RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

MARCOOLA

What a beautiful trotter so well gaited and 1.5386 WOW !!

Clearly one of the best we have ever seen.

The spectacle was somewhat demininished by the Trackside TWATS crossing over to cover a dog race worth $2,300 at Palm Nth ALL because of their bloodyminded insistance not to let viewers hear the judges call which always includes THE TIME.

GIVE YOURSELVES AN UPPPER CUT............ cost viewers hearing HISTORY in the making .....a new NZ record.

2 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

What a beautiful trotter so well gaited and 1.5386 WOW !!

Clearly one of the best we have ever seen.

The spectacle was somewhat demininished by the Trackside TWATS crossing over to cover a dog race worth $2,300 at Palm Nth ALL because of their bloodyminded insistance not to let viewers hear the judges call which always includes THE TIME.

GIVE YOURSELVES AN UPPPER CUT............ cost viewers hearing HISTORY in the making .....a new NZ record.

Isnt it good to watch a good square gaiter and yesterday we were fortunate to see two very good ones at Ashvegas.Your other comments are not unreasonable but the Trackside production teams do not seem to comprehend what info the race viewers want pre and post race

Greg

On 10/29/2019 at 12:43 PM, ivanthegreat said:

Great post Ivan - but don't you know that all races are just commodities - G1 or dogs in the outback - all the same it seems :rcfe-angry:

Ivan mate your not wrong, there is so much that the fans love to hear after a win, driver interviews, trainer interviews, the cool back stories and behind the scene stories we used to get....yep Chelsea commodities fricken sad.....

Is it me or Marcoola don't seem to be the same since he had that soreness prob....

Cheers Iraklis

Yeh Ivan I know what you mean, same race last year and left them to it, how many lengths did he win by? he (Marcoola) just don't seem the same, where's all that brilliance, full of runnin and then some gone?.......I dunno, what ever happened to him has changed him, I'm still a fan and think if the right Marcoola shows up ok, we'll have an interestin Inters :rcfe-happy-2:

Eljay mate, to answer your mandatory, 'I feel' that the 'fans' (not just punters) do love to hear anything about their favorite horse for very different reasons, but the sport has gone away from the fans now, and it pisses me off! once upon a time you could come in here and announce a call up of the fans for a particular horse, and all the fans of that horse would all jump in here and gee each other up in support of that horse, it was dare I say it 'fun' right?! now you do anything like that annnnndddd nothin! or you get someone jumpin on yuh tellin yuh they don't like the inane cheerin etc, oh yuh get a few who join in but mostly your met with apathy and or derision, its the same at the races, once upon a time you could share a cheer for your fav, and there'd be a group of like minded fans keen to share news and tidbits of info about that fav, it was 'fun' and added to the excitement and enjoyment of watchin and bein involved, not to mention sharin in the buyin of merchandise of that particular horse; I have two hats on my wall that have pride of place, one is that of me all time fav the mighty Freak! and the other is of the mighty Terror!...gettin down to the stables and bein able to talk with those in charge of your particular fav (I weedled my way down to the stables yrs ago and got to see and pat Mr Feelgood that was like gold) to be able to speak to drivers and trainers about those favs, and tell other fans that I got to pat a winner of The Little Brown Jug and Inters winner (I gotta tell yuh he was so impressive lookin, just like shiny black coal); yuh hang on every word from announcers on Trackside, scan the net for the latest, I love the sport to bits, and yes I am an avid fan, but I aint the only one out there..... remember when the great CC was racin he had a whole bevey of fans followin him from track to track, Lyell had the 'Freakazoids' and I'm proud to say I was one of the best of em (kinda depended on how much booze I'd had) it's almost become a shame to be loud an proud about a fav horse, but guys, the fans spread the word, yup they do!

Cheers Iraklis

Iraklis - if you drove the winner of a group one what is the first question you would like from the guy/ gal with the lollipop even before you had saluted the judge and you also puffing from the drive/ride?     

Sorry Spike wasn't sure about your initial question, how it was aimed etc so thought I'd chuck in my thoughts, in case it was for me :rcfe-happy-2: I'd like my question to be 'Didyuhbringthebeers?' and me answer would be 'oh shit yeh!'......howzat :rcfe-like:

Cheers Iraklis