RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Landfills

There  are 748 waste to energy facilities in the world,in the U.S their waste powers 2 million homes....here it leaches into our waterways .The latest one in the Dome Valley will run 150 + trucks a day through one of the most crash riden zones north of the Bombays ,the tip feeding the leachate into the Kaipara harbour, the state of NZ roads is another story. Awful

32 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

I'm not sure if it's leaching, but that old Tip behind the Awapuni racecourse now looks like a very attractive hill.

There are some good looking Tip sites around Auckland as well Heap:rcfe-like: a few on harbour fringes.Houhora in the far north another example, next to a mangrove reknowned for tasty Oysters,the minute organisms particularly the secondary in mangroves do a great job breaking these down , but somewhere a line needs to be drawn...Burning Rubbish at 2000 fahrentite  to produce energy seems a good solution... but not to warmists :rcf-thinking:

On 10/11/2019 at 11:38 AM, Uriah Heap said:

I'm not sure if it's leaching, but that old Tip behind the Awapuni racecourse now looks like a very attractive hill.

I think the Manawatu RC should arrange for some horses to be grazing up there on race day. That would be a nice touch.;)