RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

Thoughts for the memory of our Bob Morris

Bob always took the direct positive action.

As he did yesterday.Bless him.

At Cambridge JC committee meetings ,Bob would pound the Meeting Table so hard, that ( Secretary ) Gail Barkla's type writer would fall off the table.

Bob was influential in getting Alan L Jones elected as the first ( ?) Licenced Trainer on a Racing Club Committee.

Trainers were previously barred.

Retaining the Cambridge JC  and developing rentable Barns for our future Trainers has been seen to profit 20 years on.

Bob was for ever denounching the increasing Race Day ground rentals , paid by our CJC  for Te Rapa ( Herbie Dyke) ..

As an owner Trainer, Bob Morris never put front plates on his young gallopers. This unnerved Gary Edge .

Thank you Bob for being part of our family for 60 years.

Rev

A Stockman, horseman, gentleman and all round  Champion.

I have known Bob for many years, a wonderful mentor for me when I first came to Cambridge as a trainer.

His advice, knowledge and willingness to help young people in the industry is unsurpassed, and it is such a pity a book wasn’t written about his life experiences, and life skills that made him the man he was.

RIP Bob, you will be long remembered in my horsey world!