RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Benbatl

Benbatl was brilliant – but what about you know who?

Benbatl was breathtaking at Newmarket on Friday.

Leading from start to finish in the Group 2 Joel Stakes, he sauntered to a five-length defeat of King Of Comedy, who on his previous start had been beaten only two lengths by Japan in the Juddmonte International. Back in a distant third was Zaaki, a dual Group winner this season.

Benbatl (left): no match for Winx in last year's Cox Plate
Benbatl (left): no match for Winx in last year's Cox Plate
Vince Caligiuri/Getty Images

This was Benbatl's first run of 2019. On his last run of 2018, when he equalled his then personal-best display, he was readily dismissed by the incomparable wonder that was Winx, whose absence from this column in recent months will undoubtedly have disappointed so many of you.

Blimey, she must have been good.

Winx achievements certainly showcased Waller 's training prowess.

Early days she was at least twice beaten clearly by a filly called First Seal.While Waller rested  Winx to strengthen up...First Seal raced in everything, all conditions and barriers and never ,ever reached her true potential imo.

Still got his nuts in. Seriously good horse. One of those animals that got pulled off his grid by having a crack at the Derby. Won his first start over 1400m by 7. Then taken on the Derby journey. Still managed to run 5th. Shows he was quite a mature 3yo. Dropped back in distance and now rated 123. latest win over 1600m and he killed them. Running 2nd to Winx is not a disgrace.  He would make an interesting stallion down here . Interesting balance of blood.  Pedigree is very interesting. 4th dam is La Mer (she was a freak when we had good horses racing in NZ) and 2nd Dam was one of the Arab's first group winners as a breeder. Bahr was a gorgeous filly. 

7 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

If you call him Tutu you must know me.....I started that and he’s always been Tutu to me 

Champion bloke, and has left great kids 

Haven't had the pleasure yet Leo...but have known Tutu for a few years now socially. He even named his boat after himself! :lol:

1 hour ago, Ponderosa8 said:

You see Noel on TV all the time so have always wondered where Des is living these days and what he's doing with himself??....guess fishing must be one of the things.

Yep... he's got place over Whakatane way and is a mad fisherman. Des was actually the one who gave me these videos of La Mer's races to convert to DVD for him a few years back.

HARRIS BROTHERS 1972.jpg

Looks like the colours of Black Rod that Des is wearing...

And seeing Johnny there, reminds me of the 1st ever Hoof Beats I brought.. Was 1972 and Johnny was aboard Far Time on the front cover. I've still got the box of Hoof Beats stored away in a cupboard at home... all with their "Colour Plates" inside too...

On 10/4/2019 at 2:15 PM, Ponderosa8 said:

Looks like the colours of Black Rod that Des is wearing...

And seeing Johnny there, reminds me of the 1st ever Hoof Beats I brought.. Was 1972 and Johnny was aboard Far Time on the front cover. I've still got the box of Hoof Beats stored away in a cupboard at home... all with their "Colour Plates" inside too...

are your Hoofbeats mags for sale?