RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pottsie

Glory Days Withdrawn from Melbourne Cup Nominations.

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Marmelo is out of Cup so I’m picking D Oliver will be on Constantinople...

Ispolini out too , sounds like Hughie Morrison is very unhappy and is going to appeal. He makes quite  a good case on the surface according to the RP report .Sounds like in future if anyone bringing out a horse it would need a pre export scan immediately before departure to compare against . 

Remember Kiwi? My Vet mate is adamant that Kiwi had an issue. He said that the VRC will not take any risk of a “suspect” horse coming down and bringing half the field down in the process. The consequences of such a happening and the damage such an incident could cause is unimaginable - not to mention the bad publicity and legal nightmare if it was found that they had let a lame horse start. First and foremost, I think the Vets have every right to ensure the safety of the field, especially the horses and riders. No doubt it’s fuel for the conspiracy theorists but that’s the way it works. 

27 minutes ago, Trump said:

Remember Kiwi? My Vet mate is adamant that Kiwi had an issue. He said that the VRC will not take any risk of a “suspect” horse coming down and bringing half the field down in the process. The consequences of such a happening and the damage such an incident could cause is unimaginable - not to mention the bad publicity and legal nightmare if it was found that they had let a lame horse start. First and foremost, I think the Vets have every right to ensure the safety of the field, especially the horses and riders. No doubt it’s fuel for the conspiracy theorists but that’s the way it works. 

Totally agree about the safety and tough decision  . I think the arguement will be 1) New equipment and experience using it 2) interpretation of the scan ,  a highly respected vet with many years experience viewing scans is at odds with findings  3 ) what level of scrutiny are the home team under , are scans in place at all the locations horses trained . If safety surely they should, is every piece of work viewed by authorities  . In that case Wondonga Monday maidens should be under same protocol. I'd be interested Godolphin take on it , I think they will suck it up and move on a huge organisation and it's just a minor irritant to them in worldwide operation, of course Ispolini might be more clear cut situation .

A minefield .

57 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

They'll be extra cautious this year after deaths in the race in the last few years. Any injuries in the race will be the headline news afterwards. 

He's got one of the world's best equine surgeons who deals with multi million buck bloodstock daily saying nothing wrong with scan . Doubt they will backtrack but he's not just moaning with no backup to it . 

Racing can get so super ultra cautious and so scared of its own shadow it will end up eating itself without any help from anti racing coalition .

Added to the Marmelo situation , you've got one of best jockeys in world saying nil wrong with workout . He's got a young family , employs people no doubt to support his business of riding who rely on him  , highly respected throughout racing , he don't appear to have a worry about riding Marmelo on Tuesday . All very odd .

Godolphin being very diplomatic about it all.

18 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Added to the Marmelo situation , you've got one of best jockeys in world saying nil wrong with workout . He's got a young family , employs people no doubt to support his business of riding who rely on him  , highly respected throughout racing , he don't appear to have a worry about riding Marmelo on Tuesday . All very odd .

Godolphin being very diplomatic about it all.

Very odd that they ( including vets ) all watched him gallop at full tilt during the week. Why allow that if there is a problem....??