RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Caulfield Cup Field?

55 minutes ago, pogo(aus) said:

Within 3 years the race has everyone either applauding the concept or whinging about it because they feel threatened.

any neutral or fair minded person would recognise that.

but you throw up turnover as a measure.

:D

Ask people who are on course. Ask Waller, Bowman etc. They believe the Worlds richest horse race has revitalized interest - in  NSW especially.

Gold Mount retired suspensory , staying in OZ at owners stud in retirement . Red Verdon  some cuts to legs in the barging match up straight .

Avilius got to gallop tomorrow as some blood in nostril after work the other day .

Might have done the reserves a favour not getting in Saturday , doubt any the three would have beaten winner and avoided the bundle up straight . Only 11 in at Geelong Wednesday . 

3 hours ago, Trump said:

The word from Werribee about TRUE SELF should be needed after what Mer De Glacé did last Sat.

Or heeded.......;)

Luke Murrell from Australian Bloodstock reckons Lys Gracieux has 4-6 lengths on MDG so Cox Plate a formality....?

3 hours ago, Trump said:

The word from Werribee about TRUE SELF should be needed after what Mer De Glacé did last Sat.

Interesting Geelong Cup indeed, smaller tactical field thats been won with a sharp sprint in recent editions with similar numbers...What did you make of Hartnells unlucky run in Caulfield Cup? a  race like the Zipping Classic looks ready made , and Mr Quickie , looks Huge if gets cox start

13 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Interesting Geelong Cup indeed, smaller tactical field thats been won with a sharp sprint in recent editions with similar numbers...What did you make of Hartnells unlucky run in Caulfield Cup? a  race like the Zipping Classic looks ready made , and Mr Quickie , id be going Cox plate but will be interesting to see what Moody decides

You are correct, Hartnell was probably the unluckiest run in the Cup. Not so sure about Mr Quickie, hasn't shown enough in recent races for me. I couldn't believe how short he was in the Cup.

7 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

You are correct, Hartnell was probably the unluckiest run in the Cup. Not so sure about Mr Quickie, hasn't shown enough in recent races for me. I couldn't believe how short he was in the Cup.

Watch the race again WD , Quickies rider said with a run goes close, and remember missed the jump and ridden up early , Moody has decided the Cox but not guaranteed a start. 

Neufbosc at $26 is ridiculous overs

Ran some great sectionals in the Naturalism "Neufbosc ran the fastest 200-metre split in his race. The French import ran 11.12s from the 600m to 400m and you'll note he did it covering ground. This was all part of a huge mid-race squeeze that saw Neufbosc increase his speed in terms of benchmark figures by 14.7 lengths through the second section of the race. He will be ready to peak next run and is $51 for the Metropolitan Handicap."

Next start, in the Metrop, he was pole-axed at the 400m and not perservered with.

Needs to win this (as do a few), but is near peak fitness after 4 runs, & loves the 2400m.

Any horse that can split Kew Gardens and Dee Ex Bee in a G1 2400 at Longchamp has obvious class.

Just get on!

15 hours ago, Gruff said:

Interesting Geelong Cup indeed, smaller tactical field thats been won with a sharp sprint in recent editions with similar numbers...What did you make of Hartnells unlucky run in Caulfield Cup? a  race like the Zipping Classic looks ready made , and Mr Quickie , looks Huge if gets cox start

What did you make of Red Verdon's run given he was pole axed by the winners in CC Ive taken 60s and 18s for MC , am i any real hope Gruff as you know the form better than most

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

What did you make of Red Verdon's run given he was pole axed by the winners in CC Ive taken 60s and 18s for MC , am i any real hope Gruff as you know the form better than most

Greg

RV out of Cup .

7 hours ago, Catalano said:

And, if he wins at Geelong, he'll be re-handicapped into the Melbourne Cup, in which the NZ TAB is currently showing him at $301 - he won't be at that come Thursday.

He'll need more than blinkers to get home methinks Cat......;)

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

He'll need more than blinkers to get home methinks Cat......;)

I reckon one of the imports or raiders will win the Geelong Cup this year  but steering clear of Steel Prince.  If ever a horse was there for a blow out its him , all the others will be full bore to try get in .

Can anything beat Harbour Views , do you think Main Stage could do him, I know you've put him up before ? 

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

I reckon one of the imports or raiders will win the Geelong Cup this year  but steering clear of Steel Prince.  If ever a horse was there for a blow out its him , all the others will be full bore to try get in .

Can anything beat Harbour Views , do you think Main Stage could do him, I know you've put him up before ? 

He's been disappointing to be fair RR....Walker back on is a plus but up in weight, blinkers off. Might prefer wetter too but on best would be right in this at good odds. That unbeaten Impi looks a threat, up in class but has been impressive to date.

Cup must be Prince of Arran and Supernova......and Mullins was desperate to get True Self here so worth a watch.

On 10/21/2019 at 5:43 PM, Trump said:

Spot on   your info was very  good info  , she ran a cracker . Lexus maybe and in . He can back horse up real well Willie Mullins , done it Royal Ascot , Cheltenham and Galway with success any number of occasions  so that would hold no fears . She be red hot fav in it I'd have thought. 

Bumper horses can be very good at times when switched to flat ,  True Self went to  a Warwick Bumper when trained  in England by guy who sells them on  and  was beaten by a half brother to Harlem who Juddmonte had cast off . Went to Mullins and won a few average bumpers in Ireland before the switch to flat .

Red Rum what do you know about Haky? Backed him today and although out gunned by the other two he boxed on quite well. 

Has he got his eye on the Melbourne Cup or is there an easier race he has in mind. 

Cheers 

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Spot on   your info was very  good info  , she ran a cracker . Lexus maybe and in . He can back horse up real well Willie Mullins , done it Royal Ascot , Cheltenham and Galway with success any number of occasions  so that would hold no fears . She be red hot fav in it I'd have thought. 

Bumper horses can be very good at times when switched to flat ,  True Self went to  a Warwick Bumper when trained  in England by guy who sells them on  and  was beaten by a half brother to Harlem who Juddmonte had cast off . Went to Mullins and won a few average bumpers in Ireland before the switch to flat .

How many horses have gone from the Geelong Cup through  the  lexus Houlahan /Rum to Melbourne ?

28 minutes ago, Gruff said:

How many horses have gone from the Geelong Cup through  the  lexus Houlahan /Rum to Melbourne ?

Not sure how many would have won Lexus off back of Geelong Cup run  then took up chance in Cup but Northwest Passage was second in Geelong Cup last year and they chanced arm in Lexus to try get in , and  Charlie Fellowes had that plan if it went bent today according to preview. 

Sounds like she is running in Matriarch Stakes anyway then HK according to Racing Com.

1 minute ago, Red Rum said:

Not sure how many would have won Lexus off back of Geelong Cup run  then took up chance in Cup but Northwest Passage was second in Geelong Cup last year and they chanced arm in Lexus to try get in , and  Charlie Fellowes had that plan if it went bent today according to preview. 

Sounds like she is running in Matriarch Stakes anyway then HK according to Racing Com.

Wouldnt Matter RR they wont beat Marmelo :rcfe-like:

2 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Red Rum what do you know about Haky? Backed him today and although out gunned by the other two he boxed on quite well. 

Has he got his eye on the Melbourne Cup or is there an easier race he has in mind. 

Cheers 

Never heard of him until the Prix Kegorley behind Marmelo. Last hurrah for John Hammond , read little while ago his retirement job is looking after OTI interests in France . Improved run today, he had some issue at Caulfield I think I read .

OTI have a real good horse in France called Amade , won Belmont Gold Cup , came through claimers run up a sequence but is out until next year with injury .

Ebor form looking quite solid out here so far . Ebor runners 1, 2 and 5 today , Mustajeer ran well Sat and POA Herbert Power run outstanding . I think Raymond Tusk would have won Ebor with clear run but talking through my pocket .

Cross Counter seems to be sliding under the radar?It wouldnt surprise me one iota if we see the first quinella back up in Cup history :rcf-rich-1:  im watching Australian Love Island Fiji so maybe im losing the plot again :rcfe-laughing: