RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Meech replaced on Derby Fave

11 hours ago, chelseacol said:

yes and out along with Marmelo. Bit of drama !

On the Meech thing I do feel for her - but ultimately the owners pay the bills. Plenty of cases also of jocks accepting rides and then jumping horses etc etc etc ......

Bit of Drama alright :rcfe-surprise:

New Cat Scan machine that has only tested internationals, looks like Morrison was shafted, guy reading the scans is related to Trevor Chapell :rcf-surprised:

7 hours ago, Gruff said:

Bit of Drama alright :rcfe-surprise:

New Cat Scan machine that has only tested internationals, looks like Morrison was shafted, guy reading the scans is related to Trevor Chapell :rcf-surprised:

Dr Ian Wright head honcho of Newmarket Equine Hospital , biggest in Europe says it's fine  . Check out Morrisons stable return , loads old campaigners,  12 year old ran last week no problems , Bowman top 5 in world says fine  , galloped fine after scan . Ispolini still in work according to reports . It's Chappell alright but he has given ball the Bancroft rub prior to the roll .

11 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Button up would have been better Pondi, think I might have an inkling who you are to..,,

Agree 100% with you Chris.... both should have buttoned up.

But as I said if anyone has seen the movie they will know Michelle isn't scared to put the boot in verbally (re her retaining the ride on Prince of Penzance in the Cup).

NB: We have never met so not sure whether that helps as to who you think I am. Cheers.

12 hours ago, Trump said:

Chris, I think everybody would agree it’s an Owner’s prerogative to choose or change Jockeys. No question. At the same time, it had nothing to do with Michelle Payne and her response was emotional. Also, after being replaced by Zahra, Meech didn’t show any class by her comments re the horses prospects. But you have to feel for Meech. She’s won the last two and the horse goes good for her. Zahra rode the horse for a first start 6th at the beginning of this year. I doubt that there will be a race goer on course for the Derby that won’t be willing it to get beat! 

Jockeys have been getting the 'drag' off horses forever. Meech is not helping her own cause by bleating about it and Payne should mind her own beeswax cos it's the owner's prerogative to decide who should ride the horse.

21 hours ago, mckenzie said:

Ironic thing is most say Meech was up to the job and a great front running rider for the horse. Even the trainer said he wanted her on it. 

it's not about whether Meech is up to the job. She is a fine rider. The ills are paid by the owner (not the trainer) so ultimately what the owner wants the owner will ghet. In this case he wants Zahra to ride his horse in this race, which costs him a packet to start!. End of story

22 hours ago, pogo(aus) said:

more class ??

that's debatable given her comment "i hope that it gets beat "

particularly given the amount of opportunity provided to her by brae sokolski, ciaron maher and david eustace.

if anyone thinks meech is a better jockey than zahra they've got rocks in their head.

I dont think it's a matter of weather a jockey is better than the other in this case. The horse is not an easy ride and Meech has been able to settle him in his last two races.

Good luck to the owner on his selection of rider that hasn't ridden this difficult horse.

2 hours ago, rosie one said:

I dont think it's a matter of weather a jockey is better than the other in this case. The horse is not an easy ride and Meech has been able to settle him in his last two races.

Good luck to the owner on his selection of rider that hasn't ridden this difficult horse.

He has ridden this horse . Or am I reading his form wrong , Jay McNeil rode him three times with ever better results as it went on, arguably he's been jocked off twice with being bumped off Kings Will Dream after winning group 1, that's harsher .