tim vince

In my view

7 posts in this topic

Another irrational decision by handicapping sub committee.horse with more than 2 wins can't go below 45.why.if you are a 75 year old golfer and u were once on 2 should they make your max 20.really its another in th he long list of decisions that really make no sense.i  would like to get them face to face and take them on.also no discretion conti he's but there is discretion if you read on.bugger me.

Sub committees should not be making decisions that affect racing.     Yes, they can make suggestions but these should be referred back to the clubs/interested parties (owners/trainers/horsemen) before decisions are made willy nilly by one or two people who it appears think they know or are told by authorities they know more/better than those directly involved in the industry.

Go back to the old sysem, 1 win, up 1 grade, with more races for 2 and 3 year olds. Go back a class if horse has 6 unplaced starts, further back than 6th inclusive but no further than 2 win class. Quite simple to follow, 2 year olds get 1 penalty for each second win unless the stake to the winner is more than $20,000.

IF they did I think "concessions" should be given based on stakes.    But it's really a damned if you do situation - depending on ability of horse you are racing.    And this debate will continue ad infinitum unless the racing population can be substantially increased so that like against like is a reality.      How can we increase the numbers?     How can we keep average or less ability horses in NZ?       The situation has spiralled and I am afraid leaving the decisions on racing in the hands of the breeders has never inspired confidence and I can't ever see it working.      Political intervention must be genuine, not just vote catching!     And the assistance of the politicians over the past 10 or more years has been as effective as a plastic bag riddled with holes for storing liquids.   Hell,you'll all say i paint a negative picture, and there I agree with you but what then inspires confidence - I can't see anything.