RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tim vince

What a shame

2 hours ago, tim vince said:

Ellerslie yesterday.ok  weather decent racing food ok bar prices too high but no people.

What was the draw card for Ellerslie yesterday? A track rating of ten and average fields.

It could be an afternoon out,maybe not for the serious punter but better than sitting home on devices or shopping mall.the time between races need to be addressed.what was the attraction 20 years ago when the joint would have been full.more people at kids football.had a good talk to Daniel nahkle.very passionate.i don't know the answer .we seem to have lost it.sad really

1 hour ago, pole said:

What was the draw card for Ellerslie yesterday? A track rating of ten and average fields.

I guess thats the dilemma us racing enthusiasts keep asking ourselves.

Tim and friends got a win and were there to enjoy it but with Trackside providing a great service and betting on line so convenient there is little reason to go ,other than those who enjoy seeing the horse in their flesh.

I note even folk with ownership interests often only pop out to see their horse race, and don't hang around. 

Ellerslie's public facilities are very good and considering the 40 mils of rain last week the track seemed OK by winter standards. No bog.

16 minutes ago, tim vince said:

It could be an afternoon out,maybe not for the serious punter but better than sitting home on devices or shopping mall.the time between races need to be addressed.what was the attraction 20 years ago when the joint would have been full.more people at kids football.had a good talk to Daniel nahkle.very passionate.i don't know the answer .we seem to have lost it.sad really

When the industry continues to treat is own supporters/battlers with disdain is it any wonder no one goes and interest continues to wane?