RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
flockofewes2

~the Cox plate..intriguing..

2 hours ago, Catalano said:

It would be very interesting to compile a list on NZ trained runners in Aussie Group 1 races and the barrier draws that have been allocated - I may be a conspiracy theorist, but has anyone else wondered why we always seem to draw the carpark - we can't be that unlucky!?

The draw for the Cox Plate had the horses drawn out of a hat and the connections then choosing which draw they wanted. It would take some doing to make sure Te Akau Shark was the last name left in the hat, not to mention that he has no chance anyway so why would you bother?

1 minute ago, chiknsmack said:

The draw for the Cox Plate had the horses drawn out of a hat and the connections then choosing which draw they wanted. It would take some doing to make sure Te Akau Shark was the last name left in the hat, not to mention that he has no chance anyway so why would you bother?

Yes, I remember Waterhouse picking the outside barrier a few years back.

I probably should have put this question on another thread.

12 minutes ago, chiknsmack said:

If a maiden can win win the CP then why can’t TAS? This is not an overly strong CP and if he had won the Epsom, instead of being beaten by a flared nostril, would you have a different opinion? I think has got a good chance to slingshot the field - but he has to get past VE and JMAc first! 

39 minutes ago, Trump said:

If a maiden can win win the CP then why can’t TAS? This is not an overly strong CP and if he had won the Epsom, instead of being beaten by a flared nostril, would you have a different opinion? I think has got a good chance to slingshot the field - but he has to get past VE and JMAc first! 

Not overly strong..?? Hardly weak is it.....the Internationals have competed at the highest levels.

17 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Not overly strong..?? Hardly weak is it.....the Internationals have competed at the highest levels.

Bit money for Magic Wand and she will do for me ew  , she has travelled ok this year and got round Chester and the tightish US tracks well .Latest rating 114 plus she gets  her allowance  and COGH showed 110 horse on good day can do it in OZ at the moment , this harder though  than Caulfield ..Goes on any going , the listed race at Royal Ascot on soft  where she was 2/16 has been well franked by 1st and 3rd after . Addeyeb pushed Magical on Saturday and Elarqam been going well in top company .

Looking forward to seeing Jamie Spencer on Danceteria one of my   favorite jockeys. Reason is he is a big  hold up merchant , I've been on track and in crowded betting shops when it's not gone right it's quite funny as punters lay into him , next ride boom he nails it and he is the king . Went down to Lingfield winter time years ago was freezing  , racing on the AW . Had decent bet for me on evens fav called Silvertown named  after the docks in London , I planned to  cover my costs plus night out after sort of thing , Jamie absolutely took the maximum  piss upsides double handfull never pressed button  won a short head . Powerscourt 2005 Arlington Million was good ride , he got nailed for it and copped shit  but horse bolted up and lost race  , would have kept in UK and Ireland and been lauded as a master ride .

Ironically for hold up merchant Side Glance ride was a masterpiece in Mackinnon,  slid to front and tucked those OZ jocks to bedtime as he set his own pace and kicked .Not a fan of Danceteria Saturday though .

If they try and stack them up up front, I’m sure that JMac and a couple of others won’t hesitate to take it up to them from the 800m peg. Unless there’s a good fit front runner in the field that can stick it out over the last 200m, then VE and TAS can come over the top of them - if they are good enough. 

5 hours ago, Gruff said:

The Shark had to round them up over shorter with a weight disadvantage,and they had perfect trips and a kick. The ride will be key, and this looks a jockeys race this year unlike recent editions. With rain you must say Avilius goes close :rcf-rich-1: ... but im hoping James Mcdonald can produce the headlines:rcfe-smile:

re tactics: maybe OP has got a licence to thrill by starting his run on TAS from the 800-700m mark ...a la Bonecrusher ...he will need to get going early to have any chance of coming over the top of this lot

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Bit money for Magic Wand and she will do for me ew  , she has travelled ok this year and got round Chester and the tightish US tracks well .Latest rating 114 plus she gets  her allowance  and COGH showed 110 horse on good day can do it in OZ at the moment , this harder though  than Caulfield ..Goes on any going , the listed race at Royal Ascot on soft  where she was 2/16 has been well franked by 1st and 3rd after . Addeyeb pushed Magical on Saturday and Elarqam been going well in top company .

