RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Memphis2

ABs Awesome

Great effort by the ABs. Total team effort from 1-23. Ireland had no answers from the first minute. 

And im hoping the Zpoms cop the same treatment. Can't see why not. Can't see us going backwards from here on in. Pretty proud of them today. Played at a different pace and level. 

Not so awesome v England and it’s time for a clean out- coaching and players. Bring on new blood - Brad Weber a must. Mo’unga not up to the pressure, playing BB at fullback, the mucking around in the forwards - Reid on the side after playing No 8 all his career! They should have played in Wallaby jerseys - they played like Wallabies :) Eddie Jones made Hansen look like he stayed too long, but he (Hansen) was so classy in defeat. A great Coach.  England deserved winners - even if Nigel believed the Press that he favours NZ!

AB's reverted to tactics of old.    Kick away possession whether by lineouts or fairly aimless stuff in field of play - can't remember a Pom being put under pressure by an AB kick whereas on the few times they kicked 3 or 4 of them arrived to apply pressure same time as the ball.     Poms backed themselves to retain the ball for wave after wave whereas AB's tactic seemed to always hoof it down field.   Wonder if this something from Hansen or Foster or a carryover from Smith who employed the kicking tactic ad nauseum.      I also found it strange that AB forwards  often let the Poms recycle by not contesting the breakdowns/rucks.     Jones appeared to also have done his homework on the ref - once ref had made his glance that defensive line was onside they then all moved up as he never looked again behind his back. 

IMO the win against Ireland covered up a few cracks that have been appearing since that loss to Aussie.

Ireland were beaten by Japan,when they were so desperate to win and avoid the Kiwis.Ireland overated.

Rettalick a passenger last night,Williams a one trick pony(ballout of the back of his hand),Cane still not at his best after neck surgery,Reid,affected by injury earlier this year.

The confrontational running with the ball didn't work,England took them on and pushed them back,devoid of ideas they kept doing it.

I'm just pleased that,hopefully,i won't have to view that Vodaphone advert anymore.Go Beaudy,thats a wrap.

Geez

i hope Cartman is ok.

i knew the all blackscs needed to spend more work on their ha ha haka

four more years boys.

dont despair kiwis you are still the best at sheep dog trials.

its a beautiful day.

21 minutes ago, pogo(aus) said:

Geez

i hope Cartman is ok.

i knew the all blackscs needed to spend more work on their ha ha haka

four more years boys.

dont despair kiwis you are still the best at sheep dog trials.

its a beautiful day.

Never going to beat that World Cup winning side Pogues, but at least they are the best in the Southern Hemisphere nO :rcfe-like:

On 10/27/2019 at 7:40 AM, eljay said:

AB's reverted to tactics of old.    Kick away possession whether by lineouts or fairly aimless stuff in field of play - can't remember a Pom being put under pressure by an AB kick whereas on the few times they kicked 3 or 4 of them arrived to apply pressure same time as the ball.     Poms backed themselves to retain the ball for wave after wave whereas AB's tactic seemed to always hoof it down field.   Wonder if this something from Hansen or Foster or a carryover from Smith who employed the kicking tactic ad nauseum.      I also found it strange that AB forwards  often let the Poms recycle by not contesting the breakdowns/rucks.     Jones appeared to also have done his homework on the ref - once ref had made his glance that defensive line was onside they then all moved up as he never looked again behind his back. 

Kicks were poorly executed on the night. They kept doing them cause they could find no other way through the defence.

Standing off at rucks/breakdowns is a tactic the AB's often employ (recall the Boks try in the opening game.).

The Ref shouldn't need to have a second glance, because he has the TMO's to Police the off side line.

Richie Mo’unga - great home player but up against the big guys - a failure. Moving the worlds best player from flyhalf was Hansen’s big error. Playing players out of position for a World Cup a big mistake. At least a big clean out is assured and I hope it’s “ALL” the coaching staff. They have had their chance.

Hope you don't get the AB coaching job Mr Trump

Mo'unga is a star and the future of the All Blacks.

Can't see a big clean out coming up in the players ranks.David Havili is one player I'd be putting back in the system asap.

And we need a quality number 6.Be nice to get Squire back.

10 minutes ago, Memphis2 said:

Hope you don't get the AB coaching job Mr Trump

Mo'unga is a star and the future of the All Blacks.

Can't see a big clean out coming up in the players ranks.David Havili is one player I'd be putting back in the system asap.

