RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

now this is a race - the Arc

So Enable is having a crack at making history...3 Arcs...never been done

Sottass is unbelievably good horse who's got gears...

Ghaiyyath is a monster killer of a horse that won the Grosser Von Baden Baden by 17 lengths at his last start

Coolmore's horse Japan bids to show improvement ....

Fierement Japan's seriously good Deep Impact....

Waldgeist....rumour has it Fabre has got him singing....

Magical...leading mare....

Anthony Van Dyke...won the Derby.... and then the rest

Now that's a field

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Back end jumpers flat, usually run on a track that cuts out ....just kidding...

Because the French know how good the English and Irish bumper horses are and dont want them winning they have excluded 99 per cent by not allowing geldings .

Will be a cracker race .

So I checked out the field, for this is the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe, possibly Europe's top horse race; that is, it is not a maiden steeplechase at Market Razen.

Every runner is a three year old chestnut gelding and the breeding of none of the horses is shown.

This is unspeakably pathetic behaviour by our TAB.

2 hours ago, poundforpound said:

As expected, wet track slog in the mud and won by a 6 yo jumper ( in waiting )

Why are so many people besotted with this back end plodders race 

Perhaps that's why pomy trainers won three group 1s over two days and pom breds dominated Arc and Arc day as a whole. The old poms can breed a tough slugger.I'd have a fiver on the  ARC winner in Supreme Novices in March .

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I wouldn’t label Waldgeist a Slug - he’s won about 4 G1 races! 

He's that good he wins on ground he hates normally running down a champion .Be interesting to see who presses onto Santa Anita now , tough race this morning and not sure what situation is with turf there I think it's the dirt causing the problems .

3 hours ago, Red Rum said:

He's that good he wins on ground he hates normally running down a champion .Be interesting to see who presses onto Santa Anita now , tough race this morning and not sure what situation is with turf there I think it's the dirt causing the problems .

I heard Gosden say he won because he handled the track better than her...he wanted firmer ground.....:rolleyes:

15 hours ago, poundforpound said:

As expected, wet track slog in the mud and won by a 6 yo jumper ( in waiting )

Why are so many people besotted with this back end plodders race 

Got to love your dedication....

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

You know me Fruit....love my good actioned top class horses but I cannot resonate with back end mudders that bend their knees as though they’re climbing stairs.

Bring those jumpers here for the Cox Plate and we’ll see who’s the best 

Well TAS is $10 @the NZ TAB for the Cox...so pile it on and retire from selling hangovers.

5 hours ago, poundforpound said:

You know me Fruit....love my good actioned top class horses but I cannot resonate with back end mudders that bend their knees as though they’re climbing stairs.

Bring those jumpers here for the Cox Plate and we’ll see who’s the best 

Don't think they have ever jumped a hurdle but those northern plodders have since 2014 had a win and 4 other placed in top 4 , 3 of those top 3 out of not many runners . Was Makybe Diva classed as a northern plodder by birth but an Aussie later ? 

10 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Rumbo,what's your over all thoughts on the Arc this 

I thought she had it turning in but winner is very good and has been for few years .Even in the very soft  going the fact top five home were prominent in market and some of the biggest race winners  from this season showed race in good light and imho reasonably to ratings/form  . Ghaiyath imploded a bit but he goes out hard and in that going was always going to be tough .

What did you think of it ?

21 minutes ago, Swoopa said:

Rumbo,what's your over all thoughts on the Arc this weekend?

Cape of Good Hope in noms  at Caulfield and Cranbourne this weekend , within 5 lengths of Scottsass and Persian King in French Derby , couple runs stateside since .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

I thought she had it turning in but winner is very good and has been for few years .Even in the very soft  going the fact top five home were prominent in market and some of the biggest race winners  from this season showed race in good light and imho reasonably to ratings/form  . Ghaiyath imploded a bit but he goes out hard and in that going was always going to be tough .

What did you think of it ?

When the French say it's soft ground, we are definitely running  on the heavy side of soft!That false  straight area was horrendous!Every field that came through there on Sunday looked like they had a bus tied on them.The ground definitely  didn't help her and Dettori looked to have everyone  covered. My only question (grandstand jockey) is that did Dettori think she needed the rail after moving down from her position in the straight ?Where virtually  all the winners came from on Sunday, the only one that made ground along the rail that day was City Light and he also got beat!With the ground she just wasn't  good enough  on the day.The 3yr old was a little weak in the conditions ,but I could see him winning  it next year on better ground.Not the prettiest of running actions on the winner Pounder,but who cares when they are winning  races and Grp 1s to boot!He made alot of ground in the straight for a well deserved decisive win.Rumbo, Fabre may have found his Derby horse on the same day!

10 hours ago, Swoopa said:

When the French say it's soft ground, we are definitely running  on the heavy side of soft!That false  straight area was horrendous!Every field that came through there on Sunday looked like they had a bus tied on them.The ground definitely  didn't help her and Dettori looked to have everyone  covered. My only question (grandstand jockey) is that did Dettori think she needed the rail after moving down from her position in the straight ?Where virtually  all the winners came from on Sunday, the only one that made ground along the rail that day was City Light and he also got beat!With the ground she just wasn't  good enough  on the day.The 3yr old was a little weak in the conditions ,but I could see him winning  it next year on better ground.Not the prettiest of running actions on the winner Pounder,but who cares when they are winning  races and Grp 1s to boot!He made alot of ground in the straight for a well deserved decisive win.Rumbo, Fabre may have found his Derby horse on the same day!

Ancient History ex Fabre race 2 Balaklava today , full brother to Victor Ludorum He has been moved on by Godolphin for 25k. Trainer has dropped him back to sprints and found a  bit of life in him when it looked gone 

Be a huge call to go Santa Anita , can you imagine the outcry if something happened to her there even though it's turf not dirt  . The Euros will have their work cut out up against Sistercharlie if she runs in the Turf  she won well again  Sunday .