RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Toblerone

Losers Get Laid - Week 7 entries

5 minutes ago, Toblerone said:

Kloppite appears to have edited his post to make it look like I brought this up for no good reason. Cheeky.

Yes I just realised it would look like that - apologies!   Just re-edited my post.

The feedback was polite and intended to be constructive.  Cheers

Interesting observation that you're not the one creating the fun.

7 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Just like the fact you haven’t once thanked the sponsor......

Never thought about it - apologies.  Bunch of entrants who don't thank anyone.  

but for the record, if I manage to fluke my way to a win in this comp, I won't be accepting the prize.  Just enjoying the comp for competition sake. 

Back to the main action of the comp for a moment...It is fascinating how we all line up form. I toyed with Everest for a bit but I could not get past SALane being nearly a certainty. Yet 4 people have laid it! Unlike the other 'pick a winner' comp, the whole 'pick a good horse to lose' aspect really bends your punting head, IMHO. 

Thanks for comp P4P.

If I win (VERY unlikely) there will be pas de cadeux. :)

3 hours ago, Toblerone said:

Alright, all 16 are in.

10 in the Everest (4x Santa Ana Lane, 3x Arcadia Queen, 2x Pierata, 1x Redzel)

2 in the Cup (Finche, Constantinople)

2 in the Tristarc (Angelic Ruler, Pohutakawa)

2 on Miss Leonidas in the Caufield Sprint.

If any of them are late scratched, you go on Kali at Ashburton.

ALSO, from the first week at which there are 10 or less competitors remaining, I will let you submit your selections to me by private message for posting after cut off if you wish.

Why would you want to do that??? I think rules should be rules...from start to finish.JMO

6 hours ago, Toblerone said:

ALSO, from the first week at which there are 10 or less competitors remaining, I will let you submit your selections to me by private message for posting after cut off if you wish.

Good call Toblerone - good to remove the last player advantage.

Having said that, using last player advantage is not cheating - it's just a case of playing smart (within the rules)

There is no last player advantage right now because there are still so many people in contention, but when you're down to a few it can make a big difference.

I suppose from the POV of the website owners/admins the smaller the comp gets with eliminations, then fewer people are tuning in to that particular thread. With the one day comps you are sort of gripped until the end of the day, waiting to see if your picks turn into points.