poundforpound

Comedy from Taupo

32 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, Gruff said:

You do remember Glynn Tucker say he would jump off the roof of the grandstand if Supreme glory won the Oaks :rcfe-happy-3:.....im sure he thought Cobham was going to be a Melbourne Cup horse :rcf-rich-1:

Remember her winning the Oaks well Gruff with Jimmy Walker aboard. I have told the story relating to the win on here previously but I was on that day. She never won another race. 

I tend to agree Trump. The pace will be on I imagine and if he is lucky enough in the run he can steam into it from the 7/800 mark. He's a solid chance. 

17 hours ago, Trump said:

I think Moonee Valley is “the perfect “ racecourse and perfect race for the Shark. With the pace on and the cambered turn for home, I can see him doing a sling shot around the outside on the turn and running over the top of them - if he’s good enough. Track is not a problem.

50 minutes ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

I tend to agree Trump. The pace will be on I imagine and if he is lucky enough in the run he can steam into it from the 7/800 mark. He's a solid chance. 

No problems hard run 2040 in top class , 440 metres further  than he's ever run before ? Fast pace might suit a few other proven WFA performers .

1 hour ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

interesting perspective.. i see him as a big-striding type who takes time to get into top gear...MV circuit (imo) suits the ones who can corner quickly...making ground out wide when the sprint is on, at that track is not easy for big-striding staying types. He's likely to finish over the top of them...after the post ! Hope I'm wrong but I'll be picking a couple with superior tactical speed

MM 

Will TAS make the cut , reports seem to suggest some big decisions to be made by committee . Only 1 group 1 placing , nothing at Group 1 WFA and not a winner of exempt race or invite  he must be one of those that's first to go. 

9 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Will TAS make the cut , reports seem to suggest some big decisions to be made by committee . Only 1 group 1 placing , nothing at Group 1 WFA and not a winner of exempt race or invite  he must be one of those that's first to go. 

Only 35 left in........take out the three year olds and those who haven’t run this season yet and you’ve got 26 left...take out those who’re hopelessly out of form and you’ve got 15 left.......

15 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Only 35 left in........take out the three year olds and those who haven’t run this season yet and you’ve got 26 left...take out those who’re hopelessly out of form and you’ve got 15 left.......

Few will fall by wayside , Danceteria under sickness cloud , Dream Castle had a tough old run wide  Saturday but he could be one on cusp maybe , that Jebel Hatta win at Meydan not that good a Grp 1 field , but Grp 1 win none the less.His form in UK this year not flash .

Royal Meeting in on Saturday according to RP . Form of that French win last northern autumn stacks up , 2nd dual  classic winner the third also has not been disgraced against best this year , forth never raced again and has a spot a good stud so decent win . Trainer can  get them ready after long layoff quite well.