RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rosie one

Need recommendations please

Now you all know, well the ones that watch my lad debut run at Waverly was not the greatest ... infact it was unexpected to say the least.

Since then I taken the horse home and have introduced his old bridle  rings and also added a set of full cup blinkers and have been riding him around the paddock quietly.

I'm seriously wanting recommedations of trainers who have riders with good stamia and know how to handle a horse that can pull sometimes. 

There arent many riders of the caliber available down this way that I know of.

Your input will be appreciated.

Or if you are a trainer who wishes to contact privately.

Call me on 021 08828964

This is the race link attached.

Number 6 is the horse we are talking about.

He has had two 3rds and a second at the jumpouts ova 1000m and is bred to go 1600m and upwards

https://loveracing.nz/Common/SystemTemplates/Modal/Video.aspx?v=http%3a%2f%2fwww.racingreplays.co.nz%2fmedia%2f201908%2fM4+WAVY+R04+290819+TB(A).mp4&i=%2fCommon%2fImage.ashx%3fw%3d720%26h%3d400%26a%3d1%26o%3d1%26bg%3deeeeee%26p%3dhttp%3a%2f%2fwww.racingreplays.co.nz%2fmedia%2f201908%2fM4+WAVY+R04+290819+TB(A).jpg&r=Race+4+-+SUMMIT+HAULAGE+1400&rs=1&jwsour

First things first. Have his teeth checked. I'd also be looking at the sides of its mouth for scarring/ cuts just to make sure that these aren't an issue.  Rider worries me a bit so not the person who should ride a horse like that. Don't really know much about the trainer.

He's not actually bred to go a distance because  his dam is by Ekraar (who is out of a Juvenile Breeders Cup winner) with the second dam being by a son of Zephyr Bay (by Biscay) and the third dam is by King Tobias, who is by Blecthingly (by Biscay as well) so really sprinting on the dam's side. Zed himself is also out of a Danehill mare.

May I suggest Danicia Guy in Matamata. She is a kind person who loves her horses and he looks as though he could do with some loving.

Teeth done

Was being worked in a bit you cannot race in... however I did see that all his hair on the near side of his mouth had been rubbed off and there was a thin wire tongue depresser behind the bit, which I thought was a wee bit big for the horse's mouth too.

He a very kind natured horse.. he's just so reactive to ride. This is why I have put full cup blinkers on him and this has helped him to focus more on the rider so far. 

I would like to see him race right handed too as he feel amazing that way around too

Thanks Berri

1 hour ago, rosie one said:

Teeth done

Was being worked in a bit you cannot race in... however I did see that all his hair on the near side of his mouth had been rubbed off and there was a thin wire tongue depresser behind the bit, which I thought was a wee bit big for the horse's mouth too.

He a very kind natured horse.. he's just so reactive to ride. This is why I have put full cup blinkers on him and this has helped him to focus more on the rider so far. 

I would like to see him race right handed too as he feel amazing that way around too

Thanks Berri

If he's that reactive to ride then he may have something wrong with his back or wither. Horses are normally very genuine but react to what they feel. You might just need to investigate that. If you had a croock back or neck and it was bad as soon as someone gets on top, you might also react the same way. Just thinking about it.

13 minutes ago, Berri said:

If he's that reactive to ride then he may have something wrong with his back or wither. Horses are normally very genuine but react to what they feel. You might just need to investigate that. If you had a croock back or neck and it was bad as soon as someone gets on top, you might also react the same way. Just thinking about it.

I sent him to Massey a couple of days after the race for a full examination and bloods etc.

All clear 100 percent okay.

He reacts to his envoriment... for eg, I was riding him  just walking him around and a bird sung out a bird warning call and he reacted to that... I was working him just on sunrise and as the sun came up the sunlight set him off .... this is why  the full cup blinkers went on and now he's not so reactive.

I'm not young and I don't know if I'm going to be fit enough to give this lad the type of work he needs.

Thanks for you comments thou.