RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

@#$#&en crap TAB website can....

someone please inform me how to locate Final Field markets for Ashburton Trot Group races on Monday. I realise that this is a galloping forum but the process to locate final field  NZ odds for meetings not listed on the main menu days headings must apply to both codes. I know the markets are open as a mate had a bet at an outlet on one of the races.

$50,000,000 plus spent on an abomination of a betting platform that should be a total embarrassment to whoever the buffoons were that approved and developed it. The bloody thing has only 4 days at a time listed in the day menu so any early markets that come out 5 or 6 days prior to the raceday don't appear and it becomes a mission to find them. It would be easier to find Wally or Wally's as you wouldn't have to look far as you only have to begin at Head Office of the TAB in Jackson Street.   Remembering that this nightmare was sold to the Industry and Punters as been easier and quicker to use. I remember one clown coming on  here saying that it was only old people who couldn't use it, $#%K me how can you use something when you can't find it. 1 click in the past to go to markets like I am looking for when it was the old bet site now you click half dozen times and still can't find what your looking for.

How %$%^en hard would it have been to list 6 days on the main menu to make your customers use of the site easier, no doubt the mugs who designed and approved it had no clues that final field markets sometimes come out 6 days prior to the meeting. You ever heard the saying 'they wouldn't know what day of the week it was' well that couldn't apply better than with this TAB outfit.   

Go back to the old site add cashout and it becomes a far better platform to use for all concerned and would leave the new one where it belongs 'obsolete'.  

Thanks AB I found the fields okay on the TAB web site under PDF race form they were up yesterday but no idea where the Final Field odds are. They are there somewhere but where I have no idea just like the help desk person I phoned who couldn't find them either, they said they can't be up yet even though I told them they must be as you have sold an agency ticket on a selection.

Maybe you can only bet early Final Field options at an agency who would know.

4 hours ago, LightsOut said:

F%^$ me thanks, I asked couple of mates to find them for me and they had no luck as well finding them. Bad news is the 3 of us obviously need glasses but the good news is we will be able to negotiate a joint discount at Spec Savers :rcfe-money:

You think you have problems. Try staying up for Happy Valley races. The midnight hour throws the website into a tizz and also the fact Hong Kong does not allow fixed odds bets. The website was written for sports betting so without fixed odds its totally confused.

On a technical note the real time updating of tote odds slows considerably in the last few minutes before a race. This is a cop out as it means there is less stress on the system whereas the old system kept updating every few seconds before the race. Proof positive that the new system is technically inferior. With commingling I would assume Australian bettors are at an advantage compared to NZ punters. 

Procuring the website would have to be the worst business decision ever made in NZ. 

Another problem to add to the list. Yesterday I couldn’t put money into my account. Tried a few times and finally got through to operator who said yes they were having problems and to try later. Also said to check my account in case money had gone through twice. Sure enough it had. Rang them today and they credited my account. One way to get figures up I suppose. One can only imagine what it’s going to be like on Melbourne Cup day!, 

On 10/24/2019 at 11:31 AM, LightsOut said:

Thanks AB I found the fields okay on the TAB web site under PDF race form they were up yesterday but no idea where the Final Field odds are. They are there somewhere but where I have no idea just like the help desk person I phoned who couldn't find them either, they said they can't be up yet even though I told them they must be as you have sold an agency ticket on a selection.

Maybe you can only bet early Final Field options at an agency who would know.

Not sure why some of the help desk people are there, the few times I have rung for help they dont know the answer, the amount of times you go on hold while they go and ask a supervisor who doesnt know either hahaha .. you end up just giving up, they dont really give a toss.

23 hours ago, Everton said:

Not sure why some of the help desk people are there, the few times I have rung for help they dont know the answer, the amount of times you go on hold while they go and ask a supervisor who doesnt know either hahaha .. you end up just giving up, they dont really give a toss.

Yes totally embarrassing situation and yet they still wonder why turnover is down 

40 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

What the hell!

For three days I have tried to get the TAB results page.  No show.

I posted my concern on Racecafe and, alleluia; it works!

No surprise the site is a total joke but unfortunately the outfit that sold it to the TAB is laughing not the punters. 

When the simple stuff that Joe Average (racing) punter uses on a daily basis was overlooked at the time of the much-vaunted, but very late launch, it was obvious that this was a very expensive dog rather than an investment in the future.

Nine months down the track and still some things are unavailable For instance, I can't access a list of scratchings for upcoming NZ meetings that we are pre-selling on (like on Friday for Saturday). The only available scratching lists are for today's meetings only. 

Having to click on each race on the NZ site to find scratchings is ridiculous considering I can go to racenet.au and see the very list I want. Perhaps Aussie wants my punting $$$ more than the NZ TAB does??

According to Michael Dore he wasn't consulted on the design and features(lack of) of the website. 

I find that extraordinary. Michael Dore had over 30 years dealing with customer issues including any problems surfacing re the previous website. Just what kind of management is that???  Its like designing a website for police without consulting frontline officers. 

Listen to John Allen in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeTl2V9aNzkWhat gets me is given the almost universal negativity about the website why no official inquiry. What brought about the maniacal support by John Allen?  Why hasn't Dean Mackenzie roundly condemned John Allen?

If i was involved with this new format i would of commited suicide, making money for your family is one thing but destroying an industry is another. These losers produce Carbon dioxide if your a warmist :rcfe-surprise: