RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

MELBOURNE CUP COMP

OK I want to run a comp on the Cup, any ideas from you all would be great and the best option will be chosen as the comp for the MC. I have some ideas but would love input from everyone.

There will be a prize for the winning comp...$50.00 bet on a horse of the winners choosing...that will be seperate to the MC prize...lets see what we can come up with RaceCafer's.  Good Luck.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

OK I want to run a comp on the Cup, any ideas from you all would be great and the best option will be chosen as the comp for the MC. I have some ideas but would love input from everyone.

There will be a prize for the winning comp...$50.00 bet on a horse of the winners choosing...that will be seperate to the MC prize...lets see what we can come up with RaceCafer's.  Good Luck.

Don’t forget my winnings Scooby.....

9 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

You want to use it on here??? Lets use it on something on Derby day??? Then they can back up into the last two days as you were suggesting??? Just PM me the rules and we will sort it.

Ok I’m easy. You decide mate. All good!

I’d go Derby Day Group 1 races only (I think there’s about 4 Group 1!races.  The most “wins” - wins a Melb Cup bet. If a tie, then count back on number of points from the dead heaters on a 3/2/1 basis. $100 win and two quinellas dividing the balance. Any winnings go to the charity you choose, but the Charity must be linked to Thoroughbred Racing. What do you think?

I reckon do 12 head to heads based on the fixed odds price market at 6pm Monday (alphabetical order same quote) 

So you have 1/2 fav 3/4 fav so on and so forth , will give every competitor in the comp a chance even if you first pick runs down the track :rcfe-like:

Another fav of mine Pick four horses and add their combined finishing positions...

e.g You pick 1st 2nd 3rd and last ... 30 points 

And with ties countback goes to the best finishing positions

Scooby, regarding my offer to “re-invest” my winnings into a comp. May I suggest this: A comp where on Derby Day at Flemington, participants get one pick in all races on the card. The entrant with the most “wins” gets my $ to bet on a horse in the MC. The winnings (If any) to go to the Thoroughbred related Charity of your (you Scooby) choice. If there’s a tie in the number of wins, then the count back will be on the number of G1 wins. If a further count back, then G2 wins. What do you think?