RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Ellerslie track

Outside of the party the public stand today was very low key, the majority of those behind the tote didnt want  to be there and were more concerned about balancing their till than providing a service (cant blame them i spose ...:rcf-rich-1:)and it showed, the asian gentleman at the boozebus tote by the parade ring is deaf and dumb ( racing orientated)  .. seems a nice guy but his Racing IQ is comparable to a constipated squirrel ... The racing Folk, awesome, Shaun Ritchie, Stephen ralph are great examples but let down by all the peripheral hangers on. No matter what your job is on course its necessary  to keep people coming back :rcfe-like:

7 hours ago, Gruff said:

Outside of the party the public stand today was very low key, the majority of those behind the tote didnt want  to be there and were more concerned about balancing their till than providing a service (cant blame them i spose ...:rcf-rich-1:)and it showed, the asian gentleman at the boozebus tote by the parade ring is deaf and dumb ( racing orientated)  .. seems a nice guy but his Racing IQ is comparable to a constipated squirrel ... The racing Folk, awesome, Shaun Ritchie, Stephen ralph are great examples but let down by all the peripheral hangers on. No matter what your job is on course its necessary  to keep people coming back :rcfe-like:

Gruff , you seem a 'glass half empty ' type of character. Keen to put the knife into Ellerslie and its racedays. The folk I crossed paths with yesterday seemed very pleasant overall and a bit rough to pick out one transaction / one person for unnecessary derogatory remarks. The track was noted Dead for days leading up ,whenever I looked.

I saw a lot of folk ,young and old ,enjoying themselves

Stakes disappointing for a Saturday with a Group 3 race .

I hope you will take your concerns and game changing ideas to the ARC AGM on Tuesday.

50 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Gruff , you seem a 'glass half empty ' type of character. Keen to put the knife into Ellerslie and its racedays. The folk I crossed paths with yesterday seemed very pleasant overall and a bit rough to pick out one transaction / one person for unnecessary derogatory remarks. The track was noted Dead for days leading up ,whenever I looked.

I saw a lot of folk ,young and old ,enjoying themselves

Stakes disappointing for a Saturday with a Group 3 race .

I hope you will take your concerns and game changing ideas to the ARC AGM on Tuesday.

Not all all Tassie, always positive and love going to the Races :rcf-in-love:  I do my part being there so i expect people that work there to do theirs in a competent friendly manner, not to much to ask i would  of thought?  After i finished the Golf i crossed into the infield and when checking the odds on the infield indicator  I  noticed two things , the money on number 20 at $9.40 on the far right of the board and the heavy 10 on the left ... the knife? In the main public stand on the floor they had two machines , and when they actually accepted your money were the safer option to get your bet on,and without errors.    Game Changing ideas? My patronage benefits racecourses, if im not happy with the overall service im not going, not rocket science Tas is it?

Rail true today,raced very unfairly last time at 2.5 metres out, id suggest watching the first few races closely before taking multis involving later races. No excuses for a very good fair racing surface today so fingers crossed.Happy punting :rcfe-like: I see Des has tipped out Familia fresh today, i backed it last few times here and is underated but doesnt seem a very big horse so needs the breaks, gets an uninterupted trip the Silver Fox could be laughing

What were the crowd numbers  like . It just looked light on numbers on TV again .

With this virus thing going around Serie A playing games behind closed doors , HK and Japan no crowds at race meetings due to restrictions.  Maybe that's something  NZTR can be ahead for the game , they could advise from a vast knowledge pool built up over years how to conduct sports events to empty stadia and discourage attendees . Sanzar  rugby can get on board as they more often than not make no wear or tear on stadium seats , Super Rugby appears devoid of interest in most parts , literally you cannot give tickets away to some games .

46 minutes ago, Trump said:

Amazing to see in the Derby, the horses going 10 wide in the Home Straight!! What’s wrong with the track? 

Didnt seem to hamper London banker in the last but clearly the best horse :rcfe-like:

2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Didnt seem to hamper London banker in the last but clearly the best horse :rcfe-like:

I believe it's the new camber.

Depending on pace they can come from anywhere now.....especially when the rail is in and the track tighter.

A punters nightmare

the ellerslie track for one of their showpeice days was embarrassing....inside was obviously off ...why ?...watering

more specifically ,uneven watering

this is ridiculous ..it affects barrier draws ,it affects  punting ,it affects results.

didnt hear any of the numpties on trackside say a single word about it ..they are supposed to be experts

just sweeney droning on in monotone about nil ..what a total ballsack he is

2 hours ago, voice of reason said:

the ellerslie track for one of their showpeice days was embarrassing....inside was obviously off ...why ?...watering

this is ridiculous ..it affects barrier draws ,it affects  punting ,it affects results.

didnt hear any of the numpties on trackside say a single word about it ..they are supposed to be experts

Your voice  of reason is a little raspy tonight :rcf-sad-1:  Bevan seems like a good sort in a tough role, hes not that bad surely .? Same cant be said about the track . Its just not a fair racing surface and we have a consistent weather pattern, in changable weather its going to be a real lottery. New camber? When did that happen 100 ?

4 hours ago, voice of reason said:

Seemed a fair track to me.

Most of the winners seemed to be racing one or two out from rail, one saved ground on turn by sticking to rail ,while some horses boomed home out wide to go close.

Good draws an advantage as usual, some horses went wide in straight in Derby to avoid weakening leaders ,as usual

Most favourites went close to winning.

Seemed to suit most horses.

The top trainers and jockeys came thru ,those who show up most Derby and Group 1 days !

We have been in serious drought ,yet the track seemed fair.

Overall a good days racing with good atmosphere IMO.

Very civilised.

9 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Most of the winners seemed to be racing one or two out from rail, one saved ground on turn by sticking to rail ,while some horses boomed home out wide to go close.

Good draws an advantage as usual, some horses went wide in straight in Derby to avoid weakening leaders ,as usual

The top trainers and jockeys came thru ,those who show up most Derby and Group 1 days !

Very civilised.

I like your positivity Tasman - and I agree it was a great day to be on track.

But we will agree to disagree on the track - we were in an area past the winning post on the start of the corner. It seemed very obvious that the inside was off as we could see the field head on down the straight - not many going the inner unless they had too.

Connecting dots you wonder if something went wrong with the irrigation - as happens at a racetrack there were a few rumours going round about "manual" watering as there was a problem with the irrigation system. But I have to say that is me passing on gossip. 

In any event a great day and some very nice horses running around. Tough on the punt though !

11 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Very civilised.

Rose coloured glasses as always.Serious drought :rcfe-laughing:

15 hours ago, chelseacol said:

I like your positivity Tasman - and I agree it was a great day to be on track.

But we will agree to disagree on the track - we were in an area past the winning post on the start of the corner. It seemed very obvious that the inside was off as we could see the field head on down the straight - not many going the inner unless they had too.

Connecting dots you wonder if something went wrong with the irrigation - as happens at a racetrack there were a few rumours going round about "manual" watering as there was a problem with the irrigation system. But I have to say that is me passing on gossip. 

In any event a great day and some very nice horses running around. Tough on the punt though !

Great you got there from mainland col.......when the bigger money up jockeys don't like being unlucky with pretty ride so get out a little wider and get the momentum into motion.

IMO the Derby is the best race of Year in NZ with the best stake.

The field usually at max , 18 starters ,and the best trainers and jockeys really target the race.

Many of the starters don't find the line so the stayers generally like to get clear air and out running prior to turn.

Invariably the drifting leaders are struggling just before the turn.

Saturdays Derby was a great race IMO , won by a brilliant ride in good time ...best time for decades !

Prior to the race there were 2 x hotties ,potential stars plus only 2 horses seen as a winning chance...these 4 were first 4 home !!!

Pike / James / Marsh / O'S - Scott with Baker and Richards absent.

MWalker /Colgan / DJohnson / Waddell.......Coleman next ,no females ever must be rare !

Walker brilliant...got handy with eye out for hotties knowing DL vulnerable and Two Illicit likely to explode at 500.

She went up wide so  mWalker went too forcing her wider while DL swept up inside them.

Walker forced Two Illicit wider and outstayed her ,DL hit the wall and only 3 others found the line but two of those in last trio so missed the boat.

The first three at the 200 were the widest on track cos they were basically watching Two Illicit come wide to surge clear as she did in previous two starts !

