RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Local Body Elections

All over for another 3 years and non interest/apathy was the main ingredient.     A case of vote for the name you know not his/her policies.     Here in Auckland the only candidate to my knowledge who promised higher rates was the clown who got in.       Now listen to the number of people who moan and groan when they rise again next year.    Well most of them can't complain because they either never voted or ticked the incumbent because they had heard of him!      On the North Shore the two who voted against the peoples wishes on many issues and were roundly criticised for this got back in without too much problem.      Silly, silly, citizens.       And of course the explosion of immigrants over the past 3 years also were probably so uninformed that they all didn't bother to vote either,

47 minutes ago, eljay said:

All over for another 3 years and non interest/apathy was the main ingredient.     A case of vote for the name you know not his/her policies.     Here in Auckland the only candidate to my knowledge who promised higher rates was the clown who got in.       Now listen to the number of people who moan and groan when they rise again next year.    Well most of them can't complain because they either never voted or ticked the incumbent because they had heard of him!      On the North Shore the two who voted against the peoples wishes on many issues and were roundly criticised for this got back in without too much problem.      Silly, silly, citizens.       And of course the explosion of immigrants over the past 3 years also were probably so uninformed that they all didn't bother to vote either,

The problem for many voters is in AK they were being asked to vote to two former labour party hacks , that's no choice .

""  Look what happened in WGTN , voters were given the opportunity to dump a labour backed candidate and they grabbed the opportunity . 

Lester ran on the Labour ticket with his aspirations of entering central party politics much-talked about.

He also unveiled the aspirational $6.4 billion transport plan Let’s Get Wellington Moving earlier in the year, which was supposed to boost Lester’s chances of re-election in a city that’s suffered through seemingly endless transport woes . But the plan has been pulled into political scraps, and Lester’s opponents quickly labelled it “politically compromised ”.

HA HA  , aspirational $6.4 billion and  Labour ticket with his aspirations of entering central party politics , this is a pointer of labours chances in the next general election , cindy support has collapsed and Winston is gone , bring it on .

As i have mentioned under another thread i have been delivering pamphlets for a family member in our local elections.

Yesterday after results were known i adjourned to a local waterhole(even though i'm a non drinker) where i met up with my family member and friends.

Even though he was unsuccessful he was pleased that at least he received more votes than our local call girl/stripper.

Later in the course of the day i was approached by an elderly group of voters who passed on to me why they hadn't voted for my son.

F..k me its as though they were still stuck in the 1950s with their reasons.

NZ sure gets the polis they deserve that is for sure.