in many western movies.

John Wayne would take no shit from Indians.  Geoff Venning will take no shit from Maoris.

56 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

That case in the High Court at Auckland would be worth seeing.  Geoff Venning, the judge, reminds me in a way of John Wayne, who starred in many western movies.

John Wayne would take no shit from Indians.  Geoff Venning will take no shit from Maoris.

Could make good viewing. Will it be live streamed?

4 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Racing people hitting on Winston Peters is bit like scoring an own goal.

Fraud has to be accompanied by intent. Ticking or not ticking by oversight is not fraud. In fact I had the same thing happen to me except in reverse. Ended up with a healthy four figure payout.

Labelling someone as a fraudster without the facts or knowledge is dangerous. At least Winston had a winebox of evidence when he took on Fay Richwhite beacons in the National Party.

Looks like he was questioned about his situation .

""  Court documents from the case now suggest Peters was sent a letter four years into his seven years of overpayments by officials asking him to confirm if he was "single" but continued to receive a higher rate of super, for single people in shared accommodation, for three more years despite being in a de facto relationship. ""

''  Winston Peters will take time off his day job next week as his high-stakes court action begins against the head of the public service, a top mandarin, a government agency and two former National ministers. 

The Deputy PM wants $450,000 in damages from each of the named defendants, meaning a total of $1.8 million if he pursues all of those monetary claims listed in early court documents. Any damages awarded would be covered by the taxpayer under an arrangement authorised by the Cabinet. Taxpayers are also paying for the two Queens Counsel and legal team . ""

No wonder he has very little time for his racing portfolio , this will be a nice bonus for him if he wins , a sort of retirement kiwi saver , the problem is it's us kiwis that need saving from this sort of rubbish  .

Anyone still think he was ever going with National .

2 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

''  Winston Peters will take time off his day job next week as his high-stakes court action begins against the head of the public service, a top mandarin, a government agency and two former National ministers. 

The Deputy PM wants $450,000 in damages from each of the named defendants, meaning a total of $1.8 million if he pursues all of those monetary claims listed in early court documents. Any damages awarded would be covered by the taxpayer under an arrangement authorised by the Cabinet. Taxpayers are also paying for the two Queens Counsel and legal team . ""

No wonder he has very little time for his racing portfolio , this will be a nice bonus for him if he wins , a sort of retirement kiwi saver , the problem is it's us kiwis that need saving from this sort of rubbish  .

Anyone still think he was ever going with National .

court action begins against the head of the public service, a top mandarin ...

Winnie is suing a citrus fruit?

20 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

Looks like he was questioned about his situation .

""  Court documents from the case now suggest Peters was sent a letter four years into his seven years of overpayments by officials asking him to confirm if he was "single" but continued to receive a higher rate of super, for single people in shared accommodation, for three more years despite being in a de facto relationship. ""

As I said the same thing happened to me except in reverse. So can verify its quite easy to make a mistake. I really would like to assist and perhaps offer my testimony to help Peters. Don't suppose you would know his lawyer to get in touch with?

On 10/31/2019 at 11:23 AM, poundforpound said:

Im not sure of the surrounding facts of the claimed benefit Fraud you seem to be making a huge deal about....

was the intent of Winston Peters to defraud the system? which he himself has help to establish?  wouldnt that seem a little odd.. 

secondly... we know it is and was a political motivated attack... to have that information released to the public...

you would think that Winz cases concerning privacy of citizens are afforded to public serving citizens as well!!

im curious if it was deemed by the powers that be... that Winston Peters received monies incorrectly... did Winston then repay it back??

If therefore things were repaid?? then it is Winston right to challenge the manner in which the system handled his particular case!!

Let the wrong be righted!! and let it be a lesson for all

This is the very same Winston Peters who demanded the IRD release and make public all information held on the subject of the Winebox enquiry

Regarding who paid back his overpaid benefit money .... the common understanding is that his partner Jan Trotman paid it back for him