Looking forward to seeing Jamie Spencer on Danceteria one of my   favorite jockeys. Reason is he is a big  hold up merchant , I've been on track and in crowded betting shops when it's not gone right it's quite funny as punters lay into him , next ride boom he nails it and he is the king . Went down to Lingfield winter time years ago was freezing  , racing on the AW . Had decent bet for me on evens fav called Silvertown named  after the docks in London , I planned to  cover my costs plus night out after sort of thing , Jamie absolutely took the maximum  piss upsides double handfull never pressed button  won a short head . Powerscourt 2005 Arlington Million was good ride , he got nailed for it and copped shit  but horse bolted up and lost race  , would have kept in UK and Ireland and been lauded as a master ride .

Ironically for hold up merchant Side Glance ride was a masterpiece in Mackinnon,  slid to front and tucked those OZ jocks to bedtime as he set his own pace and kicked .Not a fan of Danceteria Saturday though .

Couldn't have Magic Wand RR...won 2 out of 19, none at Group one level. Lys Gracieux looks a moral on her form.

2 hours ago, weasel57 said:

re tactics: maybe OP has got a licence to thrill by starting his run on TAS from the 800-700m mark ...a la Bonecrusher ...he will need to get going early to have any chance of coming over the top of this lot

When was the last time we saw a runner make a run early :rcf-thinking:, pressure goes on from 650 m but theres always a void after early positions and you can guarantee the handbrake will go on ... knife edge

11 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

I see they are forecasting some rain Friday and possible thunderstorms and hail on Saturday.....!?

After running a meeting on Friday, that MV track could be a right mess come Cox Plate time.

Hunting Horn is  in MV Cup, drawn 3 . If he goes like he did in Man O War Stakes this year he will test their stamina .. Race time was third fastest in 21 years and was run down very late . Final 100 metres might be his undoing though but if they let him get a gap they will have problems .

Chief Ironside is in the mile , he  was completely  untested in Toorak , moved up but wall of horses and jockey just cruised in . Be better off in a  handicap but I might roll the dice with him.

Much will depend on the weather. If that rain arrives it could change things completely.

Lys Gracieux obviously the one to beat, she is right up there with Almond Eye and Co in Japan. Heard Mark Guest say that Mer de Glace who won the Caulfield Cup was only number 47 in the Jap quality list....makes you think....!

Not sure about her on wet tracks, but if track stays good, she is right in it.

If it rains, Avilius, Verry Ellegant look very good value at current odds. Castelvecchio for first four with that light weight.

Good luck with whatever you fancy....:rcfe-like:

On 10/24/2019 at 8:01 AM, Red Rum said:

Hunting Horn is  in MV Cup, drawn 3 . If he goes like he did in Man O War Stakes this year he will test their stamina .. Race time was third fastest in 21 years and was run down very late . Final 100 metres might be his undoing though but if they let him get a gap they will have problems .

Chief Ironside is in the mile , he  was completely  untested in Toorak , moved up but wall of horses and jockey just cruised in . Be better off in a  handicap but I might roll the dice with him.

Goodonya RR....Hope you got plenty.....:rcfe-like:

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Goodonya RR....Hope you got plenty.....:rcfe-like:

Jamie at his best doing his party piece on Chief Ironside OM  .

CP winner awesome , great run by TAS . Wonder if they stick to 2000 as be a tough nut to crack in Mackinnon. Got a cracking rails run .

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Sure was RR. Richard's said TAS coming home to spell though I thought while he's on top of his game would be an ideal time to go for a $2mill prize in a fortnight but what would I know.

Makes be kind of believe the hype a wee bit Blue , they really looking after him instead of racing arse off him . QE2 in April worth 4 mill. Others will be pleased to see him on plane home .

10 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Jamie at his best doing his party piece on Chief Ironside OM  .

CP winner awesome , great run by TAS . Wonder if they stick to 2000 as be a tough nut to crack in Mackinnon. Got a cracking rails run .

Yes, Lys Gracieux lived up to all the hype, second rated them really..another great Damian Lane ride..is he on fire or what...??!

The Shark coming home for a break now, think they know he will be better with time.