RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Catalano

Valley track walker

The Valley track report: Inside word from a trackwalker

TRACK REPORT

5:34pm by Punters.com.au

The Valley track is set to be beneficial to on-speed horses pretty close to the rail, an experienced trackwalker has told Punters.com.au.

"The track is borderline Good 4/Good 3 but with the root structure there, I expect they will run good time."

"The track has been watered heavily Tuesday and Wednesday night (13mm each night) and then they have just let it dry out Thursday and Friday. 

"The track is pretty even, it just has some slight advantages from back-to-back [rail] true meetings, and some compaction from tyre marks from the machinery used on the turf.

"From the 1000m-500m mark, the inside four lanes are best with minor advantage in lanes two and three. 

"From the 500m-200m, lanes 1-5 are good and lanes 1.5-4 are the best - they just have that residual compaction from the two meetings with the rail in the true. 

"In the straight, lanes 1-4 are best, lanes five and six are in play with the right tempo. Lanes 7-10 are slightly softer and would need horses in the inside four lanes really stopping quickly to win.

"I think the right on pace horses in lanes 1-4 will be very hard to beat."

Thunderstorms and hail were being predicted earlier but temp has been in the 30's last day or so...it's a wait and see.

Great racing both nights with Bivouac in the Manikato tonight and really keen to see Lys Gracieux in the Cox Plate.

Moonee Valley Cup looks a match between Humidor ( 112 rater on 55kg ?!) and Mr Quickie.

All the best with Consensus.

57 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Thunderstorms and hail were being predicted earlier but temp has been in the 30's last day or so...it's a wait and see.

Great racing both nights with Bivouac in the Manikato tonight and really keen to see Lys Gracieux in the Cox Plate.

Moonee Valley Cup looks a match between Humidor ( 112 rater on 55kg ?!) and Mr Quickie.

All the best with Consensus.

I think one the overseas horses will win the MV Cup...Mr Quickie has been lame this week...Humidor I think is a light of yester year...Just my opinion....

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I think one the overseas horses will win the MV Cup...Mr Quickie has been lame this week...Humidor I think is a light of yester year...Just my opinion....

First post on thread  track report said on speed horses close to rails , drawn 3 MV Cup Hunting Horn out quick , gets rails and rolls along . He can tear round the Yank turns ok and Chester so Valley should be  fine. His Royal Ascot run 2 lengths behind the ARC  winner in race jam  packed with multiple Group 1 winners Inc last year's Arc second reads well .He has been used as pacemaker a few times this season  , last up 66/1 ridden by McNamara he  was there to set pace for Magical and rest of Ballydoyle team in Irish Champion .He is doing his own thing tomorrow. .