And we need a quality number 6.Be nice to get Squire back.

Agreed Memphis ,tho unsure about Tasman Man Squire !

Hansen has had a great tenure and he knew the worlds best #10 was also the world's best #15 and he needed a better goal kicker than Barrett who can be erratic !

Now that would be a huge mistake....relying on an erratic kicker.

Also Barrett easier to contain at #10 than #15 !

And Mo'unga had no influence on the lineouts or forward play where the AB's got decimated .

Hansen hails from Mosgiel , next block down from EJ Didham and Baghdad Note ,and has been an astute coach.

Who could have picked that England would 'click' on the key day....didn't they lose to 6 x countries in 2018 and Wales twice this season ?

Eddie got lucky......Steve not so much !

South Africa should be able to match their power even on a good day !

Yes Gaz hope you are in rude health.

On his day Squire from Tasman can be quite damaging.

Better going forward tho.We've had so many good 6s over the last 12-15 years we have been a little  spoiled.

What do you think of my other Tasman man Havili.Played really well in the Mitre 10 and never let us down at test level.

The injury to D Mac sort of forced Shags hand but I think he had always fancied Beaudie at the back.

Yep last Sat just wasn't our day.WE just couldn't get traction.4 more years.

Last nights game was more like it and they seemed pretty keen to send everyone out a winner.

End of an era now mate.Onwards and upwards.

More than luck involved in getting the win last week.

They had a plan.

We had the same plan we have had for years,boom bash,boom bash but this time the English boomed and bashed back and the All Blacks were devoid of how to change the game plan.

Last night was an exhibition game.Crap followed by more crap.

They finished 3rd and thats what they deserved.

Thank god the comp is coming to an end.

7 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

More than luck involved in getting the win last week.

They had a plan.

We had the same plan we have had for years,boom bash,boom bash but this time the English boomed and bashed back and the All Blacks were devoid of how to change the game plan.

Last night was an exhibition game.Crap followed by more crap.

They finished 3rd and thats what they deserved.

Thank god the comp is coming to an end.

You seem a bit extra grizzly there .

Surely you enjoyed the precision hakas , and all the happy news from our new Japanese friends and fans even when the typhoon was killing their people.

And meeting the AB's families and cute kids and seeing everyone bowing to the locals.

Nothing else has mattered for weeks !

If England win ,one could argue NZ deserved to be second having already beaten SA.

Previous games between the two nations have only produced the odd try ,with most points from kicks  so things could be quite tight as the kegs on legs test each other.

Couple of things that annoy me about rugby

1. The passing the ball behind decoy runners.its not gridiron they are playing.

.2.How much advantage should a ref play.In one play Last night advantage for Eng went on for about 10 phases.Far too long imo.

Just pleased its over for another 4 years.Well and truly overated event.

Samoa,Fiji,Tonga,Italy,Australia,Scotland,Canada,USA all gone backwards.The game just isn't growing.

Provincial Rugby and club rugby in NZ in a downward spiral.Things need to change.

30 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Couple of things that annoy me about rugby

1. The passing the ball behind decoy runners.its not gridiron they are playing.

.2.How much advantage should a ref play.In one play Last night advantage for Eng went on for about 10 phases.Far too long imo.

Just pleased its over for another 4 years.Well and truly overated event.

Samoa,Fiji,Tonga,Italy,Australia,Scotland,Canada,USA all gone backwards.The game just isn't growing.

Provincial Rugby and club rugby in NZ in a downward spiral.Things need to change.

Fair comment grizzly ,thats the way the game has evolved.

The guy with the whistle has tremendous influence and tho the real controversial stuff was largely absent in final , the advantage he played was bizarre ,in fact he denied a couple of shots at goal which was the main aim of both teams.The SA scrum got on front foot and were then able to collapse and/or pack and drive on angle yet win the kickable penalties.But the English experienced props should have done much better.

Rugby has gotten like league , too much is played by people on the ground ( pile ups) and modern laws make it almost impossible to win the ball after a tackle.Crooked throws to scrum and lineout now the norm ,so they too not a contest .Players can stand off side ,get ahead of kickoffs and run in front of ball carrier and use hands in ruck and the ref lets players offend at times and warn them back while at others just ping em !

But the laws are there for everyone to play to ,and the refs to ref on.......but it is a mess, often a mystery.

Rugby remains a big ,big deal to Kiwis.