VColgan knows the Derby.

Every Derby has the leaders caving in prior to turn and contenders coming wide !
Even Habibi who was 4 back scrapping paint , got wide and cleared the drifters on turn

Xcellent came 10 wide and was nearly bumped by fav Cheval De Troy who swept up and lead 6 wide. King Johnny got 3rd late , 12 wide !

Take a look at the 2014 Derby , the Sponsor ,Trump of Mercedes looked bewildered at the result as he stood with hot favs owner Sir Pat.

Most of the winners on Saturday were in running line and came through where most Ellerslie do.....ever wondered why jockeys walk the straight pre-races ?

The Derby in 2020 ,a great tactical ride IMO.....clear first picks...1 ,2 3 & 4 !

Times very good , good races.......can't buy the track was OFF.......OFF to who , how off ?

14 hours ago, Gruff said:

Rose coloured glasses as always.Serious drought :rcfe-laughing:

Not at all Gruff ,I was very critical of that start which caused a scratching and reportedly bloodied some noses plus I found the ticket seller you detest who was usually counting her float when bets were wanted...I nearly told her if she was happy at work then she should wake up and tell her face about it...but Im not that gruff and I avoided her and concluded it was only sizzle and couldn't take my mind off the sausage....Derby Day !

On the day I spoke to several Group 1 winning trainers , jockeys , top media folk, strappers ,syndicators ,regular punters , young folk ,old racegoers ,Administrators from other clubs , Raceform editors , breeders and Owners, restaurant owners and jockeys of past generations , jockey managers and Boys Get Paid selectors !

All were pleased to be there ,having a good time......NOT A SINGLE ONE said they thought the track was off !

Yet when I get home and read Racecafe....there was not one mention of NZ's top race for top stake....DERBY .....or the winner Sherwood Forest  or Friar PIKE .

Just the usual bullshit......the track was OFF , didn't seem much of a crowd there , the top filly got beat. 

Bloody hell......your mothers should have named you Mona !!!

The only thing off were those harness races from Mohawk.....being held in heavy snowing....on Derby Day !

Wasnt on Track unfortunately Tassie and i never said the track was off ????  i said there was a consistency issue, which makes it harder to extrapolate winners but  ive mostly enjoyed Ellerslie Race Days. Mona is something ive never been, and i usually just take disapointing customer service on the Chin and walk away like most New Zealanders. Ive never had an issue with small crowds, i have been a regular at most racedays waikato north and even tripped to New plymouth and enjoyed them all....yet when i drop an opinion qualified through course experience its met with you calling it bullshit. I detest nobody, we are only Human but would appreciate people who employ staff to do a job make sure they are capable of doing it ...unreasonable?  Can you do another poster a favour and find out the exact time Iron eagles race started please :rcfe-like: 

4 hours ago, Gruff said:

Wasnt on Track unfortunately Tassie and i never said the track was off ????  i said there was a consistency issue, which makes it harder to extrapolate winners but  ive mostly enjoyed Ellerslie Race Days. Mona is something ive never been, and i usually just take disapointing customer service on the Chin and walk away like most New Zealanders. Ive never had an issue with small crowds, i have been a regular at most racedays waikato north and even tripped to New plymouth and enjoyed them all....yet when i drop an opinion qualified through course experience its met with you calling it bullshit. I detest nobody, we are only Human but would appreciate people who employ staff to do a job make sure they are capable of doing it ...unreasonable?  Can you do another poster a favour and find out the exact time Iron eagles race started please :rcfe-like: 

Correction....its 2004 Mercedes Derby to check bewildered Trump with hot fav owner Sir Patrick....Trump heard to say "Should have gone wider' Sir !

As to start time query......I always wary of first time posters .

Usually 2 x sides to every story........can be hard to "gather the facts".

There are risks to betting , other than fact that 95% of us lose. Ive always known if I had a bet on , a yellow slip , a printed ticket or on computer as confirmed with new balance.

If I have an issue / query in Racing I go to the appropriate source.

I don't think that is social media , which can be of interest at times !

Place bets as soon as possible if keen to get on.....I often get shut out cos I rely on the last minute.

I'd get nothing done if it wasn't for the last minute !:rcf-crying-1: