RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Why is it so?

Michael Walker, one of NZ and Oz’s best jockeys, fresh from a Geelong Cup triumph on Prince of Aran, has just “ONE” ride at The Valley on Cox Plate day - Consensus in the last! WTF is wrong here? How can such a successful Jockey get only one ride? It’s a regular thing happening in the City. He gets thrown the crumbs here and there. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

Michael Walker, one of NZ and Oz’s best jockeys, fresh from a Geelong Cup triumph on Prince of Aran, has just “ONE” ride at The Valley on Cox Plate day - Consensus in the last! WTF is wrong here? How can such a successful Jockey get only one ride? It’s a regular thing happening in the City. He gets thrown the crumbs here and there. 

Beats me totally  , I always see it as a plus when I am backing one of his rides .I cannot recall him making many mistakes and always seems to give horse every chance . Hope he wins a decent one this Spring .

Hi Trumpy and Red Michael is one of our best jockeys to   ever leave our shores, would be in the top 10 IMHO. I think MW carries a lot of injuries and he seems to monitor how many rides he accepts .Usually after a hard ride ie in Geelong he cuts back at his next meeting. Im sure he will get 2 or 3 rides each day of the carnival .Most trainers have their stable jockeys especially these young ones .He's one jockey you always want to be on thats for sure .Cheers BH

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Beats me totally  , I always see it as a plus when I am backing one of his rides .I cannot recall him making many mistakes and always seems to give horse every chance . Hope he wins a decent one this Spring .

Chris Waller uses him a lot in Melbourne.....the win on Brimham Rocks being a good example.

The Aussie punters I know can't stand him. The thinking is that if you need a miracle ride on a roughie he can pop up and do the job, but if you need a straightforward ride on a favourite (particularly in a sprint) he's legless. He physically strong enough to be able to lift horses over the line in longer races, but not mentally sharp enough to make good split-second decisions in sprint races (which means he ends up in bad spots, occasionally pulling out the miracle win from four-back the fence).

He's won just three of his last 14 rides on favourites in races shorter than 1600m. In eight rides on favourites at 2000m+ in the past 12 months he's won four. He's won five of his 29 rides this month, four of those five wins at 2000m+.