RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
flockofewes2

~the Everest..

6 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Dont think he had Nature strip Hokes? And didnt he rove Santa and red?  Dont get me wrong i want to see him get paid :rcfe-like:

Oh bugger...Pierata was called 4th.......the tri paid over a grand so hopefully they got some of that...

54 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

So if Ten Sovereigns gets beat does that mean Timeform is a fraud ?

Not sure Timeform a fraud its a respected organisation thats been around a while . Bit too hot today for TS , weight scale and end long season that started with guineas prep heading round world to challenge best in business a tough ask and price suggested that.

Talking timeform that Constantinople got the looks of a horse that will end up with the dreaded Timeform  squiggle at some point . 

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Oh bugger...Pierata was called 4th.......the tri paid over a grand so hopefully they got some of that...

A donut :rcf-sad-4:

my fortune rests on the Lord Mayor...

8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Imho, if some of those Timeform horses raced more in Oz, I think their ratings would decline..

What particular horses are awaiting a rating decline ? , Mirage Dancer went ok today , Constantinople went ok after being sandwiched to almost a stop in straight , Mustajeer was close up ,  Royal Match a northern 3 yo with 60kgs went ok today after year off and trip round the world , 110  rated COGH went well last week straight out quarantine , 112 rated Prince Aaron almost  gave 3.5kgs to arguably the best staying 3 year old  trained in NZ last year in Herbert Power and all the  northern horses  that had a win last year , how are the ratings too wonky, are the above horses rated too lightly up north because they are a long way  behind Enable , Crystal Ocean and Waldgeist who sit  on 128 . Do Timeform overate  them or the official handicapper ? The money going up north suggests trainers and owners rate the horses higher in the distance range 2000 metres and up than those they can buy down here .

COGH exposed the current quality of WFA horses down here last week.9 year old geldings mopping up the others .

As for the sprinters , without doubt clearly OZ the best  .

55 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Horses rated WFA quality by Timeform ( from the Northern Hemisphere ) are not competitive down here, I’m saying 124+ horses ..... the lower level handicappers are, particularly the SH four year olds like Constantinople.

Greg Carpenter seems unable to understand that, and consequently the late autumn NH three year old horses off say a 110-118 mark are underrated and very competitive

That sprinter today got flogged, he raced like a 115 horse and that’s about what he is in Australia 

They were flying today to be fair....ran a tick over 1.7 for The Everest....the colt and Santa Ana were exceptional.

15 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Horses rated WFA quality by Timeform ( from the Northern Hemisphere ) are not competitive down here, I’m saying 124+ horses ..... the lower level handicappers are, particularly the SH four year olds like Constantinople.

Greg Carpenter seems unable to understand that, and consequently the late autumn NH three year old horses off say a 110-118 mark are underrated and very competitive

That sprinter today got flogged, he raced like a 115 horse and that’s about what he is in Australia 

TS ran last , flogged not sure he was flogged . He was at back of  pack  . The time was quick , he was drawn wide , never raced around a bend before  , end long season , ran poorly last start at York too and not great weight for northern 3 year old compared to winner however at levels he still wouldn't have beaten winner . They must have had some hope as they are too shrewd to bring out Moore and the horse for day out so fair play to OZ sprinters . No rational arguement can be made imho that Euro sprinters are consistently at OZ level. Odd good run , Spirit of Valour ran the Weir flying machine Brave Smash close in Manikato . Brave Smash flew home in blinkers , good training effort by Weir to get him flying that day . 

Imho 1800 above I think the OZ horses are in general in the reverse situation to Euro sprinters . Winx would have won a good race in Europe , Criterion went ok up there but they need to be the best to complete  up North . 

How many Euro trained horses have come down here ran in WFA races and failed , by way of failed missed top 4 or 5 maybe . Few real  top line Euro WFA horses have been down bar Highland Reel and he improved after Cox Plate placing  , Benbatl is top line imho .Side Glance very good but hardly a household name , Blair House only nosed out by Benbatl not known by many up North , Folkswood  who could recall him in UK ,. Cape Good Hope . Where are these overated northern WFA horses that come down here and get lapped at WFA .

Is it just the sprinters over rated by TF then or these middle distance /stayers .If the latter what ones were overated and failed ?

On 10/18/2019 at 2:22 PM, Ohokaman said:

Santa Ana Lane is the best sprinter RR.....nice couple up with a few....

Santa Ana Lane, Arcadia Queen, Yes Yes Yes, Alizee, Pierata.....In her time.....

Mates from school have Foxwedge filly Aesop's Fable in R4...up in class but has won three so a throw at the stumps before a break. 

Three quarter brother by Smart Missile The Drake also running in R3.

Filly off for a break now, Sarge thinks she is a black type horse once she has strengthened up. They were a bit upset The Drake had to be scratched after some thing in the next stall went off. Had been backed in so might be worth following, in a good stable.

They also tell me Paul O'Sullivan has a three quarter brother in Hong Kong named Chicken Dance that is very exciting......:rcfe-like:

17 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

Santa certainty beat in that. 

Yes mate and Classique Legend. Not the best passage in running and you only get one lick in a race like that per year. 

Next year if he is fit and well. 

46 minutes ago, Trump said:

70% of tickets sold to Everest race goers, we’re to “UNDER 35yo’s”! It’s definitely revived racing - in NSW. 

I'm not sure that 30,000 youngsters heading along to a piss up with a band afterwards could be described has having "revived" racing in NSW. Riccarton virtually sells out on Cup Day with thousands of youngsters going along to a piss up, but I have never seen anyone describe that as having revived racing in Canterbury.

I went along to my first Cup Day at Riccarton as an 18yo and everyone there in those days was there for the racing itself. I suspect quite a few of those people have stayed in the game. It will be interesting to see what retention rate we have with youngsters attracted by today"s methods.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a big crowd at the races, but best not to get over excited by it.

It could also be interpreted that only 30% of the attendance were actually there for the races.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I'm not sure that 30,000 youngsters heading along to a piss up with a band afterwards could be described has having "revived" racing in NSW. Riccarton virtually sells out on Cup Day with thousands of youngsters going along to a piss up, but I have never seen anyone describe that as having revived racing in Canterbury.

I went along to my first Cup Day at Riccarton as an 18yo and everyone there in those days was there for the racing itself. I suspect quite a few of those people have stayed in the game. It will be interesting to see what retention rate we have with youngsters attracted by today"s methods.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a big crowd at the races, but best not to get over excited by it.

It could also be interpreted that only 30% of the attendance were actually there for the races.

I’m not sure what you want? They all seemed to be out the front or in the Stand watching the racing. Would you rather 30,000 under 35yo’s didn’t go? How the hell can you grow the attendance? It’s not going to come from over 50’s ffs!

Yeah I notice Mr V'Landys talks about the young crowds being there, which is good for that day, but what's being done to maintain their interest outside of Everest day? Compare it with say rugby union here, it's strength isn't the people that turn up to have a drink and watch the world cup final, it's the week in week out fans who go to all the games, pay for year round tv subscriptions, buy the merchandise etc that keep the sport going. 

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

Bloody hell, some of you are hard to please.

A bold initiative attracts global interest.

It captivates a city, and 30,000 young ones go racing, they feel the vibe, they enjoy the excitement, they’ve been exposed to the product, to the experience ..... what more do you want ?

Would you be happy if 30,000 people from an old people’s home went along ?

We claim that as an industry we’ve lost a generation or two, this is evidence we’re capturing their interest again, albeit for one day, but you lot still whinge ....

I'm not sure the racecourse amenities are going to  handle the  oldies PFP. They could be pushed to pressure  point, bordering on leakage!:o