RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

NZTR , Animal welfare .

Good to see NZTR is on top of this , we all know race horses are a pampered lot and the general public need to know  horse welfare is a priority .

Ex Bernard's blog .

"" There has been a little lull with my weekly blog while I have been overseas, but it is pleasing to be able to resume regular transmission this week with the news that our Thoroughbred Welfare Guidelines are now complete and available online.

One event I attended while away was the International Conference of Horseracing Authorities at the beginning of October.  This international conference, which is held in Paris every year, has been bringing the main racing authorities in the world together since 1967 and New Zealand is proud to one of the around 60 members of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities (IFHA).

Welfare, as a key objective of IFHA, was an issue which was addressed in a number of presentations, including a panel discussion introduced by Nick Rust, the Chief Executive of BHA entitled: How do we define equine welfare and how have things changed and progressed in world racing over the last 20 years.

NZTR’s Deputy Chairman Victoria Carter ONZM was part of a panel later in the day with English racing presenter Rishi Persad and legendary French trainer Criquette Head which discussed – The World in Which We Operate is Changing: Perspectives on Consumer and Political Environment. ""

Nice to see the industry is confronting these issues head on , we all know the world has changed , the internet has provided people who in the past had no say with a loud voice which can be very destructive .

Hōiho Nāti.

Those macrons seem quite important; the difference between "Play/Gamble Horses of New Zealand" and "Play Strangle Yellow-Eyed Penguin of New Zealand". Though I don't know why they haven't gone with the transliteration reihi hōiho (race horse). Maybe the same reason we've gone away from the old transliteral days of the week from when I was a kid (Mane, Tūrei, Wenerei etc.) to the "Rā" days (Rāhina, Rātū, Rāapa etc).