RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Michael Walker

You have to wonder sometimes. Looking through today’s Caulfield program, one of the best Jockeys riding at the moment, Michael Walker (NZ) has only one ride on a big day of 9 races. His strike rate is impressive but going back over the few months of city meetings, he doesn’t seem to have a lot of rides. I wonder if he’s a bit choosey, needs a better Manager/Agent, or just limits his availability? Or, maybe it’s the competitive environment? He’s one of my favourite Jockeys and when he’s on a good one, he usually brings it home. 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

You have to wonder sometimes. Looking through today’s Caulfield program, one of the best Jockeys riding at the moment, Michael Walker (NZ) has only one ride on a big day of 9 races. His strike rate is impressive but going back over the few months of city meetings, he doesn’t seem to have a lot of rides. I wonder if he’s a bit choosey, needs a better Manager/Agent, or just limits his availability? Or, maybe it’s the competitive environment? He’s one of my favourite Jockeys and when he’s on a good one, he usually brings it home. 

He has had a number of issues with his back so not too sure where things are at for him at the moment in regards to this

I agree Trumpy he is still top class. Controlled that race beautifully on Haut Brion Her on Sat before last. Surely he has a big chance on Finche on Sat.

They seem to make it tough in Aus for jocks when some of the handicaps (Epsom, Metrop) have 57kg top weights and lots of horses carrying 50-51.